CJ planning to Steal my Money
    I read threads yanking on CJ that they stole their money. And now its going to happen with me.
    24th, my balance was not deducted for payment of about $2,500 for about 200 sales . So I called CJ Client Services, and I was told that My account is on Red Alert for some Transactions. Well I promote about 10 merchants and I don't have problems with any of them, They reverse any fraudlent transactions made, So I don't get it what is the problem with CJ? there is no room for fraudlent transactions. I don't deal in Pay Per Lead Programs, I used to promote eFax and got about 3-5 leads, but its long way back. I'm so worried right now. I have no alternative, It took me 1 year to get my websites on top for certain keywords and I can't find any good merchant on Shareasale. I'm dead

I also have made $2,300 for this month, so that makes a total of about $5,000 which CJ is going to steal from my account.

Smile
    Check into Linkshare, Commission Soup and Performics.

15 years and counting
    I don't think CJ is dishonest. They are not planning to steal your money. If your account is on Red Alert for some transactions, you need to work with them to solve the problem. You know better than CJ how you're getting your traffic, you have your logs. Work with your merchants to find what's going on.
    I'm sure CJ is using automated tools and you got caught. It could be a mistake. Nobody is perfect. You can't blame them to reverse fraudulent transactions if they can prove it. Do you have an idea why these transactions are reversed? Do you know who is the merchant?
    Work with CJ to find the problem not against them.

ABW Ambassador
    Nabeel

i remember you posting the following

nabeelk
    Check clearance time?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How much time does it take for clearance for the check of $3,000 . Its 30 days since I have deposited the check and the money havn't yet arrived.

was that check cleared?

Yes that check was cleared in 35 days waytogo.

Do you have an idea why these transactions are reversed? Do you know who is the merchant?
    I asked the person on phone about it and he replied and told me my total earnings. I just emailed the support, hope they reply on time, and I'll again call on monday.

While checking my old sales I have this unusual sale
    $3,580.00 USD $358.00 USD 28-Dec-2005 04:00 PST
    but this sale is 2 months old, its the only sale I have more than $1,000. can this sale raise red flag?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Possibly! Especially if that merchant doesn't usually get big sales. But, if it was bogus, I would have thought they'd reverse just that one...

Another thing that can raise a red flag is if your conversion ratio is a lot higher than other affs.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Hi Nabeel,

It looks like your check was put on Hold for Compliance from our NQ Department. I asked for further assistance from this Department to see if there is any information they can provide regarding this issue. Someone from Client Services or NQ will contact you for further assistance hopefully by Monday.

Thank you for your patience.

Client Services
    NQ Department?? What the hell is NQ?

I think NQ stands for Network Quality, am I right?

Yup, your right good people doing a tough job, just communicate with them and if you haven't done anything wrong i'm sure you'll be fine....it's not like the seceret police or anything ;-)

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by nabeelk
    NQ Department?? What the hell is NQ?
    aaah, yes. i was also about to mention that NQ thing.

most probably, the NQ robot went to your website and found what appears to be a violation of cj terms.

i think the visit is routine for everyone. darn! that robot takes a lot of bandwidth. but earning money so fast can and do raise eyebrows and deserve your website a closer look.

Waytogo, They told me on phone its that its because of flagged transaction(s) in my account, they didn't mention about my websites. I'll call them monday morning and ask for Transaction ID / Commission ID for particular transaction(s). I always stayed away from Pay Per Lead programs, so that I don't get in trouble due to invalid leads. I only have sales, no leads, and any invalid transaction/sale made through my link is charged-back by the advertiser.

I have banned CJ's bots (3 of them by IP address) am I doing something that might come back and poke me in the eye someday?

I will just add I banned them not because I am doing something illegal, which I can asure everyone here I am not, I just banned them because of the bandwidth they used for what appears to be of no benefit to me.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    sorry for the news
    Thats a tuff issue to not get paid on.

good luck
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

So finally I got a response from Network Quality that put me out of worry. I was so worried last 3 days that my parents started asking to me "Is everything alright?", because I was not doing things like normal.
    What comes out is purely CJ's fault as indicated by NQ team.
    "The reply from the person you talked to was not quite correct. The payment was delayed for reasons that go outside of your particular account. Payment will be sent tomorrow, Monday. There was a warning about bad credit card activity back in August 2005, but that was resolved, but it was that warning that triggered the delay. That won't happen next month since I have reset your account internally to not be triggered for a hold by that old warning."
    Whatever happened but, I'm happy now.

ABW Ambassador
    Good to know nabeelk that it worked out in the end and they didn't steal your money
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

If they wanted to steal your money they could do it without your even knowing about it. To grab at it after it's already been credited to you would not be too slick (or efficient). Even streetcorner hustlers are smoother than that.

You are right Chocolate Chicken. but its still their mistake. They put me into situation to say like this.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Whew ... glad to hear everything worked out Nabeel. Rest easy then back to work. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Another thing that can raise a red flag is if your conversion ratio is a lot higher than other affs.
    I got a sale from a merchant at other network in just two hours after I placed a link: 1 click 1 sale. And within 2 weeks or so, my report for this merchant shows 7 clicks 5 sales. I have a few merchants of this kind thing at this network.
    I like sales with less traffic. Yes I am worried that this can raise a red flag, but merchant or network can investigate where the IP addresses of the sales came from. I am much more worried with reversal because reversal can harm merchant reputations in the affiliate’s eyes. I have a bad experience of this reversal thing, deactivated by a merchant that newly registered in a network.
    IRS
    Don't ask why the ball doesn't come.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by IRS
    I got a sale from a merchant at other network in just two hours after I placed a link: 1 click 1 sale. And within 2 weeks or so, my report for this merchant shows 7 clicks 5 sales. I have a few merchants of this kind thing at this network.
    I like sales with less traffic. Yes I am worried that this can raise a red flag, but merchant or network can investigate where the IP addresses of the sales came from. I am much more worried with reversal because reversal can harm merchant reputations in the affiliate’s eyes. I have a bad experience of this reversal thing, deactivated by a merchant that newly registered in a network.
    i also experienced this sort of high conversion before. the merchant emailed me afterwards. they were happy actually. they obviously checked out the transactions, and finding everything ok, emailed me a good note.

it is indeed a red flag in that the merchant will take notice, and then take a closer look at the transactions and your account.

as for reversals harming the merchant's reputation in the affiliate's eyes, it's not really that big anymore because cj removed the reversal rate from the reports, and therefore isolated the reputation thing to only those who experienced it themselves.

what i found unusual is that there are merchants who reverses almost (if not) 100%, and yet has a high network earnings rating. i suspect those commish were given to a few favored affiliates, especially their own, while the rest were reversed.

ABW Ambassador
    what i found unusual is that there are merchants who reverses almost (if not) 100%, and yet has a high network earnings rating.
    Yes, this is the part of cj greens that adds to confusion for affiliates - especially new affiliates. If the sales are reversed, why should it add to the green bars?
    IMHO, if a sales is reversed (for whatever reason), it should not get added to the merchants network earnings ratio.
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo
    as for reversals harming the merchant's reputation in the affiliate's eyes, it's not really that big anymore because cj removed the reversal rate from the reports, and therefore isolated the reputation thing to only those who experienced it themselves.
    Not at other networks like SAS
    Quote Originally Posted by newaff
    IMHO, if a sales is reversed (for whatever reason), it should not get added to the merchants network earnings ratio.
    If they also act as affiliate of their own, they’ll never reverse their sales. Who knows they change our PID with their own.
    IRS
    Don't ask why the ball doesn't come.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread