Talking Dear Mr. Steven Denton
    Dear Mr. Steven Denton:

Will you please clean up the big mess that LinkShare has become so that affiliates will want to - and can enjoy working with LinkShare Merchants again.

I realize that this means a lot of cleaning up but someone needs to do it.

Hint - Affiliates like to be able to receive a response from LinkShare Support when we need it but there are many problems besides this.

I'm sure you can see what all of the problems are by just reading the threads here at ABW.

Thank you for your time and effort in this matter.

Sincerely,

A Best Web Affiliates - and some ABW Merchants too - no doubt.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Dear Valued Partner,

Now, I'm writing to let you know that LinkShare's Chairman and CEO, Stephen Messer and LinkShare's President and COO, Heidi Messer are leaving to pursue their next entrepreneurial venture. I will be taking over as President of LinkShare. All of us here have enjoyed working with Stephen and Heidi, and we wish them well.
    Those of us in the trenches, the ones making money for LS, don't quite share your sentiments, but we are glad there are a few less chiefs, especially those two, running the show. Only time will convince us things have changed.

To you, our partners, I promise to continue the tradition of excellence that you've come to expect from LinkShare.
    “Partners” has been a pretty loosely used term by LS. We hope you truly treat us more like partners under the new administation than the past.

In 2006, you can expect to see exciting announcements regarding LinkShare's international expansion. You can also expect to see us continue the work we have been doing domestically with the LinkShare Network to make it an even more profitable and secure place to do business on the web.
    I'm more interested in seeing LS fix what they have not in the last year. This includes a poor support system, a useless Synergy Analytics, SubID confusion, and much more (Mr. Denton, take the time to do some reading here and you will understand our frustration).

FYI, below is a copy of the press release that we sent out today.
    Errr, ummm, was this email of yours sitting in your outbox for two days or is LS still having problems sending out timely emails? That press release was sent out two days ago.

On behalf of all of us at LinkShare, I want to thank you for your continued business. I look forward to seeing you during my travels and at LinkShare's upcoming events.
    Again, read the posts here. LS is losing some good affiliates because of the way your company has done business. Forget about waiting for the next LS events. Be brave, get in here and tell us you really plan to fix all that is broken or needs work. That will mean more to us.

You, Mr. Denton, have a clean slate with me. My beef is with the way things were done in the past (mainly the ignorance of management to see the real problems and fix them, but having Mr. Messer stoop to calling me a liar in open forum certainly did not help). Fix these problems and that slate with the past will also be clean. Ignore them and you shoulder a heavy slate and much of what you claim to do for the future will be ignored and criticized.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Ron.....You can ruin a wet dream bro.....maybe you should go get your lithium script filled.....here's why.

1. You in the trenches??????

You are funnier than the new howard stern on sirius (and it's pretty funny) I just about fell out of my chair......that was a good laugh....you are much more like a monkey flinging crap at everything Linkshare does.....Ha Ha Ha ..Trenches LOL

Go back to the kiddies table and drink your Shirley Temple, when grown people are talking....shut your mouth.

2. LinkShare not knowing how to treat people?

They treated me extremely well...the people around me very well......respectful, Class, was outstanding. I disagree again..Maybe you are Prince Ron and you are used to royalty, minks, playboy models, yadda yadda.........but to a normal affiliate, I was very impressed and treated extremely well....As a matter of fact, I was looking for ya, I wanted to go get you some lapdances at one of them revues

Reality check for ya bro.....LinkShare owes you squat......There are many other affiliates out there not riding the bitter bus (TOOOT TOOOT) doing very well and evolving this business, long and short of it....You ain't the golden ticket.

To all the new affiliates coming in here.....Don't believe the hype of this guy.....he is nothing but a bitter man, that is trying to tarnish a great company's name on here....it so isnt true....the choice in the end is yours......jump on AbestRon's Bitter Bus.....or come make some cake.

On that note.....Have a wonderful day.

Di
    DD (Yo Yo Yo)
    Y

Diddy,

It's good to see you back but, the personal attack and lithium line have no place, please refrain. There are multiple threads discussing the ineptness and inequities of Linkshare, do all those posters ride this bitter bus you speak of?

It's ok to disagree and I, of course, realize many are passionate about their positions but realize that there are limits to what is and will be allowed, so please exercise better judgment next time you post your responses.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Nice to be back......I appreciate the warm fuzzy welcome, maybe I should change my name to Kotter......welcome back welcome back welcome backkkkkkk...

Yeah Yeah Yeah enough of this mushy business, lettuce troll along.

Negativity Mongers suck. Nuff Said....No Mo Commento's

Maybe I am wrong, it does happen...sometimes...but anyway....what I dig about these boards is the fact that I get informed about what is going on, as does the networks, etc etc....before I call, I look here.....it is very very helpful to me as an affiliate, that is a good thing......Being bitter when you dont get paid, or an order doesnt track is one thing.......Tooting along in the bitter bus all through the town is much much different, it brings out bad shit, and is unproductive....it rhymes with bong?

Long and short of it all is that I am excited for the future of this industry, lets work together in a positive way to make it even better, we can do this.

The Humble Hustler......Diddy

Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy
    Long and short of it all is that I am excited for the future of this industry, lets work together in a positive way to make it even better, we can do this.
    I agree, and thank you.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I wouldn't read too much into Steven Denton's announcement. He pretty much has to extend well wishes to the Messers, praise their work, and pledge to continue it. That's the polite and professional thing to do. At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if has a lot of changes in mind and is now in a position where he can make those changes happen. Time will tell.

Diddy: You need to learn the difference between attacking a viewpoint and attacking a person. You can attack the viewpoint without insulting Ron.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Diddy: You need to learn the difference between attacking a viewpoint and attacking a person. You can attack the viewpoint without insulting Ron.
    I appreciate your opinion Mr. Coley, some say Tomatoe some say Tomato.

Me personally, I look at it this way.....Say my name is George Brett.

Hi Mr George Brett.

Hi Mr Coley.

George Brett has Hemorrhoids, kinda sorta a pain in the ass, nagging etc etc.

So George Brett goes to the Pharmacy, gets some Prep H.....and takes care of the PROBLEM.

In saying that......

In life, you are either one of two things.....

Either part of the problem or Part of the Solution.

This is a new day for all of us here, lets raise the bar and be part of the solution......

BTW....your moniker still reminds of.......

Be Well

Didd'nt say it.

ABW Ambassador
    So the Messers were nice to you so Linkshare is great for affiliates now? I'll all for solutions. What's the solution?

I will say I like consolidated payments, that's more of a convenience because all the merchants prior to that still payed me. Not sure how direct deposit is working because I'lll wait on that.

Don't like
    Plans to remove subID tracking
    Plans to remove old reporting
    Linksynergy reports are a mess to me
    Athena is still a mess, I'm now unvalidated because I moved
    And this year affiliates are going to have to change out all of their links to the new ones because LS won't support old links like CJ does. And the way things are heading, how they're pushing back the dates, if it's this year, it'll be close to the holidays or will be pushed back to next year.

So overall I'd rather partner up with merchants elsewhere.

*It's also bad for merchants because it's the only major network that won't let the merchants open up elsewhere.
    Last edited by Trust; February 9th, 2006 at 12:43 PM.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    They lost me when they forced long time clients to validate via Athena.

I don't like being treated like shit.

Even the US patriot act bank regs only forced authentication rules on NEW accounts, not existing ones.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Ditty it will be a cold day in Hell before your ever bring yourself to force/lobby one good change upon any network. It's not in your character to be so benevolent. Now go brush up Jimmy Carters next Bush bashing burial speech, while you contemplate the next Gangsta Rappers PR campaign or funeral. You do more drive-bys here then the Adwhore BHO infestation artists.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

No Disrespect Old School but the name is DIDDY.....

Second of all....You don't know me, nor what my intentions are.....You should know much better than to ASSume.....you know what they say about that.....

I love this industry more than you can imagine...so settle down.

I love Bush too.......but not the presidents

Gangsta rap is so 1990....think it died with Eazy E....

And finally......I have always been here...like I said earlier, Abestweb is a wonderful asset to affiliate marketers....just havent had the time to participate....my bad, I have been very occupied working

But I gotta admit and give you credit.....Creative post bro....

Keep it Real like Veal

Diddy

Trusty: As usual, well-put

ABW Ambassador
    Hmmmmm... has anyone ever seen Diddy & Mike in the same room at the same time? It looks like Mike is having an arguement w/ one of his multiple personalities...
    Hi, I'm a signature.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread