want to buy certain mp3 player from your link
    Ok, I give up trying to find what I want. If anyone can give me a link to something decent and under $100 I will buy it from you today. I want an MP3 player that has a built in speaker, decent memory, plus radio. It doesn't have to be cool or small - just functional! I like the V@mp but can't find a place to buy it that won't cost a zillion dollars. I'll also consider anything that comes with small external speakers to plug into. Thanks!

I know Coby makes these little boomboxes that play Mp3's. Search for Coby Mp3 tuner and you should be able to find some. I've sold a few of these through Buy.com

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

This link is not affiliate-ized, but this looks like a good player:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/B00066EK2W

if you want cheap and good:
    at staples, they have the: Creative MuVo Mix MP3 Player, 512MB for $40 after rebate

thank you both!

Just to throw out an idea here...

Quote Originally Posted by hilisa
    Ok, I give up trying to find what I want.
    When you see people saying something like this or when you say it yourself, this is a perfect opportunity to build a highly successful affiliate site. In this case, someone could/should build a site that is the ultimate buying guide for MP3 Players. Find out what types of features different people are looking for. Find a bunch of MP3 Players. Find a bunch of affiliate programs where those MP3 Players are sold. Build a site that makes it easy for people to find exactly what MP3 Players meet their specific needs, and show them where the best places are to buy them!

The "lazy" way of building a MP3 Player site would be to just put a product showcase of a ton of different MP3 Players. That's not helpful, and pretty much your only hope is to do good SEO and get some search traffic.

Instead, build a site that lets people choose what features are most important to them, and then show them specifically which MP3 Players would be best for them. Strive to be the most helpful site out there about your topic. It'll take a lot more work, but it'll be useful. You'll see tremendously better conversion ratios. You'll get great word of mouth. And you'll sell a ton of MP3 Players.

Replace "MP3 Players" above with just about anything, and the concept holds true.

Almost any time you see someone saying "Ok, I give up trying to find what I want." (or you find yourself saying it yourself), you know you've found a great idea for a site.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey

When you see people saying something like this or when you say it yourself, this is a perfect opportunity to build a highly successful affiliate site. In this case, someone could/should build a site that is the ultimate buying guide for MP3 Players. Find out what types of features different people are looking for. Find a bunch of MP3 Players. Find a bunch of affiliate programs where those MP3 Players are sold. Build a site that makes it easy for people to find exactly what MP3 Players meet their specific needs, and show them where the best places are to buy them!

The "lazy" way of building a MP3 Player site would be to just put a product showcase of a ton of different MP3 Players. That's not helpful, and pretty much your only hope is to do good SEO and get some search traffic.

Instead, build a site that lets people choose what features are most important to them, and then show them specifically which MP3 Players would be best for them. Strive to be the most helpful site out there about your topic. It'll take a lot more work, but it'll be useful. You'll see tremendously better conversion ratios. You'll get great word of mouth. And you'll sell a ton of MP3 Players.

Replace "MP3 Players" above with just about anything, and the concept holds true.

Almost any time you see someone saying "Ok, I give up trying to find what I want." (or you find yourself saying it yourself), you know you've found a great idea for a site.
    Nice piece of advice, Michael ... as all the ABWers hightail it out of here to build an MP3 site.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

When you see people saying something like this or when you say it yourself, this is a perfect opportunity to build a highly successful affiliate site.

Oh my goodness yes. The MP3 player review and information site niche is wiiiiide open. I've been searching for a couple of weeks. I don't know anything about mp3 players - I've looked on ebay a dozen times, been to local stores three times, done a few dozen searches, and finally asked here.

The thing is, you would definitely need to put some *work* into it -- maybe go down to the local circuit city and play with all their mp3 players .

I agree that a good mp3 review site would be good.. there's a lot for cameras that are superb.
    But it seems like mp3 players roll out new versions & stuff SO OFTEN. It'd be tough to keep up, but it would probably get a lot of traffic. I'd probably shop there too

Not just a review site, but a buying guide. Something that would help people find the MP3 Player that meets their needs. Notice that hilisa wasn't looking for reviews, but for an MP3 Player that met certain criteria. Help people find what they want. That's the key to affiliate marketing.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Instead, build a site that lets people choose what features are most important to them, and then show them specifically which MP3 Players would be best for them. Strive to be the most helpful site out there about your topic.
    The main difficulty I see in that, is coming up with such in-depth info about a whole category's worth of products. Most people aren't *that* much of an expert in a (saleable) product line.
    What happens when the merchant doesn't provide all the data needed?

I just can't see doing all that research about just any ol' thing, especially if it was something I knew nothing about to begin with (because if I know nothing about it, it shows that it wasn't something I found remotely interesting. So researching it would be boring as heck!).

Another question is, how to know what kind of info people want about a product? What I find irrelevant, some other person may think is essential, and vice versa...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I never said it would be easy. It takes a lot of work to build a site like that, but if it's done right it will produce tremendous results.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I never said it would be easy. It takes a lot of work to build a site like that, but if it's done right it will produce tremendous results.
    Someone should absolutely jump all over this idea. It's a winner and Michael was generous enough to post it instead of running with it himself.

If I knew ANYTHING about MP3 players I'd be busy making a site NOW instead of posting here. ;-).
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

You don't necessarily have to know anything about it. You can learn everything you need to know with some research.

I shared it because I already have a dozen even better ideas for sites, and I doubt I'll ever get to all of those.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread