http and a telephoto
    blizzard?
    Everyone OK? Vinny, Haiko, Karl come to mind first....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

There's blankets of snow outside -- I haven't left my pad
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Over two feet of snow in Central Park! Sounds like a blast to the kid in me. I remember getting a 16" snowfall (in Springfield, MO) when I was 10. (We normally didn't get snows over 3-6" deep.) We had drifts several feet deep and we dug out forts in them.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Geeeze, you poor people are living in the freaking ice age! BLIZZARD?! WTF is that?!
    Hope you'll all OK and have enough supplies to avoid having to drive around in that mess.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    A blizzard is a snowstorm with high winds. The wind causes the snow to drift which makes certain activities, like driving, very dangerous.

Two feet of snow is no biggie for New England. It's just not that unusual. Two feet of snow in Manhattan is probably a real pain in the butt. Two feet of snow south of the Maxon-Dixon Line is impressive.

Now this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_of_1978 was a blizzard. Four plus feet of snow! The Governor of Connecticut closed the state down for three days. Only emergency and medical personnel were allowed to be on the roadways.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    A blizzard is a snowstorm with high winds. The wind causes the snow to drift which makes certain activities, like driving, very dangerous.

Two feet of snow is no biggie for New England. It's just not that unusual. Two feet of snow in Manhattan is probably a real pain in the butt. Two feet of snow south of the Maxon-Dixon Line is impressive.

Now this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_of_1978 was a blizzard. Four plus feet of snow! The Governor of Connecticut closed the state down for three days. Only emergency and medical personnel were allowed to be on the roadways.
    Oh my lord ... I'm getting chills reading that acount of the 78 blizzard. Yikes!

I knew what a blizzard was, it's just so unimaginable to us So Cal spoiled babies. It was near 80 here today in Los Angeles. I know you don't want to hear it but we'll be crying when the earth decides to bounce us around and you'll all be feeling pretty lucky to live through blizzards.

Sending you all warm, good vibes!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Y'all crashed wikipedia
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Reminds me of when I was 5. 1977. I think Buffalo got over 3 feet in 3 hours, and a total of 5 feet in 2 days. My parents have pictures, but I don't have any to share. We of course called it the Blizzard of 77, but I guess it's so commonplace in Buffalo that noone has recorded it in Wikipedia

BUT, it's a far different story when it happens in NYC and other major metros. Stay safe, those affected...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Hope you guys up there are ok, as long as you have power, all is good inside the "hut" I suppose.... again, one of the perks of having an online home buss ..

The only snow we ever saw here in Miami was in the 80's, the "snow cowboys", hate to say this but give me rain and water, after it ends it's gone.

Stay warm up there, live from a "coooldddd south florida" at 42 degrees..
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

The blizzard that hit the Buffalo area in 1977 is referenced in Wiki, Noth.

Here's an index page for "blizzard." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard

Scroll down and there are links to pages for all the big blizzards to hit the US, including Buffalo's mind-boggling storm in 1977. That one sounds like no fun at all.

Token "Canadian" Cool Guy Ryan@MB's Avatar
    I used to live in Goose Bay, Labrador (Labrador is on the east coast of Canada but way north) and I remember one morning waking up and our front door was completely snowed in. We got three feet of snow in one day and that is not including the drifting that happened. The best part of the whole thing was schools were closed for a week.
    Ryan MacWha
    Merchant Manager
    [b]We’ll help you build your affiliate program[/b]
    [b][URL="http://www.maxbounty.com"]MaxBounty 2.0[/URL][/b]

Affiliate Manager
    Finally a good snowstorm in NYC...The mild winter was killing me. I love the snow it gives me a chance to get out and be a kid again. Yesterday was great did some snowshoeing in prospect park. Might break out the cross country skis later.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGEC
    Finally a good snowstorm in NYC...The mild winter was killing me. I love the snow it gives me a chance to get out and be a kid again. Yesterday was great did some snowshoeing in prospect park. Might break out the cross country skis later.
    Good to hear someone's enjoying it. :-)

Hope everyone is safe, warm and hunkered down wiht plenty of food and supplies.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Here's a great quote from a 9-year-old in an AP story on Yahoo:

We're hoping for 365 days off from school," said 9-year-old Reagan Manz, playing in Central Park with friends. "We could go sledding the whole time and not get bored."
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    I love SNOW
    That nor-easter was pretty damn impressive..

However I can't resist sharing some of my snow experiences since living in the Wastach Mountains of Utah..

(Note.. these totals come from Alta, UT.. which is a town in Little Cottonwood Canyon at around 8500' above sea level..the town is at the dead end of a road (210) that starts down in the Salt Lake Valley).

Since 1997, the year I moved to Utah, I have seen with following with regard to snowfall.:

• 675 inches of snowfall in one winter
    • 100 inches of snow in 100 hours
    • 40 inches of snow in 24 hours
    • Been locked in a building by order of the Town Marshall for nearly 40 hrs (this is called 'Interlodge' and when it's called people are literally locked down because the Avalanche danger is too bad around town)
    • My car completely buried/drifted with nothing but antenna sticking out
    • Seen a lodge hit by an Avalanche
    • Been in a lodge hit by an Avalanche
    • Seen a Suburban upside down on top of another Suburban (Avalanche)
    • Snowfall at a rate of 6 inches per hour

All that said, coming from the East orginally I understand the magnitude of NYC getting two feet of snow! I am glad for you guys

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    We used to get TONS of snow in Northern Lower MI when I was a kid.

I remember one time when I was about 8 or so that we received so much snow in one storm that once the path from the front door of the house out to the driveway as shoveled the height of the snow on each side of the path was taller than I was! After that same storm my brothers were doing back flips off the roof of the house into the snow below and sledding off the roof! *LOL* I dug tunnels around the whole yard under the snow. It was pretty cool!

So far this winter, the most we have received in one batch is about 17 inches... that was last weekend. We have a new blizzard moving into our area on Thursday of this week, so I guess it is wait and see what we get on that one.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

I remember a blizzard like that when I was a kid, Michelle. We lived in an area known as "the ridges." Our house was on top of a cliff. When the storm got serious Mom came to pick us all up at school. She tried to make it home but the station wagon couldn't make it up the last hill, so she turned back and we stayed at our grandparents' house which was closer to town.

The next morning we three kids looked out the windows on the second floor of Grandma's house and discovered that the snow had drifted on one side all the way to the second story window! We had the window open and were about to jump out when Grandma walked in, figured out what we were up to, and started screaming bloody murder. I suppose we could have fallen into the snow bank and smothered, but we were too excited to think straight at the time.

I love being snowed in. There's always plenty of food in the house and we have a wood stove for heating and cooking so it's not a hardship for us.

Interesting: The article on Wiki about Buffalo. Amazing how memory is different from fact, often... Of course, I was only 5
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread