Just starting out.
    Hey Guys,

I'm just about to take the giant leap into the Affiliate world. I have a good web background. I own and run a site that makes a good amoutn of money off advertising and has a good member base (very active forum).

I've been reading alot about it all but I'm a little confuse on a few things. For example, when you are first starting yoru affiliate store, you wont' be getting much traffic. DOnt most affiliate programs require a certain amount of traffic to even join up?

Once you are part of an affiliate program, do they provide feeds of the products? To people simply add it to their site automatically? How does it all work.

I plan on making this a content site as well, i.e i'll weave affiliate links among articles and have content on most pages that are mainly a sale page in order to get SE traffic.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Kyle

All of your questions are answered in these pages, and I say that only because there isn't one answer to any of the questions you posed...

I would suggest you read a bunch, and then try to pose some more specific ones if you have them.

For the questions on the traffic requirements on merchants, you may have to look for tose at their affiliate sign up pages. That will vary, but I usually don't run into a problem with it.

Welcome aboard!
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I am also starting an affiliate program and like most people starting out I don't have a lot of capital to start out with. What is the best affiliate network to cut your teeth with. I looked at ShareSales but it cost $350 to set up the acct. I also looked at ClixGalore with no set up fees. Can anyone recommend a good affiliate network for a young company online company?

ABW Ambassador
    Starzan, check this thread out:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=68766

I stay away from any merchants on Clixgalore.

Internet Cowboy
    Starzan, if you are starting an affiliate program and $350 is too large of a barrier, you might want to reconsider starting an affiliate program. It will cost more than this to find affiliates, incentivize them and get your program rolling. Shareasale is the best deal out there in cost and effectiveness for the dollar spent.

Kyle, no minimums required for most programs. Some merchants offer in-house datafeeds for free. Shareasale offers merchant datafeeds for free. Other networks charge a few hundred bucks for datafeed access, but if you are a serious affiliate, it is a small price to pay. Best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Starzan
    Can anyone recommend a good affiliate network for a young company online company?
    Shareasale.

What UncleScooter said is true. Listen to him. Also, talk to Brian, the CEO of SaS. If you're serious about starting this program, I'm sure he'll work with you where you are.

Best of luck starting a great affiliate program, Starzan; and welcome to ABW!

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Starzan, check this thread out:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=68766

I stay away from any merchants on Clixgalore.

Why do you avoid these merchants?

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread