Angry System Upgrades Coming
    Ok, since we are all on the warpath with CJ tonight I want to vent about something. Why does CJ always have some major upgrade to implement? Every 3 months they have some big upgrade it seems and they always plan it right around payment time.

In the past two years I have seen little improvement. No one ever tells the affiliates squat about why we are inconvenienced by these upgrades. What are these upgrades for? Do they have bugs they are trying to fix or what?

In my humble opinion some of the latest so called upgrades have made things worse when it comes to reporting. The new interface for reporting is so freaking confusing it makes you want to pull your hair out!

And is the technology all they care about? Maybe they need to spend less time upgrading their software and more time on customer service with the affiliates.

Ah well, when they do an upgrade they usually manage to remove one or two useful features, or pointlessly move things around so you can no longer find them. (I've still not found the old-style individual transaction reports that I used to use).

valenkim, you're right. You know, some of the best affiliate networks have the simplest interfaces. Give me a way of deeplinking to every page on the merchant's site, a datafeed, a few nice banners in different sizes and some easy-to-use reports so I can see how much money I'm making, and I'd be happy.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamoo
    Give me a way of deeplinking to every page on the merchant's site, a datafeed, a few nice banners in different sizes and some easy-to-use reports so I can see how much money I'm making, and I'd be happy.
    second the motion!

At least they don't do the upgrade before payment time.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Every 3 months they have some big upgrade it seems and they always plan it right around payment time.
    Quarterly reports and meeting come to head and time for them to tinker with what ain't broke.
    Happy to say I have very rarely had payment problems with cj. (DD)
    Reporting errors is another thing all together...
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread