Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    When will I get paid?
    Will payments be processed today or tomorrow because Monday was a holiday? I wasn't sure if Presidents Day was considered a holiday that would delay the payment processing.

i think we can expect the 2nd payment in 24-25

Maybe it's time for a sticky thread. This some question seems to comes up twice a month. I've changed the title and made it a sticky thread.

LinkShare runs their payment batches on or around the 8th and 22nd each month. It may vary a few days either way, and it may take up to 3-5 business days from start to end. You never know for sure when it's going to start or end, but typically it's safe to say that they'll be in the mail or bank by the 14th and 28th.

Keep in mind that merchants typically pay LinkShare 30 (or more) days after the end of the month. Some (particularly Dell) pay more like 90+ days out. We don't get paid until the merchant pays LinkShare.

The first step, which we don't see, is the cutoff. All wire transfers received from merchants by the day before the cutoff will be included. All checks received and cleared from the merchants by the day before the cutoff will be included. LinkShare holds checks about a week to make sure they clear, so checks basically need to be received by around the 1st or 15th from merchants to be in the batch. Very few merchants use wire transfers, unfortunately, so this delay applies to most merchants.

Processing typically takes one or two business days after the cutoff. The payment usually appears in the Affiliate Payment Summary in Synergy Analytics during this time. The date doesn't usually correlate with the actual check or direct deposit.

Once processing is complete, the batch is sent to their bank and direct deposits and checks are usually sent within one or two business days.

So, basically, the first payment of the month should be in the bank or mail by about the 14th for all checks LinkShare received by the 1st. The second payment of the month should be in the bank or the mail by the 28th for all checks LinkShare received by the 15th. Not the most streamlined process, but that's how it is.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I have only been an affiliate for a few months now. I knew about the holidays delaying payments but I wasn't sure which were holidays to LS. The consensus seems to also be that Synergy Analytics is useless and I wasn't seeing any aff or merchant payments posted. There also seems to be a number of posts of people being missed at payment time or payment wasn't sent correctly (mail vs DD), etc. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be one of those. Does LS consider a holiday if the banks are closed that day? This was a good sticky for new affiliates.

I think LinkShare follows a pretty typical holiday schedule, similar to banks.

In this case, I don't think the holiday on the 20th should have had any impact, because they normally don't start the process until around the 22nd.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

And to give LS credit, they have been pretty much on time with payments.

Yes, they did screw up with payments earlier this month and, for some unexplained reason they will not devulge, many affiliate got a check instead of direct deposit, but that has not been the normal case of events I believe.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Maybe this question should be in its own thread, but I'll try it here.

After reading this thread I logged into LinkShare and clicked on the "Payment Report" link. On the page that pops up I noticed that the most recent time period that can be selected is February '05. A year ago! I just started promoting a handfull of LinkShare merchants in January after having avoided the network for years. Am I doing something wrong, or does everyone's payment report show last year's date at the top? Also, are the numbers (or lack there of) that shows under "commissions due to be paid this month" for the current month or for February '05??

This is the sort of reason I haven't messed with LinkShare in so long. Paying affiliates seems to be only an afterthought with LinkShare.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

That's when they switched over to Consolidated Payments and Synergy Analytics. You'll need to log into Synergy Analytics (which is down all weekend for upgrades) to see any payments since February 2005.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    That's when they switched over to Consolidated Payments and Synergy Analytics. You'll need to log into Synergy Analytics (which is down all weekend for upgrades) to see any payments since February 2005.
    Thanks, Michael!

If Synergy (Anti-)Analytics ever comes up again, I'll try looking for payment info there. It seems like they would put some sort of explanation on the "Payment Report" page or get rid of the link alltogether. Of course, they've only had one full year to fix it.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Where do I need to go to login? I can't see a link to use.
    Have a nice day. :cheerful:
    Mike
    [url=http://www.dmags.com/]My Site[/url]

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Synegy Analytics
    Good Morning Mike,

There are a couple of places within your account to access Synergy Analytics. The easiest place would be in your Run Reports tab. Once there scroll to the bottom of the page to the Reporting Controls section and you
    will see the Synergy Analytics icon.

To view information about your commission check please view the Affiliate Payment Summary found in the Network Transaction Analysis section of Synergy Analytics.

Regards,

LinkShare Moderator

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Can you PLEASE do something about payment notification in SA!

When I logged in on the 10th, and cliked whatever report tells me how much direct deposit is...

I clicked "October"

and it said ZERO results

which I assumed meant none of my merchants paid

When I logged onto Bank of America this morning... there's a pending Linkshare direct deposit

While I appreciate the pleasant suprise, it's frustrating as heck - STILL after all your improvements - not knowing

if we'll be paid

when we'll be paid

how much we'll be paid...

until after the fact

and while I'm (not) complaining, the 8th should mean the 8th, not the 13th

and the 20th should not mean first week of next month

Must be payday at Linkshare. How do I know?

SA gives me the screen it gives every payday:

Alert
    The SynergyAnalytics application is currently unavailable.

Please check back again soon.

Funny how an error/unavailable screen means a good thing for us.

ABW Ambassador
    Personally, I think this game of hiding the amounts that merchants owe, and keeping the payday information a secret adds an air of excitement to working with linkshare merchants. It is really cool. You make a sale, then get to sit there and wonder if you will ever get paid the commission. Sometimes commissions show up, but you don't know how to track them back to sales and are unclear if you received all commissions due.

It is an ingenious system. It is kind of like the troop surge in Iraq. You its all going to work just fine ... you just don't know how.

I asked Linkshare recently when I would receive my payment, since I'm over the payment threshold.

They replied and confirmed that I was over the threshold and that they would pay me "just as soon as they received payment from the merchants".

Is this typical of LS?

I don't get this treatment from CJ or SAS, and I think it's really lame.

ABW Ambassador
    Rick, something doesn't make sense. How can you be over your payment threshold if the merchants haven't paid Linkshare?

Easy. Payment threshold for Linkshare is $50, and I've made more than that.... $10 here, $15 there, etc, etc...

So I email Linkshare to ask them when they'd send the payment, and they replied with "when we get payment from each merchant".

Does that make sense?

ABW Ambassador
    No, it doesn't. Unless those merchants show they have paid Linkshare in Merchant Payment History in SynergyAnalytics, there is nothing for Linkshare to pay you. It's no different with any other network.

Do the merchants you are referring to show they have paid in Merchant Payment History (amounts that you haven't previously been paid)?

I wasn't aware that information was available, but I'll take a look (and thanks).

I still expect that the network, acting as middleman, will pay out commissions to affiliates monthly regardless... that is, they should handle dealing with payments from merchants, but they shouldn't make affiliates wait in the meantime.

Is that unreasonable?

I have not had to wait with other networks, but I'd like to hear from other affiliates as well.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, Rick, you're being unreasonable. If you have any business sense and think about what you just said, hopefully you'll realize that what you are suggesting is giving merchants free will to allow their invoices from the networks to go unpaid.

To suggest that this is limited to Linkshare, you obviously haven't spent much time reading ABW. There are many posts about payment issues with non-Linkshare merchants.

While I have believed for a long time that the networks don't do enough to force their merchants to pay on time or be terminated, I certainly don't advocate potentially putting the networks out of business which is what would result if they paid affiliates before being paid by the merchant.

When you registered an account with Linkshare, you agreed to their Terms & Conditions.

"11 Payment; Fees
    11.1 Network Merchant Responsible for Payment. You acknowledge that Your entitlement to any compensation reported with respect to any tracked activity (including if reported) is solely a function of the terms of Your agreement with the relevant Network Merchant and that such Network Merchant is solely responsible for its payment. LinkShare is not liable or responsible for payment or collection. This is true even if LinkShare performs the function of processing payments to you on behalf of Network Merchants."

http://ssl.linksynergy.com/php-bin/a...l?aa_locale=us

I suppose you're right, in fact here's another thread recently about a CJ merchant who is late on payment: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=84706

Anyone know when Linkshare will be doing the 20th payments? Being as it's the 22nd, I called, and all I got was "not yet"

ABW Ambassador
    Refer to post #3 above. It begins on the 22nd, not the 20th.

OK! Today's the 22nd. Anyone know when we'll be paid

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast