Google page rank question.
    The page rank for all of my pages is at 2 but my home page and index page are at 0 why is this? All the links that point to my site are pointing to my home page. I'm concerned that my home page won't rank well in google.

Someone would need to do an analysis of your site to tell you why your page's have (or don't have) the pr assigned to them.

Inbound links and text are a primary consideration for ranking pages. Go to google, type in "pagerank explained" (without the quotes). There is a wealth of information to get you started in understanding why your site's pages rank as they do.
    Blessed Be,
    White Wolf

For my money Googles page rank nowadays is almost as relevant as Alexa. I have noticed for many months now that the bigger proportion of page one search results are of a lower page ranking than sites on pages 2, 3 and 4 etc.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon
    For my money Googles page rank nowadays is almost as relevant as Alexa. I have noticed for many months now that the bigger proportion of page one search results are of a lower page ranking than sites on pages 2, 3 and 4 etc.
    Gordon is right. too many webmasters are gaming pagerank so Google has gotten more secretive - whatever it is you see in the google toolbar isn't the real pagerank and there isn't any way to actually tell what the "real" pagerank is.
    Last edited by White Wolf; February 19th, 2006 at 09:38 PM. Reason: rewording
    Blessed Be,
    White Wolf

PageRank has been irrelevant for more than a year. If you are focusing on PageRank, you are just chasing the wind.

It used to play a significant role in rank positioning, but no longer does. Google engineers call it "just one factor out of a hundred". They downgraded its significance because it is very easy to get a high PageRank. All you need to do to get a PageRank of 5 is to get a link from a page with a PageRank of 6. The important part is that the page linking to you does not have very many outbound links.

Here is the simplified formula for calculating the amount of PageRank that gets passed though a link: ((PageRank * .85) / number of outbound links on a page). Using this formula, it is easy to see how the PageRank passed from link farm pages is easily diluted.

You are much better off spending your time developing unique content in sites that are designed to make it easy for spiders to index.
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread