Adding 'sub-affliates'
    A few weeks ago I added 2 of my sites as sub-affliates and had no problem. I have another site (all of these are personal sites I want to link one or two relevant stores on, but want to know if it was worth the trouble thru tracking), however, I can find no way to do so this time.

I go to the sub-affliate link, read the instructions, but there are no clickable buttons, not even an update button if I wanted to remove a site.

Am I doing something wrong, am I in the wrong place on the site? As you can tell I am fairly new at these things.

Thanks for any help,
    Bridgett

ABW Ambassador
    I think now you have to open up another channel and reapply to each merchant for each site. Next week, they're doing away with subID tracking so I think they're taking away what you just mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    I think now you have to open up another channel and reapply to each merchant for each site. Next week, they're doing away with subID tracking so I think they're taking away what you just mentioned.
    Doesn't she still have time to apply for Signature so she doesn't have to Channel?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Doesn't she still have time to apply for Signature so she doesn't have to Channel?
    Signature???? Okay, going back to the site and read up on that. I did read something about a March 1 deadline, but can't remember what that was all about. I have too many pots on the fire right now to remember a great deal about any anything.

Thanks,
    Bridgett

Quote Originally Posted by genbintn
    Signature???? Okay, going back to the site and read up on that. I did read something about a March 1 deadline, but can't remember what that was all about. I have too many pots on the fire right now to remember a great deal about any anything.

Thanks,
    Bridgett
    I thought someone mentioned a February 23rd deadline (not sure?)

With Signature at the Subsit=0 (where you type in target="new" to open to a new page) that is where you will be able to append a custom up to 75 character line or code that will facilitate tracking.

Go to LS & hit the Resource icon: can you read the pdf file? It is discussed there.

There have also been massive threads posted at ABW on this issue.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I thought someone mentioned a February 23rd deadline (not sure?)
    I can find no cut off date for this program.
    Go to LS & hit the Resource icon: can you read the pdf file? It is discussed there.
    Read the file, still confused about one thing. Do I have to send an application for each of my sites? I have quite a few personal type sites (aka homepages) that I would want to add some links to. Or do you think signing up for each one would be wasting time and just go with the link produced under the site I signed up for?
    There have also been massive threads posted at ABW on this issue.
    I only searched in this forum, should I search in other's?

I really shouldn't be doing this stuff today, between a puppy who doesn't like being ignored right now and a sinus headache, my concentrating powers has been reduced greatly :: sigh ::

Thanks again for any help,
    Bridgett

I can find no cut off date for this program.Read the file, still confused about one thing. Do I have to send an application for each of my sites? I have quite a few personal type sites (aka homepages) that I would want to add some links to. Or do you think signing up for each one would be wasting time and just go with the link produced under the site I signed up for?I only searched in this forum, should I search in other's?

I really shouldn't be doing this stuff today, between a puppy who doesn't like being ignored right now and a sinus headache, my concentrating powers has been reduced greatly :: sigh ::

Thanks again for any help,
    Bridgett
    Hi Bridgett,

Do you have all your sites under one login right now?
    I have a general Linkshare Login plus a Login that features a "Big Merchant" because that merchant rejected me under the general application but when I applied via their own site, they accepted me -- so I have 2 login names & passwords for LS: each of my sites are listed under both logins (that's what happened & I just adapted to that)

Download sigreg doc.

I listed my 2 logins on one application and got signature approval for both.
    You can use more than one application, but if you have 5 sites under one login, you only need one application/approval.

Read this excellent post by a LS Mod (refers to Feb date too)
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=16

You might want to read these threads:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ight=Signature

and

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ight=Signature

It sounds to me as if once the Signature deal goes through you can almost create your own system (above thread)

I hope this helps
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Do you have all your sites under one login right now?
    I have a general Linkshare Login plus a Login that features a "Big Merchant" because that merchant rejected me under the general application but when I applied via their own site, they accepted me -- so I have 2 login names & passwords for LS: each of my sites are listed under both logins (that's what happened & I just adapted to that)
    AFAIK, all are under one login, I've only been using one login.

I did sign up thru a "Big Merchant" who subsequently keeps on rejecting me (go figure). But I've not seen anything else in my overflowing e-mail client to indicate another sign in method.

Download sigreg doc.
    I did and sent it in already.

You can use more than one application, but if you have 5 sites under one login, you only need one application/approval.
    I only listed my main site, not the 2 sub-affiliates I have set up.

Read this <<snipped>>
    Thanks for the links, very informative. Am glad I was trying to do some of this stuff today with the 2/23 cut-off date looming.

I hope this helps
    It did, thanks so much for going thru all the trouble to help out a newbie. Appreciate it.

Bridgett

AFAIK, all are under one login, I've only been using one login.
    One login = one signature request should handle it.

I only listed my main site, not the 2 sub-affiliates I have set up.
    I listed 4 sites.

See how it (what you sent in) goes. I am sure (hoping) that once approved you can make updates. I think it would be a good idea to download an extra sigreg doc. (a clean one) just in case & just to hold on to.

Thanks for the links, very informative. Am glad I was trying to do some of this stuff today with the 2/23 cut-off date looming.

It did, thanks so much for going thru all the trouble to help out a newbie. Appreciate it.

Bridgett
    I'm glad I was able to help
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread