Mechants changing PPC rules
    I have no problems with merchants changing their PPC rules & guidelines.

HOWEVER, I would like to be told if and when they do!

The CJ system could easily be tweaked to advise all joined advertisers when the advertiser detail changes. It currently does when the commission changes, but not when the wording does, and often that wording contains important terms and conditions.

I'm sure that CJ would say that it is the responsibility of the merchant to inform us of any changes, but few do.

The reality is I need to check the advertiser details of hundreds of merchants regularly and check for changes, which is very time-consuming and tedious.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by enginez
    I have no problems with merchants changing their PPC rules & guidelines.

HOWEVER, I would like to be told if and when they do!

The CJ system could easily be tweaked to advise all joined advertisers when the advertiser detail changes. It currently does when the commission changes, but not when the wording does, and often that wording contains important terms and conditions.

I'm sure that CJ would say that it is the responsibility of the merchant to inform us of any changes, but few do.

The reality is I need to check the advertiser details of hundreds of merchants regularly and check for changes, which is very time-consuming and tedious.

Rob

Rob, this used to be a big problem several months ago, but recently the vast majority of my advertisers have begun to send to notices straight to my email inbox. Have you been getting emails from your advertisers?

I get never-ending announcements regarding weekend sales etc...and I read each one carefully in case they have some important rule change buried away between banner ads

I don't dare turn off any merchant communications in case I miss an important announcement - but merchants consider every communication to be of the upmost importance! It would be nice if their messages could be categorized, ie:

- Links expiring
    - Changes to T&C
    - Short-lived Promotions (only valid for less than a fortnight)
    - Long-term promotions
    - New creatives
    - Changes to site/products
    - Program ending

Then I could choose which announcements I wish to receive!

Because I don't like changing the HTML of my sites and ad campaigns, short-term promotions are wasted on me. If I could exclude those messages, I'd be a more efficient affiliate.

Some merchants are courteous enough to inform us of important changes, but it would be nice if the messages were generated by CJ in an automated way - then I could relax!

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread