ABW Ambassador
    Is this legal? I was checking out keywords in Findwhat and I am finding a lot of stuff like this:
    We Won't Tell Unless You Do!
    America's #1 CZ jewelry manufacturer. The world's finest man made Cubic Zirconia gems. Our diamond simulant has all the fire and brilliance of the finest stones ever unearthed. Beautiful! (Advertiser Paid: $0.03)
    No web site comes up and it takes you directly to the merchantusing the cj links. Confused here, do these people have their own web sites? What is the advantage, disadvantage of doing this?
    Cazzie :confused:

ABW Ambassador
    Some PPC engines let you use affiliate referral links directly in the listings, as long as the landing page is relevant to the keyword, description, etc.

If too many affiliates did this it would degrade the search, because there would be too many identical pages showing up in the results. But at least for now, it is still allowed in some places. It's one of those things that only works as long as it's not overdone.

I'm not sure how well it fits CJ's terms of service, to place links anywhere but in your own site, though. Check with your merchant before trying this. The URL is tracked but not impressions, so it makes your stats really abnormal, and because abnormal stats are commonly an indicator of fraud, it's important that your merchant know what you're doing.

That said, all the usual cautions apply about tracking your conversion rates, calculating what your average visitor is worth and not overbidding for your listings.

Elisabeth Archambault

lol, I had the same thing happen on of all things - OPD!

It was listed as a kid safe, family safe search engine. So I go to look and it is nothing but a page of banner ads with a PPC search engine link. But the kicker was at the very top of the page there is a cartoon of a little man "relieving" himself.

How in the world did this get into OPD, I thought they looked for content?
    Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread