Stolen ID?
    Is it a parasite or is someone trying to impersonate me? Over the past two weeks, I keep getting affiliate sign up messages for a guy named Blake Phillips, who is using (stealng) my email address and domain to apply for affiliate programs.

I am constantly emailing the affiliate program managers telling them that there is no Blake Phillips in my company and to delete the account. I never hear back from the affiliate managers.

Actually one lady did write back to say that someone had signed up using my information, she wouldn't give me any information to combat this.

Any ideas?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    if these merchants are in a network, inform the network of what's happening...

is a difficult problem to combat via aff managers, you'll have to fight it with each one as they have little interest beyond their own program and little ability to "see" what all this person is doing with other merchants.

Not IN Networks
    I don't think these are in network with Cj or Linkshare because I cannot locate them. But The last two I got this guy signed up for Citysearch.com and Eyeservenetwork.com

I replied to both telling them they need to close these accounts because they were opened with falsified information.

I wish I would've kep the 15 or so other accounts. I thought it was spam at first since none of the Affiliate managers replied to me when I sent them a notice. I am now printing out every email so that I can try to fight it in court if need be.

I am also going to check into identity theft and see how I can catch this person. I was given contact information on him from one company but when I called the number, it was a dead phone number.

Any ideas what to do next?

The emails I keep getting say Blake Philipps, Blake, or Mr. Phillips and I was given an address of California.

Thanks

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    google the address and see what you can find from there.

and you're saying he uses that name, your email and website domain name and an address in california? should be able to track him down by name and address...

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread