Cool Big Daddy!
    The new, improved datacenter . . . anyone following the google blog on it? It explains some of the results (variable) I'm seeing, and why I don't see my sites in results but others do.

To save time, and assuming you have a lot of reading time, here is the original blog and the afterblog:

http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/bigdaddy/

http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/bigdaddy-progress-update/

ABW Ambassador
    You know I've been seeing a little increase in Google traffic, some old terms I used to rank well with are ranking well again. Not sure if this is the new Big Daddy or some very old stuff. Then again at the same time, it looks like I've been hit by that big supplemental bug and most of my pages are gone or supplemental. The ones that are in are doing great.

I heard the same about old results before...seems like they could be just that old results prior to the big daddy update, which is more infastructure based to improve scalability on the number of pages indexed. It's not just an algo tweak update (but that is likely to be included as well)

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've been getting random sales from sites that had been dead for ages. But, they really are very random--more like G put some of its index into a percolator, and occasionally a listing bubbles up toward the top at the same time a buyer is looking. Seems more like the "everflux" people've talked about for years is actually happening, now.

On the other hand, it seems to be taking forever to get PR to new pages. PR doesn't do much for SERP rank, but it does affect people's willingness to link. So I'm dismayed that a new links page I made 2 or 3 months ago still doesn't show any.

it looks like I've been hit by that big supplemental bug and most of my pages are gone or supplemental.
    When it happens to others, their sites weren't "valuable," but now that it hit you, it's a "bug?"
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    I think the bug only hit the good sites Like a love tap or something.

Big thread about it:
    http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum30/33386.htm

But actually I seem to be getting more traffic with this current disarray, lol.

Guess will have to wait till this whole Bid Daddy thing is rolled out and settled and they fix the bug to see how everything stands.

I don't know what's going on but I like it! I woke up today to find that my Google traffic has nearly quadrupled on my most prominent site! Google hasn't done this to me for almost 2 years so I'm quite surprised. I've been seeing a slight daily increase in traffic over the past couple months, but today is huge! Whatever they did, I hope they keep on doing it.

I did get some press on a prominent blog a couple weeks ago, so this may be the aftermath.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread