Adwords, duplicate links..
    If I remember correctly google doesn't allow the same link to show up on adwords correct? The reason I ask, is none of my ads are showing up and then I realized there is another affiliate pushing the same site I'm trying to push and he seems to have every single keyword that I want to use. Is the only way to get my link to show by bidding higher?

Kyle

Bid higher or improve your CTR by writing a more appealing ad.

Don't forget trying broad, phrase and exact versions of the keyword - your opposition might only be using broad.

Rob

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    Kyle,
    Why not create a landing page? This way you will have your own url and you can tweak it depending on how sales are going.
    You could then compete on any word you wanted to.

I plan to Westgroup. Right now I'm just playing around with adwords to get a feel for it. My problem is even getting impressions. I'm not getting them basically.

I'm just playing aroudn with it and I think may be my problem. I'll put in say a maximum bid of $.20 and use only keywords that are high specialized. NO matter what I bid, the "estimator" says that I"ll be rank 1 but also that I'll get less than 0.1 clicks a day. I'm guessing that's just because no other advertisers is using my keywords though. I'll also put my maximum budget at $3 because i'm just testing it out. Could this be why I"m not getting many impressions?

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    Have you tried the AdWords estimator? This will give you an idea of how much your daily bid should be to get a good amount of impressions.

You really can't get a good idea of how well your ad is going do unless you can receive about 100 clicks a day.

If you get a good ratio of clicks to impressions your cost per click usually goes down & if you get alot of impressions but almost no clicks the price per click will go up.

This may be why your not seeing many impressions for your $3. At 20 a click that would only be 15 impressions per day. More-then-likely then G will charge you more then 20 so you may only be getting 10 impressions. It's hard to test an ad with so little impressions.

If you don't have much money to spend, instead of $3 a day, try to advertise just 1 day a week for $21. Depending on what you are advertising you may want to stay away from weekends--they are usually slower for me. Others however, may find that weekends are best for them.

If you don't have a very competitive product you may also be able to find clicks for less then 20 each. Just keep thinking real hard and a few should come to you.

Also don't forget to look for negative key words. There are alot of products that have names that are simular to current "slang". You don't want someone looking for the slang term to waste one of your clicks.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Only one ad can point to a url and Google does not verify if the bidder is the owner. We had a top affiliate bidding on our domains which prohibited us from bidding. They would not remove the ads so we had to remove them as an affiliate.

Most merchants have a policy against direct linking to their urls. Google is automated so they can not tell who is the owner and who isn't. Try the landing page as our successful PPC affiliates do. Last month our top affiliate was using PPC.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread