Dave Chapelle
    Inside the Actors Studio on Bravo. The first hour is over, but be sure to tune in. It's new, and he is enlightening as always. Try to catch the whole thing when you can...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

A couple of quick notes on this. Not to make Dave out to be a bigger deal than he is, but if you've seen any of his material, you know that he calls 'em like he see's 'em. He made a couple of points, in reference to his current situation that I think apply on a much broader field than he played them:

1.) "The truth is permanent... everything else will fall by the wayside."

2.) He expalined his escape to Africa not so much as "cracking up", but more as of a rejection. He cited the breakdowns of Martin Lawrence and Mariah Carey, as well as lots of others in Hollywood, and commented that we (meaning those not involved) don't know or have a prayer of understanding what really happens in the corporate boardrooms there.

Coupled with reading Mike and Charlie's posting of the Elliot Spitzer transcript and other material (such as this ), I think a lot of Dave's comments spoke to the same issues we face in this industry.

If Dave Chapelle can walk away from $50,000,000 just to be able to say "I'm right, you're wrong", I think we all can walk away from publishers that support parasites. It won't cost us nearly that much.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    If Dave Chapelle can walk away from $50,000,000 just to be able to say "I'm right, you're wrong", I think we all can walk away from publishers that support parasites. It won't cost us nearly that much.

Amen!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

... but they don't, and haven't over the years, so it's just horsehockey.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    ... but they don't, and haven't over the years, so it's just horsehockey.
    WHO dont and haven't ... the FTC or stars who flip corporate Hollywood off?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    WHO dont and haven't ... the FTC or stars who flip corporate Hollywood off?
    I think that Haiko was referring to all the publishers that are still supporting the parasites in one way or another.

Sal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    I think that Haiko was referring to all the publishers that are still supporting the parasites in one way or another.

Sal.
    Aha ... thanks for translating Mr Sal.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I thought he went crazy and claimed he found religion and thats why he turned down the 50,000,000

That's the popular opinion Mike. Turns out a lot of that was just crap. Like Newsweek suggesting he was a crack head. It was a very interesting interview.

You're right Haiko. It's a shame though.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

I'm just glad to hear Dave's side of the situation. I was 1st introduce to the Dave Chappelle show last season (I own the whole collection now),it was the "Wayne Brady" skit that had me rolling on the ground laughing my my A?? off, I was hooked. Just thinking about it, puts a smile on my face. I'm looking forward to "Block Party"

What he did was self-respecting and I don't blame him one minute. Corporate Hollywood is about as stupid and greedy as it gets. I've turned down job offers from major studios because of their ethics. Time Warner told me "this job must be your #1 passion." LMAO - I actually laughed in the guy's face. Thought he was kidding. I had a 7 month old baby and a husband at home. THEY were my #1 and #2 passions, my j*b would have come third. I walked away. Told them to shove their BS. God it felt good. :-) I have never regretted it either. I would have been miserable and no amount of money or "prestige" is worth it to me. The stars and others who bend over for Hollywood corporate (or ANY "corporate" or evil greedy BS) pay dearly. I salute Dave Chapelle!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Chapelle was particularly put out to the Newsweek allusions that he had crack problems, which (according to him), he didn't. That's the same folks that incited fatal riots with their Koran abuse article, which they had to retract (although it was entually shown to be BASED on truth).

I'm increasingly disappointed with the media everyday. They should leave the salesmanship to us. We manage to make a living telling the truth. I would hope they could to.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Chapelle was particularly put out to the Newsweek allusions that he had crack problems, which (according to him), he didn't. That's the same folks that incited fatal riots with their Koran abuse article, which they had to retract (although it was entually shown to be BASED on truth).

I'm increasingly disappointed with the media everyday. They should leave the salesmanship to us. We manage to make a living telling the truth. I would hope they could to.
    It's all about getting "butts in the chairs." That's their main priority because they're selling ad space at a premium and have to make their advertisers happy enough to continue charging outrageous fees. Greed is an ugly thing ...
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Oh exactly, Rexanne. I know increasing competition in media outlets has worsened the scenario. I just think that a line has to be drawn. It seems on this planet we have 2 news options:

Government censored news in some countries.

Made up news mixed with some facts in others.

I don't have an answer for the problem, unfortunately. I just know there is one...

Edit: Both of these news philosophies go back a long way. I'm not suggesting we have a "new" problem. We just have a Worse Problem.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Oh exactly, Rexanne. I know increasing competition in media outlets has worsened the scenario. I just think that a line has to be drawn. It seems on this planet we have 2 news options:

Government censored news in some countries.

Made up news mixed with some facts in others.

I don't have an answer for the problem, unfortunately. I just know there is one...

Edit: Both of these news philosophies go back a long way. I'm not suggesting we have a "new" problem. We just have a Worse Problem.
    I don't watch, read or listen to the news and I don't trust anything the media puts forth unless I investigate it myself. It's very sad.

Maybe I'll start a poll on which "deadly sin" is the worst. LOL - I'd pick greed over all others. It's positively evil.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Regarding the Dave Chappelle rumors in the media, we can't fully blame the media, alone. Dave had alot of employees and co-stars who no longer had jobs and I'm sure some wasn't too thrilled about Dave's decision to walk away (which I am impressed that he did regarding the circumstances), I'm sure they fueled alot of those Rumor's flames. Some sources were anonymous sources claiming to be apart of Dave's camp (entourage).

Now, the part I do blame on the media is lazy reporting, not digging deeper into a story to report as much proven accurate facts to support the stories. For example, I don't think a single reporter flew to Africa to find the Drug treatment clinic that Dave alledgedly check himself into.

Vaild point also. And it is lazy. How positive a spin could Charle Murphy etc have put on it? It should have been obvious that those opinions were just that. And vindictave ones at that, possibly.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread