Problems with Stamps.com
    Anyone else having problems with commissions from Stamps.com?

My husbands secretary signed up his LAW office through MY link and have placed 8 orders so far.. I have gotten no credit for the sale and get NO support from CJ.

Is this why postal workers go POSTAL?...coz I tell ya.. I'm about to

Unfortunately stamps.com has recurring tracking problems. They have always been good about crediting orders with receipts, though, so keep bugging them.

Quote Originally Posted by tmmmandm
    Anyone else having problems with commissions from Stamps.com?

My husbands secretary signed up his LAW office through MY link and have placed 8 orders so far.. I have gotten no credit for the sale and get NO support from CJ.

Is this why postal workers go POSTAL?...coz I tell ya.. I'm about to

Stamps.com = going postal
    Quote Originally Posted by rampguy
    Unfortunately stamps.com has recurring tracking problems. They have always been good about crediting orders with receipts, though, so keep bugging them.
    Thanks Ramp,

But it has been over 60 days so far. How long does it take?

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I thought they left CJ? They are in my deactivated report.

I received a "special terms and conditions" notice just a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson992
    I thought they left CJ? They are in my deactivated report.
    Not mine.. they still show active and I can track links

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    I received a "special terms and conditions" notice just a few days ago.
    I found this in "offers pending":
    "Partners receive reporting of all trials driven from their site. However, payment is based on SALES (successful billing of the customers credit card after trial period). Within 30 days, Stamps.com will compile all this data, report the information to you, and provide payment based on your sales.
    Action Referral Period 45 day(s) "

So IT SAYS within 30 days I should have been credited!

WELL THE FIRST PAYING ORDER WAS DECEMBER 15.. AND THERE HAVE BEEN 6 SINCE THEN.

Maybe they meant to say 300 days!

Wink
    Just an FYI...

I called customer service this morning. I told the guy who was helping me that I was having a payment problem and before he even looked up my acct his first response was "You wouldn't happen to be promoting Stamps.com would you?"

I dont promote Stamps.com but obviously there are a lot of problems with that program if that was the first thing that he wanted to know.
    Last edited by valenkim; February 24th, 2006 at 04:42 PM.

Fool me once....
    Quote Originally Posted by valenkim
    Just an FYI...

I called customer service this morning. I told they guy who was helping me that I was having a payment problem and before he even looked up my acct his first response was "You wouldn't happen to be promoting Stamps.com would you?"

I dont promote Stamps.com but obviously there are a lot of problems with that program if that was the first thing that he wanted to know.
    So why are they still activated? Does CJ care about their affiliates getting screwed????

My theory is that CJ doesnt care about the publisher. They care about their own bottom line.

If you promote the links for Stamps.com and you dont get paid you have lost money on that traffic that you could have made with another merchant instead. But CJ hasnt really invested anything themselves to get that traffic for the merchant so if they eventually get paid thats profit. If they dont get paid they havent actually lost anything. If they deactivate the merchant they have no chance of making any money. So the result is that their goals are not in line with the publisher's goals.

My question is this... if CJ isn't going to get the merchants to keep their account funded properly then why don't the AT LEAST require a substantial deposit or a revolving credit account for the merchant (they could use a third party bank) so the merchants can't just stop paying or string us along for 30 - 60 - 90 days.

I think CJ is attracting the companies who have payment problems cause the other networks dont put up with that and its now widely known that merchants can get away with almost anything with CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by momoney
    I think CJ is attracting the companies who have payment problems cause the other networks dont put up with that and its now widely known that merchants can get away with almost anything with CJ.
    CJ has payment problems, LS has tracking problems. Performics has other problems...
    how does one make a living with these networks?

Most of the problems are nowhere near as big as people make them out to be. People usually just use them as excuses why they can't succeed.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Most of the problems are nowhere near as big as people make them out to be. People usually just use them as excuses why they can't succeed.
    Maybe Michael,
    but its infuriating when they 'screw' you and there is hardly a thing you can do about it
    it also makes me wonder just how many more times than you realize youre getting shafted

Many times I see affiliates shafting themselves, even before a merchant or network could even get the chance to perform. - Bad copy and paste, bad SEO, bad coding, no traffic, untargetted traffic, banner farms, etc., etc..

(Right Thread )
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Many times I see affiliates shafting themselves, even before a merchant or network could even get the chance to perform. - Bad copy and paste, bad SEO, bad coding, no traffic, untargetted traffic, banner farms, etc., etc..

(Right Thread )
    I'd like to find out what is "Bad copy and paste?"
    Is that when the affiliate doesn't copy the entire code?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

It ain't a pretty thing if it's accidental, but if it's on purple ... well ... then it's just F'ed.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by tmmmandm
    CJ has payment problems, LS has tracking problems. Performics has other problems...
    how does one make a living with these networks?
    privately, make the links and close your eyes, ears and nose. as in, see no evil, hear no evil, smell no evil.

publicly, whine as loud as you can.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.

(Right Thread )
    that reminds me of something that's bugging me for a long time. why is the "Drop Program" link next to the "Get HTML" link at cj? you can easily make a disastrous mistake there especially if you're half awake.

as for copying and coding, i try not to put my cursor on top of a given code to help avoid any accidental and unintentional editing. the only network i'm having problem doing this if BF, but they're going going anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo
    privately, make the links and close your eyes, ears and nose. as in, see no evil, hear no evil, smell no evil.

publicly, whine as loud as you can.
    Maybe I havent had enough coffee yet
    Could you elaborate Waytogo?

tmmmandm,
    I am having trouble with Stamps.Com. They reversed 16 bonus' for reasons known only to them. Trouble is that they only paid me for 9 in the first place. Now, I am out my own money. Talk about affiliates footing the bill. I do have emails in to both CJ and Stamps. Nothing yet.

un *** believable
    copy of email i got from client services:
    Dear tmmmandm,

Stamps.com has notified us that their PC Postage affiliate program only pays for new customer acquisitions, not purchases on their online store. Therefore they have deemed your purchases as outside their affiliate program and not qualified for a commission payment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,
    Client Services

COPY OF EMAIL CONFIRMATION MY HUSBANDS OFFICE GOT FROM STAMPS.COM:
    12/27/05
    Dear ***,

Thank you for signing up for Stamps.com. Your Stamps.com Pro
    Plan account is now active.

Your user name is: *****

SO I GUESS THIS IS NOT A NEW CUSTOMER ACQUISITION??????
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=RoyalBlue]He who asks is a fool for five minutes...but he who does not ask is a fool forever.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] :rolleyes:

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread