Product Linking Question
    Ok...I realize the answer or answers to this question will be very subjective to your own experience with your customer base, but basically my question is...I am building a site that will have household decorating products using mostly CJ affiliate links, are the links with descriptions and buy now buttons more effective than just a plain photo link? I understand why no prices are shown, as they could change frequently, but will customers be confused as to why there is no price when a description is being given?
    Is the curiosity factor going to make just a photo link more clicked perhaps? At least then I am not expecting a price until moving to the sales page...I myself hate to hit a buy button without a price.
    Guess that is more than one question...any help or input will be greatly appreciated.

Maybe a 'More Information' button rather than a 'Buy'

I haven't used the canned CJ product links in a while... If you have any ability to edit the button (which I don't believe you do), More Info would work, or I've often found Product Website or just Website to be effective. Don't forget to have some link that indicates Buy though. You will have some visitors ready for it
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I was just working on some, and decided to use

Click Here to check pricing and availability.
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ADesertRose
    Ok...I realize the answer or answers to this question will be very subjective to your own experience with your customer base, but basically my question is...I am building a site that will have household decorating products using mostly CJ affiliate links, are the links with descriptions and buy now buttons more effective than just a plain photo link? I understand why no prices are shown, as they could change frequently, but will customers be confused as to why there is no price when a description is being given?
    Is the curiosity factor going to make just a photo link more clicked perhaps? At least then I am not expecting a price until moving to the sales page...I myself hate to hit a buy button without a price.
    DR, I like to build a site the way I would be motivated to "buy" or "click" a product button. If you feel better when you see a price, that says a lot. I don't know about conversion rates with or without a price in the description but personally, I like to see what a price is before clicking also. Especially if the price is gonna be a shocker once I click over to the actual buying page or, alternately, if the price is so great that it would make me want to check out the "deal." Think 'good will' and helping your visitors make a decision to click or not. Saves a lot of anguish over "lots of clicks, no sales," too IMHO.

I would love to see input from someone who has tested both ways.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I haven't tested both ways with a meaningful sample using the price - mine use the 'More Information' button and no price showing - about 20% of my search engine traffic click on through and of that 20% - 4% end up buying something. How does that compare to someone who displays price? - Charles

easy to fill a page with product links from CJ and search-and-replace to change "Buy" to "More Info"

Thanks Herb, I learn something new every day! Didn't realize I could change the wording on the button...DUH...I like the more information wording a lot more.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread