Befree vs CJ
    As a site builder, I find the CJ links and search for links to be 1. Slow, 2. Limited or 3. Overwhelming.

I like to deep link, product link and so forth, which is why the Befree Partner Gateway interface is so much easier and preferred by me. You can often put in a product number, a page url, etc. and out comes your link. The advantage with CJ is the clear performance record of the various links. But it's time consuming and limiting, I feel. Anyone with me on this?

So since they are now merged, is there any way to get the same usability of Befree with the merchants that are only listed at CJ?

Also, I asked a question about moving pages to a new subdomain. Will I need to create new links to get credit?

ABW Ambassador
    actually, cj's deep linking is superior than bf.

but there are merchants at cj who chose not to have this feature. i don't know why.

but i could have promoted them more if i am not limited by their premade links.

WTG,

If you run into that again ask the advertiser if they have tried to enable that on the CJ platform. If i'm correct, sometimes this can't be done and still track properly, based on the design of the advertisers website.

At other times i've seen advertisers that have only one link that allows the redirection, where as the rest are for the given landing page.

There were many things that were superior to BeFree, and it's a real shame that CJ is leaving that platform to die on the vine without implementing any of the good features into CJ. The Offer Management System is incredible. Some of the reports are incredibly useful. The categorization/grouping of links is helpful.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbshouse
    WTG,

If you run into that again ask the advertiser if they have tried to enable that on the CJ platform. If i'm correct, sometimes this can't be done and still track properly, based on the design of the advertisers website.

At other times i've seen advertisers that have only one link that allows the redirection, where as the rest are for the given landing page.
    i asked the advertizers why they don't have it. their responses range from "they're thinking about it" to no reponse at all.

and before i asked, i looked for that dedicated link that you mentioned, or checked every available link to see which one has that feature.

there are indeed merchants that do have the dedicated link, while others enabled the url-redirect in some category-specific link that is not easily recognizable as url-redirect enabled.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    The categorization/grouping of links is helpful.
    nice, but you can only make one link at a time. whereas at cj, you can make as many as you want in just one click. and copying a link takes only one click too.

ABW Ambassador
    Making links is worse though at ShareASale

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo
    Making links is worse though at ShareASale
    I'm not too enthralled with the direct product search or the direct product generating capability at ShareASale, I was hoping for better box

The problem with the CJ search is sometimes I will input the keyword "widget" but in addition to the products from widget merchants that I can promote that result, every related product the widget seller who declined my application will appear on the search as well

Overall the CJ search & generate capability is good but it takes a while for me to generate the results because I am on dial-up.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Rhia,
    Why are you on dial-up? That would drive me absolutely nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by bethany
    Rhia,
    Why are you on dial-up? That would drive me absolutely nuts!
    That's how I started out 10 years ago and that is what I use today.

"Washington (September 23, 2005) The growth in home high-speed internet adoption, after growing quickly in the past several years, has slowed down and is poised to slow even further, according to a new report released by the Pew Internet & American Life Project. " [1]
    Dial-up is actually more economical for me.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Dial-up is actually more economical for me.
    You might think that, but how much do you value your time?

The first day I was on a high speed connection, I was able to get my daily updates done in less than half the time. A high speed connection is an absolutely must for me. Now, I do twice as much and still have time for ABW.

I gladly pay $10/day for one when I'm out of town. I gladly pay two different high speed providers $40+/month so I can have redundant high speed connections at my home office. I've even contemplated $400+/month for a T1 connection in my house so I could have a slightly faster and far more reliable high speed connection for my home office.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I agree with Michael, it's a false economy. I'd get a fraction as much stuff done if it wasn't for broadband, and that would ultimately affect my bottom line.

Professionally speaking, I consider a high-speed connection the first, most necessary tool if you're doing regular web work in any serious capacity.

ABW Ambassador
    it depends on your current level of income.

if you're just starting out, or you haven't found your niche yet, it's economical with dial-up.

as your business grows, you will reach the point when having the dial-up becomes a drag on further income. this is the time to go with high-speed.

several years ago i have a dial-up and an antique computer. if the webpage is really big, i had to wait three hours for it to load. i can put up with that because i can't afford high speed yet. but, time is on my side. i can do other things while waiting. so for all these years i have operated my website in the black.

now i have both broadband and dial-up. it works great because i can test my web page loading speed on low-speed connection, plus, when the connection between me and my server gets screwed (which do happen even in broadband), i have another way of uploading my pages.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I thought I saw a TV Ad where SBC/AT&T/Yahoo DSL is just $12.95 on a special 12 month rate.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread