Locked/Extended - Odd Payment Question
    Hi, all!

I have a question that I hope someone here has run into in the past. From what I understand, on the 10th of every month unless a company specifically extends a particular sale the status is converted to “locked”. Somewhere around the 17th-20th they run the batch for payments to be generated to publishers.

There is a company that I did a lot of business with last month. All my leads are in the "extended" status. I have been in contact with the affiliate manager at the company. They have a technical problem in the way they are reporting leads to CJ and he is working with the CJ tech support to get it fixed so that all of the publishers will get paid. They expect to have the transactions corrected and in the "locked" status early this coming week which I estimate will be either the 13-14th.

Ok, so here is my question... if the status gets changed before the 17th or whatever day CJ runs their payment batch, will I get paid for those transactions this month or is the 10th a cut off date? Has anyone run into something odd like this before?

Any info is appreciated…

Kimberly

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by valenkim
    Hi, all!

I have a question that I hope someone here has run into in the past. From what I understand, on the 10th of every month unless a company specifically extends a particular sale the status is converted to “locked”. Somewhere around the 17th-20th they run the batch for payments to be generated to publishers.

There is a company that I did a lot of business with last month. All my leads are in the "extended" status. I have been in contact with the affiliate manager at the company. They have a technical problem in the way they are reporting leads to CJ and he is working with the CJ tech support to get it fixed so that all of the publishers will get paid. They expect to have the transactions corrected and in the "locked" status early this coming week which I estimate will be either the 13-14th.

Ok, so here is my question... if the status gets changed before the 17th or whatever day CJ runs their payment batch, will I get paid for those transactions this month or is the 10th a cut off date? Has anyone run into something odd like this before?

Any info is appreciated…

Kimberly
    HI Kimberly,

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think you'll get paid for those transactions until they clear the "extended" period, which can be 30 to 45 days.

I have about 5 merchants that routinely extend all commissions. They have the option to do this for up to 45 days and some take advantage of the time to see if sales stick or just because they can.

Hopefully, someone else might be able to answer your question with better clarity.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Thanks for the reply. I have had merchants who use the "extended" status but his is a special case...

This particular merchant is new to CJ and the aff manager at the merchant's office told me that they are having tech problems. They want the transactions to be "locked" and paid out this month. They are working with the tech team at CJ to get it corrected before payments go out.

If they can get it fixed and updated to "locked" before the 17th will I get paid this month?

Thanks,

Kimberly

I would think so, but I'm not positive.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

But, even if commissions are locked...
    But, even if commissions are locked... the merchant must have the money in his/her CJ account before it will be paid. If the money from the merchant is not there, it will stay locked.
    The best things in life are not things at all...

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread