Content: is more pages better?
    Hi everyone,

I know that original content is a good way to build traffic and increase search engine rankings, but does it make a difference whether that content is housed on one page that keeps growing vs. many different pages?

Thanks!

A couple of quick points on this... There are MANY discussions on the value of content on this forum Look them up...

1.) Try not to make your pages too big... Multiple pages is better rather than putting a ton of content below where the users screen goescuts off. Keep whole thoughts and specific topics together though. Say what you have to say.

2.) Word is Google likes sites with many pages. Since this is an affiliate marketing forum, I'll point out that MANY of those pages should be sales related...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

one page per keyword and make your content of quality, If you find yourself talking about something other than the keyword then your page is too long.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Thanks for the advice, guys.

I feature various items in this particular section of my site, and I kept adding the new spotlight items on the same page. I think I may start creating more pages as time goes on - sort of an archival method, if you will.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    one page per keyword and make your content of quality, If you find yourself talking about something other than the keyword then your page is too long.
    Good advice. Thanks for being generous with your insight Vinny.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Rexanne

Thanks for the kind words, I try to help when I can. This is actually pulled from another source I dont know where I wrote this before maybe my "hot dog theory" Either way it makes sense.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Rexanne

Thanks for the kind words, I try to help when I can. This is actually pulled from another source I dont know where I wrote this before maybe my "hot dog theory" Either way it makes sense.
    Makes sense and is, in fact, accurate. "One keyword per page" allows for potential top SE placement of an individual page which will will draw more visitors to the overall site, etc.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Good one. Now I can start thinking on how to write this thing and how to better build my website.

Thnx nyfalcon

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread