One Merchant or Many
    I was just curious. How many focus on one program? Focus on many. Focus on one type of product or related. Its a very broad question but love to hear some success stories.

I focus on many -- some closely related, some loosely related.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I've got a few for different websites, but my biggest moneymaker by far is one single merchant. I'm trying hard now to find another that at least matches the success of this one so I'm not stuck if something happens.

Never put all your eggs in one basket...

What's the old saying? Something to do with all your eggs, a basket and don't????

Unless your getting beaucoudles as sign up fee and a massive comm increase, no way Jose.

PS changed Affiliate to Merchant in thread title.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by bethany
    I've got a few for different websites, but my biggest moneymaker by far is one single merchant. I'm trying hard now to find another that at least matches the success of this one so I'm not stuck if something happens.

Never put all your eggs in one basket...
    I know what you mean . . . I have one that is doing very well but some of the backoffice changes make me suspicious that the big ticket items sales are/could be diverted. I'm working on similar lines.

I am taking a new approach and cutting down on my merchants. Why is this you may say? Why would I take a chance of a dirty(parasite filled) merchant popping over my adsense ads Cant make any money that way.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    I am taking a new approach and cutting down on my merchants. Why is this you may say? Why would I take a chance of a dirty(parasite filled) merchant popping over my adsense ads Cant make any money that way.
    nyfalcon, I find your statement interesting.
    I would like that one would make more money from a link created from picture of a "hot product" rather than the adsense "gibberish" but you have a who knows how many AMs are injecting parasites into their ads? How can an affiliate know for sure?

I have resisted Adsense thus far because:
    • I don't want to clutter up my pages
    • Although I have steady traffic, I wonder if it is enough to justify Adsense
    • Websites promoting free hosting seem to do well with Adsense but all my sites are somewhat narrow niches
    • I write a lot about a "certain type of widget" but I am afraid that Adsense might offer ads on "the counter widget" that I do not support
    • That's another thing: loss of control scares me, I don't like the idea that I am not in control of the ads placed by a third party

The reason why I am thinking about "converting" to Adsense is that I want to convert all my webpages to XHTML and Adsense seems to go with XHTML rather nicely

Edit: this post was made in response to nyfalcon but anyone is welcome to chime in
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Rhia, instead of just thinking about it, just try it. If you don't like it, remove it. Simple.

I really dont want to get this thread off subject

Clutter - add a small box to the bottom of your pages.

If you are worried about "Loss of control" then it is not for you. Myself I couldnt care less what G puts on my sites as my pages are highly targeted. I trust the big G on that one.

The counter widget thing is understandable I dont know how to avoid that since none of my "professional content gibberish pages" have ever come across that problem.

One thing that I want to say that there is nothing to lose by trying it.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    As an aff, I have lots of merchants, in lots of categories (some related and some not related at all). Rather than try to predict what'll be the hot seller for the year, I find it's better to just be promoting a lot of different things.

As a merchant, the absolute hardest part was deciding on one category to focus on. I'd love to do like Wal-Mart and just sell nearly everything!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread