Dell Home Now Paying November 05 Commissions In April 06
    Wow, another example why affiliate programs need 3rd party handling. Maybe someone should have the SEC check out their quarterly statement. We need to make the quarter so we will $%#@@ all of our affiliates first. Wonder if Time Warner gets the same treatment as all of you scum affiliates. Have fun waiting 5 months for your money, hope we don't screw up our links or reports again before then. Please call your state attourney general and report this. They are under a legal agreement to pay you timely.

I was wondering if anyone was going to say something abou this, and how appropriate that MickeyMouse pointed it out.

"From Dell:
    Dear Valued Affiliates:

Due to an invoicing error, November payments are delayed. We estimate payments will be disbursed in April. We express our regrets for this error.

Your December payment will also arrive in April and will arrive before your November payment.

Again, we apologize for this error and any inconvenience."

Okay, keeping everyone up to date is good, but it really puts a glaringly bad situation out for everyone to see.

Dell is not the only merchant to have slow payments in that timeframe. Cabelas, just paid affiliates' October commissions. What next?

Fred

What would Dell or Cabelas do if we purchased there products and sent them a email saying that our payments to them would be 5-6 months late and "sorry for any inconvenience"?

This is even better.

Dear Dell :

Due to an oversite in my checking account, November payments are delayed. I estimate payments will be sent in April, after I get my tax return. I express my regrets for not having enough money in my account when I ordered from you.

Your December payment will also arrive in April and will arrive before your November payment.

Again, I apologize for this error and any inconvenience.
    Thanks, Mike

Now the Dell sales have stopped reporting this month. Is Dell having problems with their reporting again?
    March report:
    7,034 493 7.01% 1 2 0 0.20% $447.20 $4.47
    compared to December report:
    170,159 11,559 6.79% 260 1,907 102 2.25% $233,216.69 $6,070.11

Thumbs down It's just not right
    They can build computers but can't send out a simple payment once a month? Also, a company this size should have no problem sending out such a small percentage of their profits to the people who pushed the sale to them. Another reason why some merchants should be required to PREPAY. We spend our time efforts and sometimes money to send sales to them and they just send payments whenever they get around to it. I don't promote Dell anymore. Not worth my time for such a small percentage that I might not see for months. Legit employers don't say "I'll try to pay you next month".

(financing aside) Can I buy a new laptop and just tell them that I will try to send the payment next month? If there is a problem, I will try to get it to them the following month. And not charge me a penalty or late fee or interest. Didn't think so.
    Last edited by dpl882; March 6th, 2006 at 03:48 PM. Reason: grammer. added

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hello scottfromco,

I have asked the Dell Account Manager to investigate the issue you mentioned above. As soon as there's an update I will post it.

Regards,

LinkShare Moderator

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Should be no problem communicating to the Dell account mgr and affiliate manager ... they're probably sitting in a cubicle next to yours for years. I've assumed they are run in-house by Linkshare since 1998.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I just told my mortgage company that I had made an error in my check book and I will be 5 months late in making my mortgage payment. They had the nerve to tell me that they would take my house back and ruin my credit. All this for a simple little check book error. These people need to lighten up, its only money.

I realize we don't have the big brand name that Dell does, but I just don't get this. How can you hold out this long on paying your affiliates?

Makes you wonder how many people they actually have working in their affiliate department.....

They normally wait like 90 days to allow for returns. It seems that the larger the business, the less affiliate friendly. But on the other hand, it's a whole lot easier to promote the big names.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

First payment for March showed up today and Dell's November payment was included, so I guess they heard the complaints and realized it doesn't take 2 months to fix an invoicing error.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Dell Reporting..
    Hello scottfromco,

I heard back from the Dell team and after some investigation they determined, they have seen no delays or errors in their reporting. You can feel free to direct any specific inquiries relating to reporting should to the affiliate team at Dell.

Regards,

LinkShare Moderator

Now Dell Home is moving to Commission Junction. I wonder if the error was Dell or Linkshare. This will signal the end of late payments.

Hey MikeyMouse where did you hear about Dell Home moving networks? I hadn't seen that anywhere else..

Dell is moving, where did that come from? haven't seen anything about that, please clarify

Cool
    Dell has a 1 day return policy. I would not put up a dell link if they paid me, which of course since they do not wish to pay, they have hoisted themselves on their own petard.

Quote Originally Posted by buy_online
    I was wondering if anyone was going to say something abou this, and how appropriate that MickeyMouse pointed it out.

"From Dell:
    Dear Valued Affiliates:

Due to an invoicing error, November payments are delayed. We estimate payments will be disbursed in April. We express our regrets for this error.

Again, we apologize for this error and any inconvenience."

Okay, keeping everyone up to date is good, but it really puts a glaringly bad situation out for everyone to see.

Dell is not the only merchant to have slow payments in that timeframe. Cabelas, just paid affiliates' October commissions. What next?

Fred
    Well, Dell Home is still showing no December payment made in the merchant payment history. Also the December payment did not come before the November payment as stated. There also has been zero communication from Dell or Linkshare on this invoicing error since this email was sent from Dell on 2/22/2006.

Can someone update us on this issue?

Dell Payments
    I heard through the vine that Jan and Dec will be paid in may. Jan probably coming before the Dec payment.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread