Question Seeking- New Aff. Program advice
    Hi guys, I've been a member of ABW reading and posting occasionally since late 2002. I have dabbled in affiliate marketing a bit (from the affiliate side), but my main business is web hosting. An affiliate program for Dinohost has always been in my future plans, and now it's finally time to realize it. My question to you guys is:

a. Go with in-house program such as IDevAffiliate?

b. Join a network such as SAS?

I plan to market the program here at ABW because I have the utmost respect for this community, and I admire all the work you guys put in to make a living out of Affiliate Marketing. Since my program would would be catering to you guys, I would like to get your feedback and start off on the right foot.

Thank You,

Rafael

Outsourced Program Manager

Nice informative post about SAS. Any thoughts on in-house programs? Do affiliates have a problem with payment via PayPal (IDevAffiliate is tailored for PayPal)? or would you rather get consolidated payments from SAS?

I'm leaning toward SAS, just trying to stir up some more discussion and opinions for both sides.

EasyClickTravel I appreciate your input, but replies with links to other threads is not exactly what I was hoping for. Hopefully some affiliates will post their thoughts.

I've been a member of ABW reading and posting occasionally since late 2002
    but replies with links to other threads is not exactly what I was hoping for. Hopefully some affiliates will post their thoughts.
    Rafael,

No seas tan vago.

You had 4 años to learn about ABW, yo seré un burro, but don't try to take my title.

All the info you are asking for, are here, you just have to search for it.

I wasted two years before I decided to learn about PHP for datafeeds, and all info that I need to get started was here, so use the search box here on ABW and, no pierdas mas tiempo, aquí encontraras respuestas a muchas preguntas that you may not even be thinking about how to ask for.

You have a good price for web hosting, but you must figure it out how much are you going to pay your future affiliates.

Check the other web hosting programs on CJ and SAS, compare how they work, how much they pay, how many complains they have from their affiliates, and then, you may get some ideas on what road to take, in order to make your program a good money making program for you and your future affiliates.

Sal.

Quote Originally Posted by felit0
    EasyClickTravel I appreciate your input, but replies with links to other threads is not exactly what I was hoping for. Hopefully some affiliates will post their thoughts.

Hey felit0,

What you're asking has already been covered here many, many times. If you're looking for replies, ask something a little more different.

Anyways, my replies actually bumped your thread, so I was doing you a favor .

Good luck with your program!

Quote Originally Posted by EasyClickTravel
    Hey felit0,

What you're asking has already been covered here many, many times. If you're looking for replies, ask something a little more different.

Anyways, my replies actually bumped your thread, so I was doing you a favor .

Good luck with your program!
    I'm glad you took the time to read my post and bumped the thread, this is why I opened my reply with "EasyClickTravel I appreciate your input"

Sal,

I have done most of the research, I know how much I plan to offer affiliates per sign-up and have narrowed my decision to 2 management programs (how else would I have mentioned Share-A-Sale as the network choice?). I was just trying to get some feedback from you guys, maybe I should have re-phrased the question a bit.

And yes there's a "vago" in all of us I've been so busy managing customers and servers that I've put off the affiliate program for too long Gracias por tu respuesta, I will announce my program here soon and hope it will be a successful one!

Hi Raf,
    Going in-house vs network is a strategic question and depends on how much you want to outsource to a network. You should also take a look at some of the other 10,000 hosting companies and how they set up their affiliate plans.

A third option is custom. I am an affiliate for one hosting company and they appear to have their own custom system, using promo codes which affiliates can create for themselves and offer a discount to new customers. The discount comes out of the referral commission.

You might want to survey some of your customers who could become affiliates for you. See what they think.

Also think of what features you want re reporting, tiers, payout, etc.

Regards,
    Peter
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread