Looking for computer/tech related affilates
    Howdy!

Does anyone know of an affiliate company that has computer or tech related offers I can use on my computer forum site. I only know of financial (credit cards, insurance, etc.) affiliates... e.g. Sunspotweb and NCReporting.

Thanks!

Lyte

Howdy,

I received a PM from "patrick24601" regarding this thread but I apparently don't have enough posts to read my own PMs. So, if patrick would like to PM me at my own site (PC101) that would be great.

Thanks!

Lyte

Just a follow up. I was letting him know that my site will eventually be starting one so to keep an eye out.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Quote Originally Posted by Lyte
    Howdy!

Does anyone know of an affiliate company that has computer or tech related offers I can use on my computer forum site. I only know of financial (credit cards, insurance, etc.) affiliates... e.g. Sunspotweb and NCReporting.

Thanks!

Lyte
    Have you joined Shareasale and/or some other programs yet?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Only as an affiliate, not as a merchant. I am looking for good pointers on what to do before joining SAS/CJ, etc. i.e. Merchant <==> Affiliate Best Practices, etc.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Lyte said:

Does anyone know of an affiliate company that has computer or tech related offers I can use on my computer forum site. [1]
    Wouldn't the above indicate an interest in becoming an affiliate of a company that sells computers and electronics?

There are many established affiliate programs other than financial affiliate companies.

You can see the affiliate merchants at Linkshare prior to signing with LS here:
    http://www.linkshare.com/clients/index.shtml

Dell is an example of an affiliate program for computers.
    Last edited by Rhia7; May 29th, 2006 at 02:44 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by patrick24601
    Only as an affiliate, not as a merchant. I am looking for good pointers on what to do before joining SAS/CJ, etc. i.e. Merchant <==> Affiliate Best Practices, etc.
    Consider all of the implications of a cost/benefit analysis for your potential program.

If you would like to create an affiliate merchant program you might like to get in touch with Andy Rodriguez. Andy has a sub forum at ABW:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81

Chris is knowledgeable about the ins & outs of Linkshare and he is online right now:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92

"Affaction Shawn" might have some tips for you:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/member.php?userid=17355

You can read the sub-forums at ABW for lots of local color
    There is always a debate about a program or a discussion about a glitch in any given network and/or program.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Thank Rhia.
    ---
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Have you joined Shareasale and/or some other programs yet?
    Howdy,

I joined LinkSynergy but they only had 5 - 8 that would interest me. I'm looking for hardware/software kinds of affiliates.

Lyte

Outsourced Program Manager
    Howdy,

I joined LinkSynergy but they only had 5 - 8 that would interest me. I'm looking for hardware/software kinds of affiliates.

Lyte

Hey Lyte,

I think you have the terminology mixed up. Merchants sell the stuff, affiliates promote it.

So your title should read "Looking for computer/tech related merchants".

Examples of such merchants:

TigerDirect.com - Linkshare
    Dell - Linkshare
    Gateway - BeFree
    CircuitCity - CJ
    BestBuy - BeFree?
    Apple - Linkshare

Hey Suluta,

Yeah, you might be right... I think I was meaning I was looking to become a computer/tech related affiliate. I'll be sure to be more clear next time.

I signed up for LS and I'll hit CJ tomorrow. I've never heard of BeFree though.

Thanks!

Lyte
    [URL=http://www.pc101.com/][B][U][COLOR=Blue][I]PC101 Computer Forum[/I][/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL] [COLOR=red]-[B] Providing free technical support to computer users of all experience levels.[/B][/COLOR] welcome:

[I][URL="http://www.talkvbulletin.com"][B][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Talk[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]vBulletin[/COLOR][/I][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][/URL]- Discussion Forum for vBulletin Enthusiast! [/COLOR][/B]

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hey Suluta,

Yeah, you might be right... I think I was meaning I was looking to become a computer/tech related affiliate. I'll be sure to be more clear next time.

I signed up for LS and I'll hit CJ tomorrow. I've never heard of BeFree though.

Thanks!

Lyte
    I wouldn't suggest BeFree, because most of their merchants are migrating over to CJ, so you'll have to change out your links. We have a tool that may be of interest to you though, that would make all of this a lot easier. Contact me at info (at) suluta.com if you'd like to know more.

Lightbulb
    while befree might not be the perfect place to search, because there is some migration of merchants out of there, there are some still sticking around.

to satisfy curiosity, try reporting.net, which is their affiliate interface.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread