Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Interesting: Would you put a tracking device on your kid?
    Leader had brought interesting subject in this thread: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=69861

It got me thinking about a dicussion I had a while back surrounding the disapearance of a little girl.
    Now if you can put a personal tracking chip in your kid, would you?

At first I thought no way, but after that dicussion I had changed my mind. My kids are 4 and 2 and the mere thought of someone taking them scares me to death. So yeah, I would be in favor for putting a tracking chip in my kids until they are 42 -umm.- 18. but only if I have private control and not a part of a government program.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidVanHook
    Leader had brought interesting subject in this thread: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=69861

It got me thinking about a dicussion I had a while back surrounding the disapearance of a little girl.

At first I thought no way, but after that dicussion I had changed my mind. My kids are 4 and 2 and the mere thought of someone taking them scares me to death. So yeah, I would be in favor for putting a tracking chip in my kids until they are 42 -umm.- 18. but only if I have private control and not a part of a government program.
    That's the important issue: private control or government control. If and when human chip implants are available to the mass market, this could very easily become a big trend. All parents of young children are terrified of someone snatching their child.

Personally, I find implanting my children with a chip an awful idea but ... if it were as simple as it is with implanting a pet (my dog has a chip) maybe it will be a huge business when it's privately available. Reminds me of the big push to create an "identity kit" for children a few years back. We refused to get caught up in the heat of the moment and did not jump to have our kids fingerprinted and added to the government database precisely because it is a government controlled program and reeked of mass control. The school "watchdogs" running these "special offers" looked upon us as outcasts for not jumping all over their propoganda. Feeding off the fear and terror of parents is hugely offensive to me and I consider it the height of cruelty.

If my daughters were younger, I might consider it, but only if the program was run and monitored by private companies. What scares me is that once this becomes "acceptable practice" I can see the government jumping in and making it mandatory for all newborns to be implanted with a tracking chip beforre leaving the hospital. Much the same as they have created a mass vaccination program on newborns for diseases that are highly unlikely to affect an infant or child and subsequently, create other health problems in these children. I won't go off on a rant here ... too easy and off topic. :-)

On a side not, I have always explained the dangers of kidnapping to my kids. Yes, I scared the hell out of them but I'd rather they be aware of the danger and alert to it than keep them sheltered and clueless and potential victims. Ideally, I would not scare my children and create fear or suspicion but sometimes you have to shock them into understanding the horrors that could befall them if they're not careful. Another addition to my "parenthood sucks" theory. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

as alway Rexanne, you makes some really good points.
    But, I'm still one of scared parents and maybe as they get older this unbeleivably frightful, nausiating, gut wrenching, worry would ease up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVanHook
    as alway Rexanne, you makes some really good points.
    But, I'm still one of scared parents and maybe as they get older this unbeleivably frightful, nausiating, gut wrenching, worry would ease up a little.
    David,

it most definitely does get better. When they are more able to take care of themselves and think things through, you'll feel a lot better about their ability to function safely in the world when you're not there to protect them. It's a horrible feeling and I so understand what you're going through but I can assure you, it does ease as they get older. Then they become teens and you have a whole new set of worries. LOL - But it's never as bad as when they're very little and so very vulnerable.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

No time to go into this, as i am on me way out..
    but my answer is ,, if i lived in the UK, yes..
    but where i am now,, No, as there is no need ..
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

No --even dogs have the chips inserted into collars, not the dogs themselves.

I would not want someone to insert a chip into me and I would not insert one into my child if I had a child.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    No time to go into this, as i am on me way out..
    but my answer is ,, if i lived in the UK, yes..
    but where i am now,, No, as there is no need ..
    It's a beautiful thing to live where danger isn't lurking around every corner and under every rock. I was raised in Italy and know firsthand the joys of being able to grow up without fear.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I implanted a chip in my dog. But I have also resiegned myself to the fact that my kids will probably not be as cute as my dog so I will leave the kids au natural.

Quote Originally Posted by inflatemouse
    I implanted a chip in my dog. But I have also resiegned myself to the fact that my kids will probably not be as cute as my dog so I will leave the kids au natural.

Oooooooooooo that was COLD Carlos! LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I'm not sure. I have a 3 year old who is the opposite of shy. He is one of those really friendly kids who wouldn't think twice about wandering off with a stranger. I would probably go for it - again, if it wasn't under government control. I hate thinking of all the terrible things that can happen to children. If I had my way, he would never leave my sight. Not really a great life for him though

Jessica Dagg
    Affiliate Manager
    www.maxbounty.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    No --even dogs have the chips inserted into collars, not the dogs themselves.
    No - they put them IN the dog. Certainly there might be collars. Yet implanting chips in pets has been available for several years.

what about the cel phones these days? GPS tracking. It's something a little less dramatic. Of course, they are not so attached. This leads me to wonder if there is something like a secret pin a parent could always attach to kids clothes as a habit. Oops there goes another million dollar idea.

I can see a chip inserted until a certain age. Seems bound to happen actually.
    Not so scary with the right laws in place.
    Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

ABW Ambassador
    "I was raised in Italy and know firsthand the joys of being able to grow up without fear."

I feel the same way pretty much growing up in Germany as an Army brat.

"No --even dogs have the chips inserted into collars, not the dogs themselves."

They get them inserted in themselves. There was a local case of different chips and different readers and one of them not being able to pick up the chip in a once lost dog.

Overall I just don't like the idea. I can understand parents doing whatever they can but chips in kids, i don't know.

Revelation 14:11 (King James Version)
    11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Quote:
    11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Oh My Lord ...
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Oooooooooooo that was COLD Carlos! LOL
    Just being honest.

You all have seen my dog. We actually were offered $1000 at a grocery store last summer, needless to say we stopped bringing him to the store.

As for the chip thing you can't functionally make a chip that can be turned off. If you did then there would be a black market for the device and anyone who was trying to abduct you would surely buy one -- nullifying the whole concept.

In real life it would have to be an all or nothing thing.

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    *cough* uhm....anyway...

If I had my way, I'd put the chips in both my kids, even though they are 10 and 15 and have raised them to be very street smart, I'm still petrified of the nasty's that lurk nearby.

Funny, when I didn't have kids, I wasn't afraid of anything. I only discovered fear after my firstborn and it's an extraordinary motivator!
    Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

I honestly don't see any compelling reasons against the idea of doing it. It's something that your child would have in place at a young age, and would be mostly forgotten until the need arrises. And if the need ever did come up, I'd certainly be happy we got it done.

Can the gov't track you with it? Perhaps, but I'm not exactly driving car bombs or delivering crack. If they want to track every moment of my weekend jaunt to Walmart, they're more than welcome. Walmart probably tracks me more once I get in the store anyway.

If you keep your nose clean, you have nothing to fear. If you have a reason to fear being tracked, someone probably SHOULD be watching you!
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

Quote Originally Posted by Susan_ShareResults
    Funny, when I didn't have kids, I wasn't afraid of anything. I only discovered fear after my firstborn and it's an extraordinary motivator!

I feel the same way. I lost my Superman complex after my Daughter was born. Something about this --> [] <--- size implanted in my kids, until they was legally adults (or 50), privately controlled, and laws proctecting that control. I am for it. If someone told me I can do it for $15k each kid, the sanity of knowing that GOD-forbid in case of something happening I can track them, it will be worth it to me.

If you ever want to see me at my weakest moment, just ask me to imagine my kids being abducted in this crazy world of 6 billions people and no clue as to where they are.

Revelation 14:11

Rhia7 - That was the first thing I thought of too. And that is why I would never do it.
    Last edited by zimmy; February 16th, 2006 at 04:18 PM. Reason: added the reference

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy

Rhia7 - That was the first thing I thought of too. And that is why I would never do it.
    [OFF TOPIC A LIL']
    I'm confused, because I read the same book and I don't recall it mentioning mircochips. Please refresh my memory! It's not specific, so it can really be anything, like money, plastic surgery, tattoos, cellphones, computers, it's a guessing game, OR maybe somethig that won't be invented for 250 years in the future, so don't worry your safe. So unless you have something more concrete than take-my-word-for-it, to link your claims with this topic, please stay on topic.
    [END OF OFF TOPIC]

It is from the Left Behind Series where the mark of the beast was a microchip.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

Rhia7 - That was the last thing I thought of. And that is why I would do it.

It is from the Left Behind Series where the mark of the beast was a microchip.
    I thought the mark of the beast was 3 numbers marked on the skin, not a microchip inserted inside ones body.

Too lighten things up a bit: If all my requirements were meet from the above posting about what I need to see happen before I put a chip in my child, I would want to add a bonus feature to the chip. I would want to be able to upgrade the chip my Daughter haves when she is a teen to an anti-boy chip. It will shock all those gruby-graby teenage boys who touch my daughter and immediately e-mail me a profile and criminal background of that boy.

For all of you who don't have a sense of humor -- this is a joke -or is it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast