Latest payment "Domestic Check"
    Why is my latest payment reporting as a "Domestic Check" when I'm on direct deposit? I should have received it by now but now I need to wait for it to arrive in the mail. Did direct deposit get turned off this month or something?

I'm not too happy about this.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I got direct deposit this month. If something went wrong, it's not universal.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Yes, also received my DD on 2/13.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Snib, same thing happened here. I have been receiving DD no problem, but this month I saw the payment was on the 9th. Made some bill pays, never got my DD, which I was counting on receiving before my bill pays went out. Emailed LS, and of course no response. Today I get a check. *sigh*
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    All,
    For some resaon, there were some direct deposit affiliates that received a check for the 2/9 payment rather than direct deposit. The problem has been fixed and you should receive direct deposit with the next payment batch.

Ranae

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the response, Ranae.

For some reason???
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    All,
    For some resaon, there were some direct deposit affiliates that received a check for the 2/9 payment rather than direct deposit. The problem has been fixed and you should receive direct deposit with the next payment batch.

Ranae

This problem has not been fixed - I just received a check instead of Direct Deposit.

And the "for some reason" has not been explained.

One starts to think if it has occured again that perhaps LS does not really know the cause.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Hey Ron,

Whatcha instigating for, are you trying to be a ringleader?

I could understand others asking for a deeper explanation, but once again, you have to fart in the elevator of progress....btw....whatever you ate for lunch....it smells nasty...

Play nice Mr Ron

Diddy

All,
    We have investigated the direct deposit issue. If you were receiving payments via direct deposit and made a change to your address or contact information, your payment option defaults to a physical check. Until these changes are validated, you will not receive payments via direct deposit and this option will be disabled.

Once your physical check clears with your new information, you are eligible for direct deposit. You should see an option in the Payment Information section of your profile where you can sign up for direct deposit. Once you enter your banking information, we'll issue 2 random deposits to your account which can take several business days to post. Once they post, you need to come back to the Payment Information area of your profile to enter and verify the amounts. Once verified, you are enabled for direct deposit.

Hope this explains why some of you got direct deposit and others received checks.

Ranae

Good explanation.

One question.
    I live in Europe. I got the 9.02.06 check. I go to the bank and they tell me that this type of checks are not "usual" and they have to make sure that they recive the money first, and then they block my money for 2 weeks, and only then, they will transfer the sum in my account.
    We are in 02.03.06 and in my Linkshare acount this check is not even cleared. Only issued. So I guess I recive the money... when? in one more month...
    Meantime, I received the 24 check. Went to the bank with it, the same procedure applied...
    Can somebody tell me when Linkshare will make DD for outside US?
    Google does that and I get paid in 3 days after they list my payment.
    Thank you very much.

Pexcornel,
    We are working with our bank to set up ACH for international affiliates. I do not have a timeframe for this.

One thing you might consider is increasing your payment threshold. Follow the instructions below:
    - Select "Your Account”
    - Select "Update Profile"
    - Select a channel *
    - Scroll down to "Payment - Payment Threshold [optional]"
    - Enter your threshold (must be a whole number)
    - Save (Click update at bottom)

* Channels are listed under your profile and signified by the icon that looks like a web page (rather than the ones that look like ID card images and or org chart images)

You can set a different threshold for each Channel. Sometimes affiliates set higher thresholds to limit the number of checks they receive.

Ranae

ABW Ambassador
    All,
    We have investigated the direct deposit issue. If you were receiving payments via direct deposit and made a change to your address or contact information, your payment option defaults to a physical check. Until these changes are validated, you will not receive payments via direct deposit and this option will be disabled.

Once your physical check clears with your new information, you are eligible for direct deposit. You should see an option in the Payment Information section of your profile where you can sign up for direct deposit. Once you enter your banking information, we'll issue 2 random deposits to your account which can take several business days to post. Once they post, you need to come back to the Payment Information area of your profile to enter and verify the amounts. Once verified, you are enabled for direct deposit.

Hope this explains why some of you got direct deposit and others received checks.

Ranae

This doesn't explain why I am received checks. I did not make any changes to my account.

I stopped receiving DD once I received a domestic payment via check from PetCareRx (from months and months ago).

When I look at my account information, I see that I am still signed up for Direct Deposit.

It's been almost a week, why is there no response to this? And really, once we've been verified for direct deposit, no matter what we do to our account, that shouldn't "unverify" us.

Not to mention, I STILL can't get my personal information verified, even when I put in the exact information that I use for filing taxes. I'm just a single person, using my home address...how difficult could it be to verify me?

ABW Ambassador
    I had to redo my Direct Deposit sign-up, and initiate the 2 small deposits again. I just verified the deposits, so I will hopefully receive DD from this point forward.

All,

Ranae
    This has NOT been fixed. I just received my latest payment as a check *again* and my profile is configured for Direct Deposit. I did make a change to my address before this but I don't see why that would switch me to Domestic Check. This disappoints me because I should have my money by now, but now I need to wait for the check to arrive in the mail.

Please fix this.

- Scott

Hello Snib,

Each time you change your Pay To address, you must go through the direct deposit verification process again. Which means you will have to receive, cash and wait for a new check to clear. Once it clears you will be able continue with the direct deposit process.

Regards,

LinkShare Moderator

15 years and counting
    I'm looking at my 3/9/2006 payment in SynergyAnalytics and it is sloooow.
    I've to wait and wait to arrive to the Affiliate Monthly Payment Summary and it's taking for ever to look at the Affiliate Merchant Payment Detail.

This damned thing doesn't work properly. Take it down and bring back the old reports.

Hello Snib,

Each time you change your Pay To address, you must go through the direct deposit verification process again. Which means you will have to receive, cash and wait for a new check to clear. Once it clears you will be able continue with the direct deposit process.

Regards,

LinkShare Moderator
    I wish I knew this when I changed my address. There was nothing that told me I need to redo my direct deposit verification. If I had been told at the time I would have done it right away. You definitely need to do something about communicating this with affiliates. From my point of view something broke without an explanation.

- Scott

Scott,

In LinkShare's defense...

This is the text on their update profile page

Until your address is validated, any changes to your address will temporarily prevent you from receiving payments via direct deposit. In addition, the direct deposit option will be disabled.

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr_Sacc
    This doesn't explain why I am received checks. I did not make any changes to my account.

I stopped receiving DD once I received a domestic payment via check from PetCareRx (from months and months ago).

When I look at my account information, I see that I am still signed up for Direct Deposit.
    This is all the same for me too. I just got a check for $1.13 (another thing I can't figure out since I'm owed much more). So not only am I being insulted with this paltry amount that I can't even buy a box of Altoids with, but I also have to subject myself to the humiliation of cashing a check for that amount?

I haven't changed anything, sneezed in the direction of LS, looked at my account info crosseyed, or opted out of DD, so why??

EDIT - So I just went in and initiated the two small deposits again, even though it still said I was signed up. I guess we'll see what happens. Hell, LS can't even validate me still, so why should I expect to get paid as I am supposed to?
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread