Walmart Datafeed Changes
    I just received an email about the new split Walmart datafeed. This is great as I really only need a small chunk of it anyway. But the problem is that there was no contact information given in the newsletter describing this change. I'd love to talk to somebody about this feed and provide my input.

I downloaded the feed several times in the past and it was quite large, but I was still able to extract the information I need. After looking over it I found a few problems. Most notably the out of stock products. There were way too many to make the feed useful. I emailed the Walmart affiliate support several times concerning this and never received a response. I voiced my opinion in the survey Walmart recently conducted and still no response.

So now I've got this email telling me about a new set of datafeeds from Walmart, but guess what.. The out of stock products *have not been fixed*. I just checked about 10 different products and at least 5 of them were out of stock. This is terrible and really makes the feed useless. So I'd just like to communicate this with somebody and see if we can make this feed usable. I see that some action is being taken to make it more manageable, but it's not quite up to par yet.

Who do I talk to about this and has anybody ever got a person to respond from the Walmart affiliate program?

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

They talked about this (datafeeds split by category and other criteria) at the LinkShare Summit. It sounds like one of the better changes LinkShare has in the works. Walmart will be first. Others will be added once it's "out of beta". People will still be able to grab the full datafeed if that's what they need. Others will be able to get segments of the datafeed.

It sounds like the out of stock issue is a Walmart issue. I have a contact there that I made at the LinkShare Summit. I'll PM you his contact information.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thank you Michael,

I was able to get in touch with one of the AM's on the program and she confirmed that the problem is with Walmart. They're trying to get Walmart to make some changes on their end and hopefully this can be resolved shortly. She also referred their Walmart contact to this thread, so hopefully they can realize the urgency of the matter.

- Scott

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Scott,

Thanks for the feedback on our datafeed. We think we've figured out what's causing all of the out-of-stock items to stay in the feed and are working on cleaning it out. I hope to have it all sorted out by the end of next week and will post any updates I have to this thread.

Once the data's good, I'd love to hear any feedback on the usability of the new departmental feeds.

Randy Almond
    Affiliate Program Manager
    Walmart.com

Thank you Randy,

I'm looking forward to getting this underway. Once the products are removed I'll begin to work with the feed and offer any additional feedback I may have.

- Scott

Quote Originally Posted by rcalmond
    Hi Scott,

Thanks for the feedback on our datafeed. We think we've figured out what's causing all of the out-of-stock items to stay in the feed and are working on cleaning it out. I hope to have it all sorted out by the end of next week and will post any updates I have to this thread.

Once the data's good, I'd love to hear any feedback on the usability of the new departmental feeds.

Randy Almond
    Affiliate Program Manager
    Walmart.com

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Scott,

We've started the clean-up process, and the feed should look better by early next week, hopefully on Monday. I'll let you know when we're all done.

Best,

Randy

Hi Scott,

We've started the clean-up process, and the feed should look better by early next week, hopefully on Monday. I'll let you know when we're all done.

Best,

Randy
    Sounds good Randy, can't wait!

- Scott

Hi Scott,
    I just took a look and still found quite a few out of stock products. I guess it's not fixed yet?

Thank you,
    - Scott

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Snib,
    We are aware that the Wal-Mart feeds are not working. We are working with Wal-Mart to fix this problem.

Ranae

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Scott,

Yes, unfortunately the clean out process is taking a little bit longer than we were hoping. I'll continue to post updates here, but can you also shoot me a private message with your contact info? I'd like to get in touch with you directly to discuss how you use the datafeed and how we can make it better.

Thanks,

Randy

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Also:

Have you guys considered a change in your return days? It is very short and I have a huge problem with loads of non commish sales.

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Jack,

Over the holidays we increased our return days from 1 to 3 and have decided to stay with the 3 return days going forward.

When you put this together with our strong commission rates (6% in electronics, 8% in home & 12% in apparel, to name a few), it's a pretty compelling incentive package.

PM me your affiliate name and I can look into your numbers.

Best,

Randy

Hi Jack,

Over the holidays we increased our return days from 1 to 3 and have decided to stay with the 3 return days going forward.

When you put this together with our strong commission rates (6% in electronics, 8% in home & 12% in apparel, to name a few), it's a pretty compelling incentive package.

PM me your affiliate name and I can look into your numbers.

Best,

Randy
    Randy, I sent you a PM without realizing you don't have enough posts to read it. Send me an email at snibster at gmail dot com and I'll shoot you over my contact information.

- Scott

rcalmond: I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you could answer some questions about the Walmart Affiliate program. If so could you PM me. Thanks!!

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoptimized
    rcalmond: I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you could answer some questions about the Walmart Affiliate program. If so could you PM me. Thanks!!
    He can't PM you.

Pulling up old threads won't help you get in contact with affiliate managers. Your best bet is to email them directly.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I am currently unable to PM or view profiles so I don't know how else I was supposed to do it. Also I have tried contacting them on their website with no response. I was hoping to get ahold of him.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    1) contact email in Linkshare
    2) phone contact in Linkshare
    3) get help from Linkshare account rep

ABW Ambassador

Strong commissions don't do a thing for affiliates when 98% of the sales (some months 100%) are non-commissionable for being past the return date.

Yah, I know this is an old thread but this is an old issue. No doubt corporate knows exactly what the numbers and ratio are, and not paying commission for customers affiliates send appears to suit them just fine.

There is nothing compelling about non-commissionable sales.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread