J&A International and Fraud
    Here in Australia my wife is trying to do business with J&A International, West Babylon NY, and chasing what seems to be a too-good-to-be-true deal.

I did a google search and got some hits that pointed to this forum (meaning abestweb affiliates.. not this exact forum) and they all said 'Fraud and J&A International' which got me very interested. But I was unable to access any of the links.

'No valid thread' said one page. 'No permission' said another. Like that.

So I'm worried and interested and hoping someone can help me track down some information on this company, one way or the other.

regards,

ab

Lightbulb
    the big (but illegal) deal offered around lately is receiving money for someone off in middle Europe or somewhere. you end up holding the bag.

can you give us a little detail of the offering? it may ring bells here.

It's not that kind of suspicious big deal. It's just a very good price, almost too good to be true. Followed by strange difficulties transmitting a small payment to them... almost as though they are stalling, faking it...

But to say things like might be libellous and are certainly very unfair if there's nothing wrong with them.

But I found in the last few hours that they also trade as Paperline and a company with a very similar name got an enquiry from solicitors as to whether they were affiliated because there was some legal action pending against paperline.

They can't hurt us much, we're just agents. But they can cost us something and they could do much damage to one of our clients if we brokered a deal with them. That's the main worry.

I've registered here and I'm posting here because the Google search gave me a hit that pointed here - but i'm not clear what this forum is really all about. 'Affiliates' ? Affiliated to what, to whom?

You all seem to be in business here which I like. But I'm not at all clear as to what sort of business. It seems web-based, perhaps?

Could our embryonic web-based trading agency gain expertise in methods for overseas payments, contracts, procedures, etc., in this forum?

Or is it completely nothing to do with me and having finalised this query I should leave and never return?

regards,

and thanks,

ab

Hi ab,

To give you an oversimplified answer to your question:

The people on this site are either affiliates or advertisers.

Affiliates are people who promote a merchant's products or offers on the internet for a commission. An example would be someone placing a banner for Amazon.com on their website and Amaon pays them when someone purchases a book via clicking on that banner.

Advertisers/Merhants are the companies who depend on affiliates for additional sales volume.

best, D
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

ABW Ambassador
    Hi,

I don't know anything about the company. The threads you are refering to seem to have been written by one person and nobody else gave any corroboration to the accusations. The company info was given as

J & A International Resources
    609 Route 109
    West Babylon, NY 11704-5000

Additional Business Information
    Tel: (631) 587-3711
    Fax: (631) 587-3732

Perhaps you can contact them through the phone numbers. But I usually figure that if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Ken

>>>Could our embryonic web-based trading agency gain expertise in methods for overseas payments, contracts, procedures, etc., in this forum?<<<

Don't know. But there is a certain synergy here that results from people in different web-based businesses comparing notes on many things.

You're certainly welcome to visit often. You may pick up some pointers on site design or search engine optimization, and there is always the chance you'll have some insight on some of our problems. A caveat: most of us are bonkers.

Cool
    Here's a link to a page of Long Island NY business resources; the BBB is on there who can perhaps tell you if there have been complaints against a company:

http://www.citidexli.com/1552.htm

Good Luck!

Definitely check the BBB (although I can't find anything for the company you meantioned), especially if something sounds too good to be true and the company is located in New York. I know some great people and great companies in New York, but there are also some pretty sleazy businesses as well.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread