Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Question Where do you all talk politics?
    I been bad, AGAIN! LOL!!

I am about to get booted from a place where I buy advertising!! So, I better stop posting.

I would rather talk with you guys, anyway.
    You are just plain smarter than those whiney assed, PC, cry babies.

I said that a certain group currently in the news just needs to get la*d, which IMHO is the truth of the matter.

Some took exception.

Need a refuge! Where do you all talk politics?

I figure if they can put up with you, they can put up with me!
    Last edited by SSanf; February 23rd, 2006 at 10:28 AM.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

You been bad again ..... naaaaaahhhhhhhh, I can't imagine it! LOL
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Yep, 'fraid so.

For shame on my sorry rear.

I need invites to YOUR politics board!!

No takers??!!!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    You can join www.anncoulter.com or www.aljazeera.com and post away.
    Last edited by ecomcity; February 23rd, 2006 at 12:12 PM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

UH...Thanks. I will take a look. But, I am not looking to buy Steel Products

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    LOL www.aljazera.com "Al Jazera Factories for Steel Products"

I wonder if they get any sales from people ending up there by mistake?

[Edit: Darn, typed too slow]

.... corrected common mispelling of the muslim spin machine.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    At home. It's safer that way. <elg>

Internet Cowboy
    Politically I feel like a Wally in a Beaver world. Many of my friends seem to be opposite of me politically
    I am amazed at the number of brilliant people I know who are just WRONG politically

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I am amazed at the number of brilliant people I know who are just WRONG politically
    You sound like someone else I know

Bridgett

ABW Ambassador
    Trying to figure out what forum Bush joined that gave him the bright idea to hand over control of our ports to a foreign country?

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Trying to figure out what forum Bush joined that gave him the bright idea to hand over control of our ports to a foreign country?
    It was an oil deal
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Oh, I didn't know there was a forum for CI's.

Bridgett

Be careful, or you'll get this thread closed.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    I have a lot of fun at http://domainstate.com/forumdisplay.php3?s=&forumid=44 but since the number of Bush apologists is dwindling by the day - http://www.surveyusa.com/50State2006...16Approval.htm - it's starting to be slim pickings.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Politically I feel like a Wally in a Beaver world. Many of my friends seem to be opposite of me politically
    Guess that leaves out the most powerful person in the world...

ABW is full of political threads over the years. I'm still batting with 100% accuracy what will happen in this volitile world ...well before the events... to the chagrin of those who oppose my views and predictions. Go ahead and fine one thing I predicted that didn't come to pass including calling the Iraq and ME Civil War that is unfolding now....back in Nov 2004. http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=22090

If you want to know what will, and did happen, then carefully search and read the closed ABW political posts. Good start would be my overall plea to lasting World Peace ... Disarm Islam ... http://forum.abestweb.com/search.php?searchid=348197

How current can you get with October 2004 forsight... http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=21978&page=3

There is nothing more volitile to talk about than politics with a group of people who normally 'act their age' otherwise. I am as guilty as the next party in feeding the freenzy and apologize now for anything I might have said in the past, or what I can't stop my fingers from posting in the future My eldest daughter and I can no longer really carry on a good conversation. It seems that any subject we do get on winds up on why things are the way the are in this world and we are at two very far differences of opinions on that reason. I think she has been brainwashed, and she thinks I'm living in the dark ages. But what are kids for but calling you ancient in a round about way? LOL

Anyways, everyone has an opinion, and if it differs from yours, it isn't necessarily that they are wrong and you are right. But it is a crying shame that the one force that keeps this country going turns out to be a topic that causes friction.

Bridgett

I try not to talk politics online as the hide-behind-your-avatar element makes it too volatile and meaningless. I either don't do it, or occasionally encroach upon it with my real-world friends in which case we all nod in agreement or some-one changes the conversation or not depending on the level of alcoholic imbibement.

I sometimes rant and spout forth (subtly I always feel though - no really) in my newsletter that goes out from one site I run, I always know when I touch a nerve as the "unsubscribe" goes up along with the "well done, we enjoy receiving you newsletter" replies.

I love to talk politics, but it seems like those with the opposite opinions are as unlikely to change their views as I am.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    There is nothing more volitile to talk about than politics with a group of people who normally 'act their age' otherwise.
    You've never checked out a flamewar between Baptists and athiests, I see

While fun to watch, those get old because, unlike politics, there doesn't seem to be anything *new* to argue about on that topic.

Thanks, I am checking out one place that was recomended and will look at the others.

I really didn't like all the whiney assed, cry babies at the other place, anyway.

They were always depressed, cutting themselves, dealing with child protective services and sapping everyone else's energy, anyway.

There were some normal, stable people but way too many who weren't.

I am more interested in politics. Guess, I am just not the ((((HUGS))) type. So, it was getting me down.

I mainly posted a lot because that is where much of my market is.

Hopefully, some of these other places will be more uplifting. ABW does not support politics any more and I still want to talk about those non-work related things which interest me. I would have much rather it was with you guys, though.

I have always liked the group here best.

SSanf, you could always ask Haiko, to start one. I'd post, and discuss.
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

ABW Ambassador
    There was one, down below. It was shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    You've never checked out a flamewar between Baptists and athiests, I see
    Oh, I have. But today I find if you are talking about politics somehow religion gets thrown in the fire as well. This thread was on politics, I just left the other out.

Asbestos undies are very uncomfortable, so I try and stay away from such wars. Notice I said try, sometimes I don't succeed.

Bridgett

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast