Question Is affiliatefuture the same as performics/connect commerce?
    Is affiliatefuture the same as performics/connect commerce?

I see this post in the affiliatefuture forum and then on Blockbuster.com I see:

Already a member of the Performics Network? Go ahead and click here to log in and apply directly for the Blockbuster Online program today!

Please contact our Affiliate Program team at blockbusteraffiliates@performics.com for more information on the Blockbuster Affiliate Partner Program.
    Is BB running dual programs?
    Reha Kocatas - MagazineAgent.com
    Programs available on Commission Junction and ShareASale.com
    Highest Commissions on Magazine Subscriptions Visit the Magazine-Agent Affiliate Forum

ABW Ambassador
    "Is affiliatefuture the same as performics/connect commerce?"

No not the same, different networks. But Blockbuster is running their program on both networks. Sometimes merchants open up on more than one network.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    ....Blockbuster is running their program on both networks. Sometimes merchants open up on more than one network.
    When merchants do that do they usually offer different compensation?

Via Performics you get $18.00 per signup;

Via AffiliateFuture your get
    • 1-10 Sales per month = $13
    • 11-24 Sales per month = $14
    • 25+ Sales per month = $15

Sorry if this is all very newbie but I don't have much experience from the affiliate (v merchant) side of things. We have been looking at complimentary subscription services such as BB, Netflix, Gamefly, Gamerang etc and wanted to understand the advantage of going with one network versus the other when the pay was so different.
    Highest Commissions on Magazine Subscriptions Visit the Magazine-Agent Affiliate Forum

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Looks like affs who go with Affiliate Future get scr*wed, to me!

I don't know the reasons in this particular case, but suspect that merchants (in general) who have such different pay structures are passing on network costs--or they're just hoping to snag some suckers who don't know they can do better elsewhere. And, sometimes merchants are hoping to entice affs over to the higher-paying program, so they can dump the other network more painlessly.

We have been looking at complimentary subscription services such as BB, Netflix, Gamefly, Gamerang etc
    Hopefully you don't mean to run their ads on the Mag-Agent site! Affs hate leaks, and many would rip links, rather than send traffic to a merchant who is running aff links on its merchant site. Leaks are any links which sent traffic can click, that will result in no commissions for the referring aff.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Hopefully you don't mean to run their ads on the Mag-Agent site! Affs hate leaks, and many would rip links, rather than send traffic to a merchant who is running aff links on its merchant site. Leaks are any links which sent traffic can click, that will result in no commissions for the referring aff.
    We are looking at post transaction upsell opportunities. Should not be viewed as a leak to affiliates.

That's a leak to me.
    I drop stores that do that stuff.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    As an aff, I have no problems with the practice, generally speaking.

But, if those places have aff programs, you would be competition to affs who are also members of those programs. I'm not promoting any of the merchants you mentioned, but those who are may not be too happy...

Upselling is fine, but upselling with something I'm trying to sell too, that's thorny. If I *was* in any of those programs (which I'm not), I would have to go through a decision process as to whether it was better to push mags and risk losing a Netflix et al signup, or just push the other places instead.

I have a merchant in an unrelated category with competing upsells w/merchants I'm also signed up at. Only after determining that Merchant A's (the upseller's) own CR is way better than Merchant B's (the upsold), did I decide to go ahead and leave their links/pages up.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread