View Poll Results: Would you be more likely to work with MagazineAgent.com if we offered a feed that:

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Complied with LinkShare Feed Format.

    0 0%
  • Complied with bFast Feed Format

    0 0%
  • Complied with CJ Feed Format

    0 0%
  • Complied with SAS Feed Format

    0 0%
  • Was available via GoldenCAN

    0 0%
  • Your custom feed is sufficient

    4 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Affiliate Manager rhkocatas's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Posts
    150
    Data Feed Formats: Does More then 1 Format Help?
    Hi all:

    We offer a custom data feed for our magazine subscription offerings. While our program is currently on CJ's bFast platform, the data feed is an independent creation. This being said we are considering adding additional feed formats if we get enough interest for affiliates.

    Question: If we offered a feed in the standard format of bFast, CJ, LS or SAS would you be more likely to join/promote our program and use the feed.

    Also....what about GoldenCAN?

    In all cases our feed would be free/no 4th click

    PS: If anyone sees this going strongly in the yes direction I would love to get my hands on the specs for these feeds so that we can match them
    Reha Kocatas - MagazineAgent.com
    Programs available on Commission Junction and ShareASale.com
    Highest Commissions on Magazine Subscriptions Visit the Magazine-Agent Affiliate Forum

  2. #2
    Affiliate Manager nish's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2005
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by rhkocatas
    Hi all:

    We offer a custom data feed for our magazine subscription offerings. While our program is currently on CJ's bFast platform, the data feed is an independent creation. This being said we are considering adding additional feed formats if we get enough interest for affiliates.

    Question: If we offered a feed in the standard format of bFast, CJ, LS or SAS would you be more likely to join/promote our program and use the feed.

    Also....what about GoldenCAN?

    In all cases our feed would be free/no 4th click

    PS: If anyone sees this going strongly in the yes direction I would love to get my hands on the specs for these feeds so that we can match them
    Very interesting question. Curious to know what everyone thinks about this.

    -nishith

  3. #3
    Action Jackson - King of the World
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    2,201
    Something that's easy to get LOL.

    LS can be a huge pain because of the way they have things set up. CJ I can only get feeds fresh every week. GoldenCan is a must but a different question altogether IMO. Format for me isn't such a big deal as I can edit to suit my needs as long as it has categories.

  4. #4
    Moderator MichaelColey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Mansfield, TX
    Posts
    16,232
    I think he's just talking about the formats, not the access methods. Since some people have already programmed to work with network formats, it would be easier to work with datafeeds in the same format.

    (CJ can do daily datafeeds. You might want to ask them about it.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

  5. #5
    Schlaumeier cumbrowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Fresno/CA
    Posts
    640
    Talking ah! Datafeeds ...

    Quote Originally Posted by jackson992
    Something that's easy to get LOL.
    LS can be a huge pain because of the way they have things set up.
    Yep, it's either Kalia/LS or the merchant (second approval) that causes the delay. Not very transparent their process. I started an Excel File with all LS Feeds Status and Dates and Comments which I attach to my new Requests

    Quote Originally Posted by jackson992
    CJ I can only get feeds fresh every week.
    Contact then and get the new Datafeed Integration Document for Publisher (V4 from this year), You will be blown away when you see the different options. I found out about this early this year by coincidence after over two years of b*tching

    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?p=237533

    I put it on my todo list to ask CJ for the Document at least once a year since they don't want to make it public it and not allow others (I asked) to publish it anywhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by jackson992
    GoldenCan is a must but a different question altogether IMO.
    Agreed, Golden Can is more for Affiliates that can't work well with Raw Datafeeds for various reasons.

    Quote Originally Posted by jackson992
    Format for me isn't such a big deal as I can edit to suit my needs as long as it has categories.
    Yep, same here.

    Reha, you might want to look at this
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=68478

    and this

    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...&highlight=xml

    Both are long and/or have a lot of posts. So take your time with them

    Carsten

    Carsten Cumbrowski
    Marketer & Entrepreneur @ Cumbrowski.com
    Free & no BS Internet Marketing Resources

  6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Proper feed formats
    By Convergence in forum Programming / Datafeeds / Tools
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: June 22nd, 2014, 06:37 PM
  2. How to format the data to use as normal link
    By megatonloh in forum ShareASale - SAS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 26th, 2006, 12:35 PM
  3. What is best format for a data feed?
    By gagglina in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: January 17th, 2004, 12:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •