Anyone want a good laugh?
    I probably should have posted this in the daily chuckle section, but it probably fits here.

Before I do this, let me first say that I’ve tried to get him to work on this website, but he is sort of a dinosaur when it comes to the web.

This is the website for the electrical contractor that I work for. http://www.bitnerelectric.com/ scroll down and click on the links, and check out the last updated. I just cannot get it through to him how bad it looks.

But everyone should be able to get a good laugh, just looking at it!
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

Last modified: May 27, 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    I agree! It is incredible, and to think that this is a real business. None of the links work, or anything. I am really looking forward to the day, when I can go full time AM.

The thing to remember is that not every company relies on (or even needs) a web presence. This company looks like it probably already has a list of established clients, so a flashy web site is likely to provide little to no ROI.

Of course, a good salesperson would be able to convince them otherwise ;-)

Not every co. needs a web presence, but a bad web 'presence' can actually cost you customers. I know sometimes I have personally considered using a company, but then when I look up their co. on the web, maybe to just find their ph. number... the site doesnt work or something in the website seems fishy. I go look somewhere else. Better they didnt have a site at all...
    Last edited by simcat; February 16th, 2006 at 02:22 AM.

I love the dropdown on the links page. 1998 for sure.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by simcat
    Not every co. needs a web presence, but a bad web 'presence' can actually cost you customers. I know sometimes I have personally considered using a company, but then when I look up their co. on the web, maybe to just find their ph. number... the site doesnt work or something in the website seems fishy. I go look somewhere else. Better they didnt have a site at all...
    a lot of places just need a web-based business card. So they are a little conservative?

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ΤΏΤ¬
    a lot of places just need a web-based business card. So they are a little conservative?
    That's what I keep telling them, If your not going to do much with it, just make it a business card. Get rid of all the dead links, and the 1998. And to boot, only 4 people in the picture still work at the company.

I actually got some good web design business from service companies and doctors that I personally used. I would look them up online and see that same late 90's look and feel, then do a quick redesign in postnuke or mambo. One look at css, nice template, forums, online carts, mailing lists, etc. and the jaws usually drop as the wallets open.

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by Trying to Win
    That's what I keep telling them, If your not going to do much with it, just make it a business card. Get rid of all the dead links, and the 1998. And to boot, only 4 people in the picture still work at the company.
    only four? he's missing a chance to make points with his people by posting a new picture!

and he could avoid possible legal problems by not showing ex-employees.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I think you could make yourself a bit of money helping this guy out. Anything would be better than what he has. Actually no page would be better than what he has.

Removing the active links would be a good start.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    I think you could make yourself a bit of money helping this guy out. Anything would be better than what he has. Actually no page would be better than what he has.

Removing the active links would be a good start.
    He is too cheap, for anyone to make money off him! I spoke to him again about it, he said he is going to have his son work on it at some point. I just smiled, and said ok. I know his son, he dose not know much about site design, only site if ever worked on was in high school. He will just cook something up in front page. At least the links will probably work.

But I'd be willing to bet, that it still looks the same as it dose right now in a few months.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread