Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Maybe it's time to say bye to CJ
    Fininally my account was deactivated.

This is What CJ(Todd) sent to me.

Your account was, and remains, deactivated due to self-inflated transactions. We are seeing multiple transactions all being generated from the same block of IP Addresses

Not sure it's fininal or not.But I decided to remove all CJ's link.

If anybody got the simular transactions. Good luck.

15 years and counting
    It sounds more like CJ is telling you, Bye and not the opposite.
    We can't blame them for monitoring the transactions of their merchants. Something is not clean with your account and your explanations are not clear.
    Do you agree with the self-inflated transactions?

ABW Ambassador
    Zeus

what proof does cj have that it's alvin's own transactions.

I am not sure what they define "self-inflated transactions"
    If it means I did this transactions myself or I asked somebody to did this transactions.
    I do not agree.

If it means some fault transactions came into my account, I agreeed. But in this issue, I don't have any fault.

I did explan to them.But in this issue, what can I proved to them?

Worked with CJ for 9 monthes, I did meet invalid credit card.
    But who didn't if you are affiliate and really made sale?

Invalid credit card that's where
    Last edited by alvin; February 9th, 2006 at 04:16 PM.

Yes, I tracked my web log, these transactions are from same IP and only one click,but it's not from my area, I am very sure.
    If my account have these kind of transactions,so who affiliate don't ever have?Who don't have reversal sales because of invalid Credit card?

I understand merchant afraid these kind of transactions, but we, affiliates do afraid these kind of transactions too.This is online business, I can't control my customers to do anything.I can't stop them.

Only merchant can stop them, they need to verified the Credit card, not me. I am affiliate. I sent customer to merchant, and they fininshed the transactions, not me. I am not cheatting money from merchant.

This is what Todd sent to me.

"When auditing your transactions we noticed several patterns. CJ would record between 10-20 transactions for your account, all occuring one right after the other and all of them were generated from the exact same IP Address. Then the pattern would repeat with another 10-20 transactions... all 10-20 would be from the same IP Address and that IP Address is within the same range as the IP recorded from the first 10-20 transactions.

Unless you have a very good explaination as to why we are seeing this, I'm afraid that your account will have to remain closed and you will not be eligible to re-join Commission Junction."

When I have these transactions came into my account, I did send mail to CJ and told them these are something wrong.

If I "self-inflated transactions", I am not stupid and tell them. CJ, watch me, I am doing this.

This thing come to me, yes,it come to me now.

It doesnt' mean it wouldn't come to everybody.

ABW Ambassador
    my own opinion.

1. they should have told you to close your websites and accounts, BUT at the same time encouraged you to set up another website using privacy reg, and another cj account.

2. they should not create another affiliate relationship between you and the particular merchant.

but i think the real reason why they junked you is because you are junkable anyways. meaning, you do not perform and you will not be missed if you go forever. but i think this is not good. many affiliates take a while to find their niche, so who knows if you end up being a superaffiliate one day.

Yes, you are right, I am junkable anyways now.
    I did affiliate for 9 months, My total commission in CJ account just very small ammount of money.From first month I made several dollars to December last year I made $2000-$3000 commission and drop back to around $1000 last month, it's not all in CJ's account. And I just have some plan to do affiliate, and from last month started my full time. I do believe every affiliate have this stage and need to pass this stage.

I am junkable, and they need to keep their nice merchant, that's the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by alvin
    We are seeing multiple transactions all being generated from the same block of IP Addresses
    Oh, my, I have over 100 domains sending links from the same IP address, many to some of the same merchants. I actually have a dozen IP addresses, but most sites are on just two.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Oh, my, I have over 100 domains sending links from the same IP address, many to some of the same merchants. I actually have a dozen IP addresses, but most sites are on just two.

You are in different case, CJ means the customer's IP, I guessed.
    That customer came to my site and I believe just one time and keep buying something, who knows he really buying or just cheatting.

Merchant ask me why?
    I don't charged their Credit card, How can I knew why?CJ and merchants have more detail info than me I got the info just from CJ account and knew that it's from one click.and I look back my weblog,can't find anything.No click relate to this click, and no IP.

But CJ told me it's from same IP.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    No, I think CJ is talking about the customer IP addresses. For some reason, Alvin's customers all seem to have the same IP addresses.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Another reason could be CJ's report fu** and they need somebody to die for it.
    And tell merchant, see, this guy did it, Nothing relate to CJ.

The men in the black helicopters probably did it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    CJ seems to be able to track precisely time and origin of the clicks.
    "all of them were generated from the exact same IP Address. Then the pattern would repeat with another 10-20 transactions... all 10-20 would be from the same IP Address and that IP Address is within the same range as the IP recorded from the first 10-20 transactions."
    For them, your own IP address is either the same or in the same block. Can be from the same ISP, location, country...
    Your country may be known for fraud...
    For sure somebody was targeting your website.

If you decide to work with CJ again my best advice is to be careful where and how you market your products. Choosing the right product is important too. Some are prone to attract fraudulent transactions. If you build an history of legitimate sales, they will be more careful before closing your account.

I am not the only affiliate relate to Skincare's big sale, I saw one posted said he has Very big sale from Skincare too and almost the same day. So,what that mean?

Maybe he is more important than me.So his account is no problem at all.But mine is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    "all of them were generated from the exact same IP Address. Then the pattern would repeat with another 10-20 transactions... all 10-20 would be from the same IP Address and that IP Address is within the same range as the IP recorded from the first 10-20 transactions."
    For them, your own IP address is either the same or in the same block. Can be from the same ISP, location, country...

If you decide to work with CJ again my best advice is to be careful where and how you market your products. Choosing the right product is important too. Some are prone to attract fraudulent transactions. If you build an history of legitimate sales, they will be more careful before closing your account.

I am in Canada, and I sent my IP to the merchant and tell them they can check it.

And I have some customer's webmail shows IP too.Hopefully it helps.
    I believe CJ knew my IP anyway. CJ didn't tell where those IP from.

But maybe you are right, I just need to try my last time. I should write a better letter.and that's all I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus

I really want to know who can do this? This guy got to be know well about web, and did this before.You are probable right,"For sure somebody was targeting your website".

how can they do this?

Just use invalid credit card or use some other way can do this?Paypal? or
    2checkout?

15 years and counting
    If your host is in Canada and your ISP too, it should not be a problem. There's not much you can do. The best is to market a different product line for different customers. Don't think there's many reversals in affiliate marketing (if you don't sell shoes).

My account was very clean, and there was only few reversal. I believe I did quite well should not have big problem. My products are mostly Cosmetic, and skincare products.

They close my account not that careful.I believe is't because I don't make too much sales.I am not that important and they need to keep the merchant.

Skinstore sent me mail and asked me for some info.They seems very care about this and said worry about it would happened again.I understood what they feel.And I understood they showed their feeling to CJ.

And CJ showed his feeling to me.Then close my account as soon as possible.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin
    My account was very clean, and there was only few reversal. I believe I did quite well should not have big problem. My products are mostly Cosmetic, and skincare products.

They close my account not that careful.I believe is't because I don't make too much sales.I am not that important and they need to keep the merchant.

Skinstore sent me mail and asked me for some info.They seems very care about this and said worry about it would happened again.I understood what they feel.And I understood they showed their feeling to CJ.

And CJ showed his feeling to me.Then close my account as soon as possible.
    Alvin, move on and you'll do great with SAS merchants without all the grief.
    Personally, I would still try to salvage my CJ account, especially since it qppears you are heavily invested in their links and merchants, but start replacing some of the lame ducks with SAS merchants - I'm sure Neil would love to have you promote Plazan! ;-) - and see what happens. You might be very happily surprised.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Alvin, move on and you'll do great with SAS merchants without all the grief.
    Personally, I would still try to salvage my CJ account, especially since it qppears you are heavily invested in their links and merchants, but start replacing some of the lame ducks with SAS merchants - I'm sure Neil would love to have you promote Plazan! ;-) - and see what happens. You might be very happily surprised.
    Rexanne

Thank you!
    You are right!! I should move on and I believe I can do much much better.
    I have everything about affiliate and online business in my mind, and just need to put the paper into real.

I just started and won't stop when I step my first step.

Just like I came to canada with my wife when I was 27, bring $8,000 Cad to here and after 2 years hard working we bought our first Condo and got lots of experence.

I do believe no matter where I go what problems I met.
    I will crack it and success.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    offline local marketing perhaps? other than that, cj should be asking serious questions and taking actions, in my opinion. if it's the same ip, it'd have to be some very localized local marketing...

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    This is kind of scary! Someone could make a ton of transactions (or actions for leads) on your affiliate site just to sabotage you like this.

You were making over $2000 in commissions in a few months? That's more that many in the CJ program!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Unless there is more to the story, it sounds like if someone wants to get you kicked out of CJ and is willing to put their own neck on the line by using a stolen CC number, it isn't very difficult.

ABW Ambassador
    i think i remember somebody having a similar issue with ebay. the cj account was reactivated and everything on it except the ebay portion, and the affiliate's relationship with ebay was terminated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast