Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Do you own a handgun?
    My wife just got me one of my birthday presents this weekend at the gun show. I had been talking about a Glock I wanted for a while for CCW.

The gun show rolled into town this weekend and we both went. She loves shooting as well. After checking out the many Glocks, I decided on a G19, 9mm 15 rounds

We already own a 357 mag and a Mossberg 500 pump for home defense but neither are good choices for CCW

Im so excited with the new G19, I pick it up next monday, it's soooo light...

Any Glock owners here?
    What firearm do you own if any?
    Last edited by Andy Rodriguez; February 13th, 2006 at 09:39 AM.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

You had a birthday over this weekend?!

Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy
    You had a birthday over this weekend?!
    Advanced B-day gift, B-day is Feb 23 ....

Couldn't pass up the price though on the Glock...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    Advanced B-day gift, B-day is Feb 23 ....
    WOW! You wouldn't believe how appropriate the gift is for a date like 23 February, Andy!! I don't suppose you know, but 23 February is a national Russian holiday. It is the Day of Army or "Protector of Motherland Day" as Russians call it! It also an un-official Men's Day in Russia... Anyway. Sounds like you got a PERFECT gift for the occasion.

...and I don't have any fire arms.... yet...

Geno

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Right after college, I was studying for law school and took a civil service exam to practice for the LSAT. I did well and found myself a cop soon after..yikes! I carried a handgun on and off duty for 2.5 years..however; when I resigned for grad school, dead shows and ski bum life I left the handgun behind.. and I must admit I don't miss it one bit..

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Nope, don't own any firearms yet...but I do own GunShows.tv , . I really need to figure out what to do with that one. I've always wanted a gun, maybe someday! I do have a bevy of Knives, though. ( Uhhhh.... I also own KnifeShows.tv , lol )
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek
    Nope, don't own any firearms yet
    I've been a gun owner since 1985, bought my first 38 special when I was almost robbed of my video cameras at a wedding. I used to have a video and photography buss back in the day, shot weddings and social events for a living. Equipment was expensive back then and bought the gun for the office and when i was on the road with the equipment.

Since then, have the Mossberg, Walther PPK (beautiful gun - 007 piece), Smith & Wesson 357 and still have my original 38 but it's a little rusted by now.

The Glock will be my main home defense gun now, can't wait till I pick it up and go to the range.

I've been a gun owner since 1985
    I bought my first shotgun in 1962 and had my Mother in tears. I had a pistol back in the early 70's but am too hot blooded for that. We used to like going to the dump and shooting rats.

Being a father of two kids I've come to the conclusion that kids and guns don't mix, so NO.

I've been a gun owner since 1985, bought my first 38 special when I was almost robbed of my video cameras at a wedding.
    Would a gun have helped in this case, I don't know what the gun carrying laws are in your state, but I don't think the bride and groom would be happy to see a gun packing cameraman videoing their wedding!!!

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Hunting guns are a way of life where I am. Not many would be without a 30-30, a shotgun, and a 22 rimfire rifle. I keep them locked up however. I haven't touched most of these guns for a while since bow hunting has been my thing in the last few years. Not much need for self-protection small arms here (Thankfully).

Note to criminals: Don't go calling on Andy!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    Note to criminals: Don't go calling on Andy!
    Man, I feel for the parasites.

I only use a Co2 powered bb pistol myself - not too scary.

I don't know much about guns, myself, but my husband is a dealer of antique firearms and relics, and has quite a collection. He does a lot of deer and turkey hunting on our farm, so he has a large collection of rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJay
    Being a father of two kids I've come to the conclusion that kids and guns don't mix, so NO.
    Very true...

However, my son which is now 20 years old has respect and knows all about guns and what they can do. At 12 he had his first BB gun, at 14 he was shotting with me at the range. Against his mom back then, i was of the opinion that guns are a way of life, especially in a large city like Miami where everyoen has one...

My concern was that i'd rather teach him respect for what a gun can do, that it can take a life and teach him how to use one, disarm an automatic and know overall what to do around a gun. The last thing i wanted was him to be at any friends house, be in a situation where a gun was present and have him be afraid or worse, not know the damage it can do.

He does not own a gun, but is very knowledgable about them and what to do and not do when one is present around him.

I do agree thought, small children and guns don't mix at a certain age....

I have never felt the urge to own a gun.
    we dont need them for defense, as our crime rate
    is very low here.
    Though this is an interesting thread,
    i never thought guns would be seen as something good to own ??.
    I wonder if there are any woman gun owners on the forum ??
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

The way I see it, you can be as careful as possible with a handgun but tradegy can still happen, look at the recent Entwistle double murder case in Massachusetts, where the guy gets hold of his father in laws .22-caliber handgun and shots his wife and daughter. I fully understand this is a rare case, but if it happens to you, does it matter how rare it is!!!

Would a gun have helped in this case, I don't know what the gun carrying laws are in your state, but I don't think the bride and groom would be happy to see a gun packing cameraman videoing their wedding!!!
    Hehe, agreed....I used to carry it in my camera case back then.

Florida issues CCW permits (Carrying Concealed Weapons). There was a report not that long ago in the paper, a very large % of Floridians carry guns and have CCW permits...

Florida also signed a new law into effect that extends the old "castle law" and the ability for any person to protect their space, home, car etc and take action first without having to retreat....

Here is a site you can use to check gun laws in diff states: http://www.packing.org/

Cool
    Ditto. We always ask parents if they have handguns in their house before allowing our kids to go over for a play date.

Florida also signed a new law into effect that extends the old "castle law"
    LOL, most of the Floridians were probably alive when that law was first introduced!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    I wonder if there are any woman gun owners on the forum ??
    Ahem...a bb pistol is still a gun.

Our kids are grown now (youngest is 20), but the guns were always kept away from them when they were small. 2 daughters have never shown an interest in guns, the third one, however loves to deer hunt and is now teaching her daughter how. My son is in military service now, so had better know how to handle guns. He's been taught well by his dad.

We have a shooting range on our property, so I join in for target practice occasionally, but I'm not really into it enough to know anything other than how to point and shoot. I don't know about the brand names or specs of the guns. My husband does the guns and I do the affiliate marketing.

I've never been able to shoot another living thing except for snakes. I don't mind shooting a snake at all!!!

Most of my husband's guns are kept locked securely in a vault, but we do keep a gun in our house. We don't have much crime in our area, either, but it just happened that last year 2 people were killed on the farm that borders ours. The house was being robbed and 2 hired hands walked in on the robber and were shot. So - you never know. I know where the gun is and how to use it if I ever need it.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyburbs
    Ditto. We always ask parents if they have handguns in their house before allowing our kids to go over for a play date.
    Excellent idea, never though of asking that but it's an excellent question...i also have a 5 and 6 year old and they are going to parties all the time with their school friends...

BTW, our guns are stowed, away and have trigger locks on them except for the 357 which is kept loaded in a non disclosed location not accesible to the kids ...

Exception was during the week we had without power due to the storm that it was kept on my waist in the evening and bedside at night ...

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Remember... guns don't shoot people, vice presidents do!

We have many guns and my husband is always on the lookout for more.

Here is the current list:

2 - 50 cal. Black Powder
    2- J C Higgins .22 rifles
    Remington .22 rifle
    Marlin 22 Magnum bolt
    NEF .223 rifle
    Winchester 12 gauge
    Stevens 12 gauge
    Lafever 16 gauge doublebarrel
    20 gauge
    British .303 Jungle Carbine (WWII)

A pic of what fits in the gun cabinet... (no, I am not so in love with them that I take pics, that would be my husband so he can post them on the hunting boards... *LOL*)

~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Very true...

My concern was that i'd rather teach him respect for what a gun can do, that it can take a life and teach him how to use one, disarm an automatic and know overall what to do around a gun. The last thing i wanted was him to be at any friends house, be in a situation where a gun was present and have him be afraid or worse, not know the damage it can do.

He does not own a gun, but is very knowledgable about them and what to do and not do when one is present around him.

I do agree thought, small children and guns don't mix at a certain age....

Here - Here, Andy.

I got my firearms safety certificate at 14. Like Cheesehead said, It's a way of life up here. Family Tradition even. Yet the bow hunting is more fun. Firearms are for defense against nature, recreation and a way to hunt. The use of them for defense from humans is limited and presents it's own danger.

But I'm saving up for a SW .40 cal autoloader anyway (Power, high capacity with accuracy)

Proud owner of a Browning Citori over and under. Now that's a shotgun.
    Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I coulda used a gun last year when I got jumped by a wild rottweiler in my back yard. Thought that thing was gonna eat me. It ended up dead a day or two later, a car ran over it a couple miles away on a country road.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast