Hi,
    does anyone know of a free domain host ( one who will host www.yourname.com for free )
    I need a domain host who does not place LOTS of ads on my pages .. I'd prefer a host that will place popups on my page insted of banners on top of the page.

Thanks.

H-E-L-P !!!

You could try http://www.webprovider.com
    I believe they're still free and you have the choice of banners or pop-ups.
    Not very realiable but then again I haven't used them for 3 years and it's free so you can't complain [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    www.bizhosting.com

They do have a banner ad on top but are reliable and will host your domain name for free.

If you don't need CGI access, check out Doteasy. I have had 2 www.yourname.com sites hosted there for about a year now. No ads, no pop ups, nothing. It's completely free and I have had almost 0 down time.

I keep waiting for the catch but there doesn't seem to be one.

ABW Ambassador
    I think this might be the "catch" ....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Clients with existing domains are subject to a $35 transfer domain fee <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    and
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Our service is made possible by sponsors who place ads in our daily newsletter which Doteasy members agree to receive. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I wouldn't mind the newsletters - but not if I have to pay too.

I can get a new domain and a year of hosting elsewhere for $22, so this really isn't that great of a deal. Why is there always a catch....darn it - it looked so good at first glance! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: MsMarySunshine ]

LOL <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Why is there always a catch....darn it - it looked so good at first glance!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear you loud and clear but they are playing the same game we are. Trying to make a dollar and keep the server humming.

I used to use this one quite a while back, take a look. its free with your CGI bin but the bandwidth might be a problem, I think it is 100mb per month. It is good for testing a site or just plain playing about.

Portland.co.uk

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread