Terminated
    Remember my post that a merchant was demanding my full name, phone number and mailing address in addition to website & email supposedly in an effort to combat fraud and commission theft? Well I had sent them my website and email info and inquired as to why they needed my postal and phone & how that would combat theft of commissions. They never responded to my query and today cj sent me an email saying the merchant has terminated from their program. Merchant never had the decency to contact me direct. Very unprofessional. The termination doesn't bother me, I consider it their loss.

ABW Ambassador
    they're probably leaving cj anyway, they just want to bring their affiliates to their next program. they can also sell the info, who knows?

Brace yourself. The spam is coming.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by waytogo
    they're probably leaving cj anyway, they just want to bring their affiliates to their next program. they can also sell the info, who knows?
    I doubt this. There's been boat loads of merchants switching networks. I've never had problems finding their new program. The selling info is probably the best bet about what is happening.

There are a couple merchants who want to try a wolf pack approach to affiliate marketing, where the coordinate actions between affiliates. Such plays need a better means of communication than email so they can do the butt sniffing and howling needed to make a wolf pack.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    ... "Such plays need a better means of communication than email so they can do the butt sniffing and howling needed to make a wolf pack." Now that's some verbal imaging explaining how the AM's love to herd the best tricksters into a cookie cannon force.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread