Merchant Datafeeds & OsCommerce or Zencart
    Hi.

Is there a way to insert merchant data feeds and link to off site images and have the cart button go to the off site merchants site ? I mean, i know this can be done, i have seen some ppls doing this... don't tell me to ask them because they don't have any kind of contact on the websites...

I will probably be able to insert the data feed with easypopulate ... anyway my big problem is.. how can i make the cart button go to the merchant site instead of entering the product in the shopping cart ?

All comments or help would be appreciated

p.s.: if this is some kind of occult, tabu think that peoples don't talk about please PM me or send me a mail.... please i only need some directions..

http and a telephoto
    Two issues, I tried to tackle both for years, lol.

1. Linking to offsite images is possible but requires a new class code written. I asked on the OCS boards about a year ago and had someone offer to do it for about $100-150 (I am loxly at the osc forums as well)

2. Linking the add to cart button can't be done, but what I did was take the button off the priduct page and change the additional website link to the button to go to the product page or merchant cart.

I did use easy populate to import some smaller feeds and host the images locally. But I abandoned that idea and used a modified directory script instead. I would still like to be able to do something with osc (loaded version) or zen cart for my personal photography or to import the CafePress xml. I guess I should go post over there in the developers area!!!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks for your reply, Loxly.

I think i just found a solution for remote images.. seems it work ok.. and no new class was necesary. I just need to remove 'add to cart' and put a 'buy' button or something and the problem is solved.

If i meet my expectations i will let you know how it can be solved if you are interested.

Cya.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by necropsique
    Thanks for your reply, Loxly.

I think i just found a solution for remote images.. seems it work ok.. and no new class was necesary. I just need to remove 'add to cart' and put a 'buy' button or something and the problem is solved.

If i meet my expectations i will let you know how it can be solved if you are interested.

Cya.
    Definitely keep me in the loop on this, I still have plenty of projects I can use this for if you get it to work!!!!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I've done this for one of my clients in the past. I wrote an import script that adds a datafeed to OSCommerce and keeps it up to date by removing out of stock products and changing any information like new prices. It also creates all of the categories and maintains brand names. Changing the front end to display remote images and link externally was pretty trivial when it was all said and done. If you're interested in this you can send me an email at Snibster at gmail.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread