Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi Linkshare affiliates,
    Post the names of merchants on linkshare and befree that have paid regularly with-out any delays here.

thanks!

LOL --
    Lets make the world's largest ( or smallest [?] ) human edited directory of linksnare merchants that actually pay!

lmtap.org [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] LOL

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Linksharius payuppus is a very rare species, indeed! Be patient...one MAY be reported. I don't have any to report myself, alas... and I forgot the specifics of previous postings I read.

Don't forgot to ask how long it took to get the CHECK from any reported L. payuppuses!

ABW Ambassador
    actually, coolsavings.com will be my first snare merchant that I have accumulated enough dough with to warrant a check - 53 dollars for the month @ 1 dollar a lead. They have converted at around 10% on the click throughs.

ABW Ambassador
    Good going with 'snare there Chuck.

My current 'snare balance is $1106.29

I've hit the payment level from 3 different merchants, but have never received a cent.

I'm still promoting them though.

The way I look at it is hopefully it will turn up one day & be a nice suprise.
    If they go broke, then maybe I'll get 50 cents in the dollar.. still a decent amount.

Actually one merchant says they posted a check for $375 on 15-Oct, but it's not here yet... oh well..

BTW.. did any of you read the latest cashpile comments.. the CEO of LS was on again, and it appears that LS is moving in a positive direction.. I hope they are, because the programs there are great to promote & actually convert..(well, the ones I've promoted anyway)

Hey, I recently got a check for something or other that I did regarding Snare last May!

I don't even remember using them. So, don't tell me they din't pay. LOL [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    OK I'll make a deal with you -

I'll post one merchant that pays for every one that you post that does not. I guarantee that you will run out before I do.

Furthermore we will see that the places that do not pay are lousy merchants that you should have never recommended to your visitors (shame on you for taking part).

Alrighty then, on to the first merchant:

WALMART.COM is very very reliable and is begining to really respond to affiliate suggestions. It is a great company and one I can recommend to visitors. Only negative is the cookie duration.

The only negative? What was their percent per sale?

I didn't think Linkshare ever paid, but I did get a check from Dell and someone else, but gave up on Linkshare long ago.

My best Merchants are on LinkShare. Just think. A few short months ago I could not have said that.

Jimbo2002--Oooh a challenge.

Okay, but first I must correct the assumption that there should be any shame in accidentally promoting these. Some of them have products that are quite fine from the Buyer's perspective...and of course they don't put out an ad that says WE DON'T PAY, either! And NONE of them had a sign that said "Our product/service SUCKS" either!

Start with infernal PhoneFree. Managed to threaten one check out of 'em, but the second is not to be. It's been over a year now...

Next in mind is Etera, who seemed real great. Until payday. 6 months ago, they sent 4 plants. But still no check!

PrizeGames was always e-mailing me to tell me they "fixed the tracking"...Gee I wonder how come they only registered 2 conversions!

NO CLICKS on Hallmark?!? With a big name like that? During holiday season? Riiight...sure, you bet!

Burpee closed out their program 6 months ago and said they'd pay for ALL sales. I guess they forgot to write the "NOOOTTT"...

YardMart ate down a good 1,800-2000 clicks. NO sales? Riiigght....sure, you bet!

GreatCoffee. Not so great. Dead, in fact! Problem is, your darling LinkSNARE didn't see fit to let anyone know it and neither did the merchant...so that was quite a few GoTo clicks going into a brick wall (grrr!)!!! Of course they didn't bother to send out any checks, either. They just left a "seeking investors" page up. They might have found some by now, but those old Snare bills are long forgotten.

AshLane coffee, 0 conversions.

So technically you could say that this list isn't ALL non-payers--but when a place says 0% CR and there's nothing anti-conversionary showing on their site, they get thrown in the same pot as far as I'm concerned.

I just pulled up my old report. Here's a few more from the kennel of woe:

ThinkLink. That place SUCKED! Unfortunately, I didn't know it sucked until I signed up for the service myself. They disappeared--dead--no pay. Of course I had ripped their links when I found out they sucked.

uGetHeard. Nobody cared. What a dog!! 0% CR.

John Christian Rings. Woof... This might be a legitimate dog...but still yet another dog!

ShopAtHome. 0% CR.

AudioBookClub. Snort! They wouldn't know how to make a sale page to save their neck. 0% CR!

eHits. What an attitude. "We've got a REAL office, we're not working at home!" (Personally I would say they were making an admission of FAILURE with that line, but they were actually quite arrogant about it!) Glad I ripped their links when I read that noise--they were soon DEAD. No warning, of course!

GRANTED, not all of these are crooks. BUT such a bunch of dogs they are! The dogs just seem to gravitate over there by some magical force!!! And yes, I think when 2,000 people go to YardMart and NOBODY buys anything, not even a $10 item, IT'S BULL FERTILIZER!

There's 8 that are either fishy for sure or highly suspect, and 6 plain duds in this list.

Good luck, jimbo. Remember it only counts if you've seen a check! And if you had to wait until H was well frozen to see that check it isn't going to count for much, even if they technically "paid". "Maybe, Someday" doesn't pay bills that are due NOW!!!

Years back I got cash out of Jobs Online only after many nasty emails -- never did get it all though.

SupportKids.com -- get great money off them, never had a problem.

As for the rest, never seen it never will in my opinion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'll post one merchant that pays for every one that you post that does not. I guarantee that you will run out before I do.~jimbo2002<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So where IS it???? Where's the big list???

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

ABW Ambassador
    Add Perfumania.com to the list of Snare programs that don't pay...

They have been suspended ... and havent made a payment since April... I guess thats the 6th merchant that stuck it to me from Snare.

Why to go Linkshare!!!

Regards,
    Dave

ABW Ambassador
    I found a very interesting article about Linksnare. I had vowed never to use them again even before reading this.

Laurens Site

I've got a Linkshare merchants that pays! - International Star Registry.

'Course if they'd put the right name on the check I'd be able to spend it too...

f

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    very interesting read on linkshare (and others) Have added to my bookmarks. I am still new enuff I will have to wait to see if any of this will ring true with any of my merchants.

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: walleye warrior ]

ABW Ambassador
    Hey Leader, I'll give you a few....

buyitontheweb
    american express
    cars direct
    start sampling
    tupperware

I have gotten checks from them all in a timely manner

ABW Ambassador
    I hope youse anti-LinkShare and Befree types did not blow your whole entire load of crappy merchants at once.

Eight more Linkshare merchants that pay to match Leader's 8:

1. Land's End - I don't recommend them though. Catalog retailers are generally good, but only if the cookie is long enough for them to get the catalog and order.

2. LL BEan

3. 1Bookstreet.com - even paid when did not meet the minimum

4. Handspring.com

5. PetFoodDirect.com

6. SharperImage

7&8. Programs managed by ecomworks: J&R.com Cooking.com

Remember, don't attack me if you disagree! Who else is actually recommending good merchants? A very rare occurrence indeed! All these leaches spewing out generalities, but sooooo secretive about specifics like who performs well for them.

Jimbo--Shocked and amazed to see a list! Well, I haven't ran any of those so I won't attack based on those suggestions.

But your accusation of "leeches" certainly deserves it. Just because you opened your virtual mouth and volunteered to give that hot(?) info doesn't mean ANYONE else should be expected to shoot themselves in the foot in the same manner! Not foolishly giving away which are my best performing merchants does not make me a "leech" in any way, and your claims that it does are purely bogus.

Ms. Mary Sunshine--interesting...some of the names on your list are rather unexpected!

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ms. Mary Sunshine--interesting...some of the names on your list are rather unexpected!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True! I could never seem to get a sale for American Express. But the topic is programs that pay on time, which are not necessarily good performers.

Jimbo says Land's End, LL Bean, Sharper Image, American Express pay.

My guess is the really do pay. However, since they all have zero day cookies 99.9% of all their affiliates never see a penny.

Getting credited with a sale is like winning the lottery. We sent 16,000 people to Sharper Image last Xmas when they had that hot scotter product - zero sales.

Sent lots of traffic to American Express - zero sales.

Now I am not too jammed up happy with Linkshare since they and their famous merchants owe us over $100,000 in commissions
    from last year and the first few months of this year.

We have been paid by some Snare merchants - none of which are still active.

You can make some money promoting some of their merchants, but it will be virtual money. You will be lucky to see 5% of they say you made.

Don't believe me...then give them a go and see for yourself. I'm sure you will find a way to get back the time you waste somehow.

ABW Ambassador
    Hey Professor,

The original topic was Linkshare and BeFree merchants that pay. Who were you promoting that owes you $100k? Probably some pyramid scheme like CyberRebates or some other rip off that you got your visitors into.

We could easily single out merchants on CJ, Befree, Performics, etc that have zero day cookies. In fact CJ staff asserted that cookies do not matter (on the CJU message boards a coupla months ago).

I am in complete agreement with you about the cookie thing. But you totally diminished your own argument by bringing it up, if you want to take shots at LS, then do not focus people's attention on an issue like cookies because ALL affiliate networks have merchants with short cookies.

ABW Ambassador
    There is a substantive difference between *short* cookies and *zero* cookies.

A merchant that values its affiliates as partners will offer at least SOME tracking for later visits.

Elisabeth Archambault

Hmmm.....

Imagine if I can write a scripting program that can rewrite cookies every day (or every hour), so that our CJ, Linkshare, BeFree cookies are ours........

or even better....make a virus that spread to all over the world that will find CJ, Linkshare, BeFree Cookies.....and update it with our ID.......

Nahhh......since no more competition then....
    Money is not everything... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sorry if this is not in the topic....
    Must be cause of the coffee
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast