Simoncells Moving
    Just got an email from Simoncells:
    Sorry to have to do this to you, but we are migrating our program over to Linkconnector.com. Due to unforeseen circumstances ShareAsale.com has decided to close down our account. We are sorry for this inconvenience and in response to that we have raised the commission on Linkconnector.com to 6% commission. We have the same exact program there with all the same links and banners. What ever you are doing here you can do over there too. We hope you can move over there and hope it is an easy transition.
    I'm glad I didn't set up the datafeed I was planning on. Anyone know why Shareasale closed their account?

ABW Ambassador
    Anyone know why Shareasale closed their account?
    I suspect it may have been an act of kindness toward them, to help them through what seemed to have been a painful, difficult problem they were having in their decision making process.

This thread may give some more insight into their plight.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=70009

ABW Ambassador
    I am curious, what in the heck could have attracted you to their program in the first place?

According to this forum rules:

Messages posted to this board are solely the opinion and responsibility of the person posting the message.
    and unless the post contains:

any "adult" or questionable off-topic material, as it will only be removed and a ban warning will be issued. Posts containing racist, sexual- or religious-, personal-, etc offending content will be removed and will get you banned immediately
    Then my original title of Simoncell Booted should not have been edited. Could someone please explain the micro mangement of posts here please. Or have I stepped on some on some unseen PC foot?

With their prices they would be good to sell against with price comparisons. Sort of a readily updated version of fodder for the sales machine...

The editing of post titles in relation to merchants moving are for accuracy and not necessarily to point judgment against any party of such decision, that's called noise and if you have a problem with the edit of such, please email me (click the administrator link on the bottom of any page) and I'll continue the discussion.

That said, there aren't any 'PC feet' to step on as Mendy has been out and about 'trampling' already.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Hmmm. They seem to be having trouble making friends...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I know it's your board and you can do as you please but if you really want to serve the affiliate community then you really need to look at what is important in a forum like this.

- Personal feelings should be left at the door when you enter here.

- I love the business of being an affiliate and I am always looking for ways to improve on every level. But it is a battle on many fronts that needs the support of a community like this forum

- You own this board but you do not own my thoughts or anyone else that posts here and unless it is blatantly against your posted rules, the posts should stand as originally written. Perception is just that and the noise as you call it should be a part of the forum no matter how it may seem.

- Don't hide important information such as the discussion about the Winsock hack that was taken private and only available to the inner circle. I know it was stated that it was done for legal reasons but I don't understand how anyone could be held accountable for uncovering the truth. If it was false information then it should have been left in the open for all to see.

- A forum is only as good as the people who post there and if outsiders see bickering and inner circle elitism they would then perhaps believe there would be no room for their posts. I wonder how many lookers on this forum are making income "above the fold" that will never post, what do we all lose?

This post is not bait for an argument although I have perhaps touched on sensitive subjects I do this because I earn a living from the Internet and the affiliate business is good part of my income. I just believe that this forum could be much better than it is now.

Anything you wish to discuss can be done in an open forum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zendozen
    I know it's your board and you can do as you please but if you really want to serve the affiliate community then you really need to look at what is important in a forum like this.

- Personal feelings should be left at the door when you enter here.
    The only personal feelings expressed in this matter are yours.

- I love the business of being an affiliate and I am always looking for ways to improve on every level. But it is a battle on many fronts that needs the support of a community like this forum.
    Absolutely, and if you *KNEW* or cared to ask what this merchant did, I'm sure you'd be most trepidatious also. Notwithstanding, I stand behind the thread title edit to remove the 'noise'.

- You own this board but you do not own my thoughts or anyone else that posts here and unless it is blatantly against your posted rules, the posts should stand as originally written. Perception is just that and the noise as you call it should be a part of the forum no matter how it may seem.
    I *STILL* stand behind the thread title edit to remove the 'noise' and obviously ... The darn DRAMA! Simoncells will be on replacement variable if this continues.

- Don't hide important information such as the discussion about the Winsock hack that was taken private and only available to the inner circle.
    First of all stay on topic.

Secondly, that move was to protect a member who couldn't replicate the results and could have been sued if I left it out in 'public'.

As an affiliate, merchant or network please realize that there is a method to the madness, as you may classify it. I'm not here for anyone to not win, nor loose in a court but only win in a level playing field.

- I know it was stated that it was done for legal reasons but I don't understand how anyone could be held accountable for uncovering the truth.
    OK ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libel - What many bad dreams are made of!

-If it was false information then it should have been left in the open for all to see.
    If you soo want to see it, pay the $10 or realize it could be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libel

- A forum is only as good as the people who post there and if outsiders see bickering and inner circle elitism they would then perhaps believe there would be no room for their posts.
    And once again, this has what to do with Mendy?

- I wonder how many lookers on this forum are making income "above the fold" that will never post, what do we all lose?
    Without agendas, I'd say 80% won't post, but if you do you might be invited to 'other' private boards.

This post is not bait for an argument although I have perhaps touched on sensitive subjects I do this because I earn a living from the Internet and the affiliate business is good part of my income. I just believe that this forum could be much better than it is now.
    Sure, I agree, that's why I asked you to email me! Hello!!!

Anything you wish to discuss can be done in an open forum.
    OK fine, but next time, use the new thread link a bit more often to stay on topic ... I'll answer you, as I'm sure others will as well.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

You know Haiko you make me feel kind of special taking all that time to quote and respond to each part of my post. But it seems a little bit overkill and actually some of your responses are incorrect because you either misread or misinterpreted.

But there is no benefit for me to try and correct your inaccuracies. Like the networks we as affiliates deal with, this forum is your game and if I don't like your rules (apparent or otherwise) then it's too bad for me and I should move on.

The really useful things I have found here are the intelligent and informative people who post important and helpful information. Those people are actually a forums life blood and the key to success.

I suppose I could throw you a parting shot but I have never posted here with any other intention but to try to better the industry and to get affiliates to organise.

Enough said.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread