LinkShare sucks - no responses to e-mails
    I got my first (ever!) response from a LinkShare rep to an e-mail we sent -- only took 9 days and didn't even answer my question. But I guess that's better than usual, because normally they don't respond at all.

Is there anyway to deal with this company and actually get issues resolved? We do a lot of volume with other networks but LinkShare can't even process a simple address change within a month!

I'm just so mad at the moment and I know it's going to take another 1-2 weeks for them to NOT respond to my latest response. This has been going on for months...

Does anyone have a more senior contact there?

Thanks,

Alex

Wonder if it is okay for me to post the email address for the US Ratuken VP here? What I think needs to happen is for him to start getting a swarm of emails from affiliates and managers about the shotty email support system in place that has been complained about here for years on end.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

You should definitely post it. It's in his best interest, too, because something as trivial as customer support can translate into affiliate and merchants jumping ship...and Rakuten's 9 figure investment shrinking rather quickly.

Everything about LinkShare is awful (from my experiences with them), to the point where I don't comprehend why any merchant would go with LinkShare. And, it's more expensive too (for the merchant)!

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Wonder if it is okay for me to post the email address for the US Ratuken VP here? What I think needs to happen is for him to start getting a swarm of emails from affiliates and managers about the shotty email support system in place that has been complained about here for years on end.

Oddly enough, it was Mr. Messer himself who sent me the email address just last week.

Let me see if I can find it...
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Found the email from Mr. Messer....

For any LinkShare related inquiries, please feel free to contact John Kim, CEO of Rakuten USA at john.kim [at]rakutenusa.com.
    Well, folks, that is an email from Mr. Messer himself. Sounds like he was encouraging us to contact Mr. Kim. I would suggest we do so.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; February 17th, 2006 at 01:55 PM. Reason: email addy
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    rampguy - Everything about LinkShare is awful (from my experiences with them), to the point where I don't comprehend why any merchant would go with LinkShare. And, it's more expensive too (for the merchant)!
    Many unscrupulous merchants have a genuine interest to work with LinkShare.
    Just have a look at shopathome.com, they're a merchant with a LinkShare affiliate program
    "Generate just 10 or more orders in October and you could be one of TWO WINNERS in a drawing for a $100 CASH BONUS! ShopAtHome has the best collection of catalogs and magazines to help update fall wardrobes, redecorate for the holidays, organize summer stashes and prepare for winter months. NOW is the time to promote our extensive collection of FREE catalogs and magazines and CASH IN on this business! "

So, you promote this merchant and to reward you they launch their Golden Retriever to steal ALL your commissions. Yes, they are an affiliate too and they steal your commissions.

For me, it's not expensive, it's dirt cheap to work with a crooked company like LinkShare.

Exclamation
    time is long overdue for a housecleaning at LinkShare

I always liked Linkshare's individual product generating capability. Linkshare has a system of making individual (i.e. with a nice picture) links that is second to none as far as I am concerned

That's the good part about Linkshare -- that and the recent consolidated payments.

Linkshare's support, on the other hand has been a joke -- it's really disappointing

CJ gives better support although there is room for improvement.

This Signature thing is really confusing

Why doesn't Linkshare hire a team of programmers to re-vamp the link coding so it would be automatic for the affiliates?
    I never really liked the fact that I have to go manually through LS links to insert target="new" after the subsid="0" link -- at least I don't have to go through that manual with CJ.

As for affiliates vs. parasites etc. it seems as if those worries are becoming one big blob that is oozing over every affiliate activity and where can affiliates be safe?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Well, I wrote Mr. Kim with no response either...

Does anyone else have any contacts? I met some people from LinkShare at AffiliateSummit but seem to have lost their contact information.

Oh wait, what's this? I just found a card in my wallet

Adam Weiss
    Senior Manager
    Distribution Services
    aweiss AT linkshare.com (might as well save him from spam)
    TEL: 646-654-6000 x711

Good luck...

I am new to being a Affiliate and it looks like I picked the wrong company to get involved with. Who would be concidered a better if not the best Affiliate company to deal with if LinkShare is not it?

The network doesn't matter anywhere near as much as the merchant does. All networks have their fans and their detractors.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by rampguy
    Well, I wrote Mr. Kim with no response either...

Also, try to go through the Affiliate Manager who you have the best relationship with there. They have dedicated reps who can probably get you an answer quicker.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Lets play a game boys and girls.....being so serious.

I will put up $100 dollars....f that.....$300 for this experience.

Lets pick a president of a major company, same sorta thing....lets say....Pepsi, maybe coke, maybe even Leona Helmsley....maybe Paris Hiltons father....and try the same excercise as here.....

Well I want you to change the sheet covers at the NY Hilton to Fuschia or the soap to a different brand.....maybe you like Bliss......You choose the challenge......I am in, whatever it is.....

Lets look at being part of the solution rather than the problem, here is a Fresh Solutions idea for ya...

If there is a problem, pick up the phone, call them, they will help you......here is the numeros.....1 888 Share 89.......Hit Zero.....Say I am having this problem and they will put you to the proper people....at least you'll get answers......

Try it.....you may like.

Diddy

John Kim finally forwarded my response to somebody and I got another customer service representative who has not been so helpful. Apparently it really does take months to change your address and set up direct deposit.

In any event, just wanted to follow up to let people know how this turned out...

Also, in response to M_Diddy's comment, I respectfully disagree. This really deserves the attention of the higher ups because the company isn't doing its job. This isn't a frivolous request---the company doesn't respond to any form of communication, which means they're not doing their job. That's the complaint.

Alex

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread