Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Red face Things you don't need to hear before you get on a 20 hour flight...
    So I called my wife just before I left Vancouver, you know "Hey honey, getting on the plane, see you in about 20 hours, kiss kiss kiss..."

To which the correct reply is

"Great, see you soon, take care, love you, kiss kiss kiss...."

NOT

"Alex has broken his leg....!"

Naturally my reply had 400 odd passengers giving me the eyeball and airport security edging my way...

Apparently managed to get his foot stuck in the spokes of the back wheel of his nieces bicycle and broke his leg just above the ankle... not an uncommon break I hear.....

Anyway he's fine, foot in a huge cast and living up a life of having servants (aka Mum and Dad) to carry him everywhere and carry out his every desire.

Not sure how bad the break is, I'll see the xray sunday.... but he's going for a record now, not even four and he's broke an arm , a leg and had 9 stitches.... insurance is gonna nail me next year

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Chris ...
    Hope everything is fine, and he recovers soon...
    You better take him along when you go for the next affiliate Gathering... He can learn his dad's job and be safe with you...
    Cheers,

Harry.
    Mondera Affiliate Manager
    http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/
    Winner of the LinkShare 2004 Golden Link Awards "Affiliate's Choice Award"
    Winner of the 2002 Abestweb.com "Best Affiliate Program Award"

hope everything is ok Chris.
    sorry to say but when i read this
    it did bring a small grin to my face ... why ??
    it so much was me when i was a kid.
    i was always in the wars
    broken arm , broken ankle,
    hole through my cheek, that you could poke a finger through.
    stomach pumped for alcahol at the age of 5 .
    numorous other scrapes.
    i was my parents nightmare.
    but guess what ?? .. it was great growing up.
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Sounds like a boy!

I fell out of a tree and broke my arm when I was about four. When I went back (with a cast on) for my first checkup with the doctor, he asked if I had been back up in the tree. I gave him a sheepish grin and shook my head yes.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thank God most of the things my son damaged were only possessions, and not himself personally (but he did enough of that too)

By the time he was 3 (now 12) he:

jammed the ac slot in my car by "feeding" it quarters (he thought it was a ride from DiscoveryZone)
    jammed the vcr by stuffing his sisters' earrings into it
    Knocked over and busted a huge pottery lamp that I had brought back from Mexico
    broke the dishwasher by using a key as a lever to "get the 'money' out of the hole" .. it wasnt money...it was a mechanism
    ate broken glass.. this resulted in 48 hours in the hospital for observation
    scratched his cornea by opening a bag of cookies with scissors as i brought int he groceries
    ate a clam shell at the beach and ended up with salmonella
    stabbed his father with a syringe..that he grabbed out of the nurses hand as she was giving him a shot
    ....and so much more tht its making my head spin...
    BUT the best yet is that my incredibly intelligent son who has an iq over 150 and can carry on an in depth conversation with any adult he meets and has tremendous common sense....
    SPRAYED PEPPER SPRAY IN HIS FACE (3 WEEKS AGO)....
    BECAUSE HE WANTED TO SEE WHAT IT WAS LIKE!!!!!

I hope all is well with your boy! I have a son too and am terrified of the fall off the bike, or out of a tree times that are sure to come. I dislocated my hip when I was his age and was pretty excited to have to be carried around for 6 weeks. Is he milking it for all it's worth? "Daddy, I bet I'd feel better if I could eat cookies for breakfast..."

Anytime you call your spouse (or they call you) and the first sentence is "Are you sitting down?", your best bet is to quickly sit down.

http and a telephoto
    Chris that is certainly NOT something you want on your mind during that long of a trip. I have had similar calls, but wasn't quite as far away. For a parent, any call that says your child is hurt and you aren't with them is a nightmare. Especially when really bad things end up happening and you weren't there.

Alex will be fine, young kids mend quickly ...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Chris, thats terrible news to hear, especially when you are away from home. Hope everything goes well. Does you son drink much milk?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Oh Lordy - What must have been going through your mind all the way home! :-(

When my firstborn was 3 weeeks old, I was at the OB/GYN for a check up and complaining about having "lost my life." at which point, the doctor said to me:
    "Parenthood sucks. Better get used to it."

Gee, nice to know AFTER the fact!

Hope your son heals quickly and that all was better than you hoped when you arrived home Chris.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by tmmmandm
    Thank God most of the things my son damaged were only possessions, and not himself personally (but he did enough of that too)

By the time he was 3 (now 12) he:

jammed the ac slot in my car by "feeding" it quarters (he thought it was a ride from DiscoveryZone)
    jammed the vcr by stuffing his sisters' earrings into it
    Knocked over and busted a huge pottery lamp that I had brought back from Mexico
    broke the dishwasher by using a key as a lever to "get the 'money' out of the hole" .. it wasnt money...it was a mechanism
    ate broken glass.. this resulted in 48 hours in the hospital for observation
    scratched his cornea by opening a bag of cookies with scissors as i brought int he groceries
    ate a clam shell at the beach and ended up with salmonella
    stabbed his father with a syringe..that he grabbed out of the nurses hand as she was giving him a shot
    ....and so much more tht its making my head spin...
    BUT the best yet is that my incredibly intelligent son who has an iq over 150 and can carry on an in depth conversation with any adult he meets and has tremendous common sense....
    SPRAYED PEPPER SPRAY IN HIS FACE (3 WEEKS AGO)....
    BECAUSE HE WANTED TO SEE WHAT IT WAS LIKE!!!!!
    Oh man ... - You could choose look at his spraying his face with pepper spray to know what it feels like as a kind of SMART choice. He now knows, doesn't he? Lesson learned. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Oh man ... - You could choose look at his spraying his face with pepper spray to know what it feels like as a kind of SMART choice. He now knows, doesn't he? Lesson learned. :-)
    LOL Rexanne,

I now know I have to hide all new sharp devices

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Thanks for all the good wishes and stories. He's always drunk a lot of milk so no worries there and he doesn't seem very worried about the break a all....

I'm just glad she called my Mum when it happened and not me, as he was screaming pretty loudly at the time my Mum tells me and that 8000 mile distance would have been very very painful!

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Thanks for all the good wishes and stories. He's always drunk a lot of milk so no worries there and he doesn't seem very worried about the break a all....

I'm just glad she called my Mum when it happened and not me, as he was screaming pretty loudly at the time my Mum tells me and that 8000 mile distance would have been very very painful!

Cheers

Chris
    Good to know everything's all right Chris. You can tell him you came home just to see his boo boo. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Thank goodness he is ok Chris, but can you try to imagine what he might have done if you would have stayed another week in Vancouver? Let's not ponder the possiblities...

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread