I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    American Red Cross is now diverting WTC disaster donations into their general account. They've got 500 million in the WTC account and reckon that's enough.

Time to take down those American Red Cross banners.

And maybe eBay and CJ will consider cutting short their fundraising auctions (which we get no credit for) now that it is apparent than more than enough money has been donated.

Is that information correct Drewbert? If so I will remove my links to them.

Well, it's been on the news here all day in Calgary.

I'm of two minds with this. 1) I donated money to the people and I want it going there 2) the Red Cross has suddenly been hit with helping people to extremes that they just were never able to forsee. They need admin money to be able to continue helping other people.

They helped me once after a small fire in my house. Put us up for 2 nights (it was the dead of winter) while the furnace was repaired. If ALL of the money went to NY and Washington, there'd be nothing left to help out "the small folks".

Hard to decide what side I'm really on, but I do kind of understand the reasoning behind it.

parentsworld

Yes I see your point there, I will leave it up for a while longer. Thanks for your reply.

BTW. I am moving to Edmonton this New Year (from Vancouver Island) what can I expect the weather to be like? and how long does it take to drive to Calgary from Edmonton?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gordon:
    BTW. I am moving to Edmonton this New Year (from Vancouver Island) what can I expect the weather to be like? and how long does it take to drive to Calgary from Edmonton?[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Edmonton is about three hours away from Calgary. Suprisingly, their weather is much different than ours. We get the Chinooks all winter so it can go from -30 to +20 in a day. Our snow doesn't last. In the summer it's daylight here from 5am to 11pm -- it'll be lighter longer since Edmonton is that much further North.

So...more daylight in the Summer and colder and more snow in the Winter. Housing is cheaper there -- I had considered moving two years ago for that very reason.

I grew up with my Father in the Military so I've lived in every province (except for Saskatchewan) at least once [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Here's the official word from CNN...
    http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/10/30/rec...oss/index.html

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread