Getting indexed by Google
    I've heard lots of talk of the Google "sandbox" and how it takes many sites 3 to 6 months to get indexed. Is it a good sign that my site was picked up by Google after a month? I was really expecting it to take longer, but maybe everything I read about the sandbox theory was just exaggerated?

Hopefully this means I'm doing *something* right....although I'm really not sure!

Donít worry about what others have said, if you have managed to start getting quality free traffic from google, youíve done good. As long as it is the targeted traffic to the subject that you want.
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

Google will often crawl a site for months before updating its index. The famous "sandbox effect" does not mean that google does not crawl your site, merely that your pages will not appear in the result pages, or that deep linked pages will not appear. Often, your homepage will appear in the index pretty quickly.

If your pages are updated regularly, the bots will be back more frequently.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Gingerbread, Are you running more than one web site that has ranked well in Google for its target(s) previously? I've seen brand new sites rank for high profile terms quickly...especially when they are pointed to by a site with a good rep(web)utation...some remain high ranked, and others settle in comfortable below..but high PR (SE exposed) web sites can jump start a relevant new site big time. Just a thought..

And.. yeah, Sandbox Smandbox.

GBM

If anyone can show me a google sandbox I will belive it then. I have never seen one so I belive it does not exist!! never did! My average now for having the big G visit a new site is 3 days, Of course I cannot share how this is done as my competion is watching
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbread
    I've heard lots of talk of the Google "sandbox" and how it takes many sites 3 to 6 months to get indexed. Is it a good sign that my site was picked up by Google after a month? I was really expecting it to take longer, but maybe everything I read about the sandbox theory was just exaggerated?

Hopefully this means I'm doing *something* right....although I'm really not sure!
    I think it all depends and I don't know on what.
    Google didn't crawl my personal blog for well over a year.
    My hockey blog, google crawled it and was indexed within a week.
    The important thing is that google started and doesnt stop crawling the sites.

I don't think Google has officially defined the "sandbox", but I've got my own theory about what it is. I think it's just the lack of consistent incoming links. Some sites may rank well up front due to a good link or two from the webmaster's existing sites. This may be enough to put the site in a few good #1 slots, but if links of that quality aren't consistently being generated the site falls from the top. Google may even require a bigger surge than before to get the site back up just because it failed to generate enough links the first time. I think Google is just giving another site the opportunity to soar. Some sites catch on quickly while others take their time. But if you can generate a strong following and a dedicated audience, Google will treat you better.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

My original subdomain from ISP hosting has a pagerrank of 4

I took my name and created a domain -- that site has a pagerrank of 2

My domain name site is supposed to be the main one, but Google loves the ISP subdomain
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Snib you hit it right on the head with that post!
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Spot on above. When I would set up a new site, if all the incoming links were from my sites, primarily off topic, I'd sit there with just the homepages Sans description in Google for a long time.

But a new site with great inbound links from OTHER peoples websites, highly targetted, misses the "sandbox". My most recent site, because of large amounts of incoming links from a related authority forum (no... not ABW... ), went to PR5 with 962 pages fully indexed in one month.

So there you have it.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

OK, time for a few dumb question. First, how do you find out if google or anyother search engine has crawled your site? Second, how do you find out a page rank? I realize if I type in a search term and my site shows up on the first couple of pages, I can see what the ranking is. But, If my sites is number 546 on page 78, I don't think I'll ever find it. So is there a tool to where and if I rank on a site?

Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Thanks Neil,
    I'll look at them.

Thanks all - seems like it's different for everyone, and depends on several (mysterious) factors.

Gary: I just have the one site, and I'm not sure how I ended up getting indexed relatively fast considering I only have a couple of other people's mid-PR sites linking to mine. So far I'm still at a PR of 0. Can't WAIT to see that go up!

Neil: any idea what the result means when you type in your URL on the main page at prsearch.net? I get a 2/10, but there's no explanation whatsoever. Hmmm...

It shouldnt be different. We, Affiliates should know those factors, and They shouldnt be mysterious !!!

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread