Macy's Product Links [split]
    Ranae sorry if this is retracting from the original subject of this post, but here is something else you might want to research. I was just about to do some direct product linking for Macy's (as I have been doing for over a year now) and noticed that the option to "Click here if you are an advanced user and wish to browse the following merchant's website for a particular product: Macy's" has just disappeared off the radar!". I was always able to browse the website in a separate window on the right, copy the target and create a link direct to that product. I cannot do any product updating as I am now unable to create links, so please could you check and see why this is happening. This option is still there for other merchants, but Macy's is the one I use the most. I'd appreciate it

Grumpy and all,

If no one has noticed, LS is having a bad week (month, year). And if you have not noticed, there has been very little LS moderator postings this week. I caught them with their pants down about the SubID reporting issue which they have been avoiding answering like the plague. One starts to wonder if they really have a grasp of what is going on and if upper management has given the poor moderators any clue as to what is ahead.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy
    Ranae sorry if this is retracting from the original subject of this post, but here is something else you might want to research. I was just about to do some direct product linking for Macy's (as I have been doing for over a year now) and noticed that the option to "Click here if you are an advanced user and wish to browse the following merchant's website for a particular product: Macy's" has just disappeared off the radar!". I was always able to browse the website in a separate window on the right, copy the target and create a link direct to that product. I cannot do any product updating as I am now unable to create links, so please could you check and see why this is happening. This option is still there for other merchants, but Macy's is the one I use the most. I'd appreciate it
    I affiliate with Macy's too so I just checked.

I looks as if Macy's is forcing the affiliate to use the "lame box method"

I only saw "macys.com has created the following directory of products and categories for you to link to. "

Merchants can specify a type of search method: the advanced user method which enables the affiliate to browse the merchant's website for a particular product or the merchant can specify the search box method which is not as helpful.

Sephora for example uses the search box method. Some merchants purposely use one method over the other. I am not sure if expense comes into play with the advanced user method or if the decision is a function of a point of intellectual property concerns.

I hope Macy's will re-enable the advanced user method.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Rhea I have sent you a PM about this, as I don't want to clutter up this thread with the Macy's thing.

I split this out from the other thread.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks Michael

Hi.
    Why don't you use the datafeed?

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hey Grumpy,

Macy's is one of the direct product links I've documented on how to create. Go here:

http://www.suluta.com/DirectProductLinks.php

and click on Macy's. For some reason, my site doesn't work in FF, so use IE. I gotta get that fixed.

Thanks Saluta, I'll check it out. I have sent an email to Macy's to ask why this option is no longer there, and am hoping to get a reply soon. I'm a bit reluctant to create direct product links if they no longer support it, so perhaps I should just wait for them to clarify. Macy's is one of my best converting merchants, so I'm hoping that this is just a temporary glitch at LS. I've also noticed that their "Storefronts" are not working, which is rather odd. Anyway thanks again for your tip .

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Grumpy,
    I have contacted the Macy's Account Manager, but I have not heard anything yet. I'll keep you posted!
    Ranae

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Grumpy,
    The advanced user link was temporarily down at the end of last week, but it has been re-activated. Macy’s has not updated the storefronts because they did not think that this was a popular link type. If this is something that you would like Macy’s to create, please email affiliates@macys.com, and we will work with you to create a storefront for your needs.

Ranae

Does anyone else see a communication problem here?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Ranae thanks for the info . I actually just noticed this evening that the direct product linking is back (thank heavens!!). I'm not really into their Storefronts, but I do know of other people who are using it. Anyhow, as long as I can get my work done that's all that counts. It's a shame though that nobody at Macy's informed us of this problem when it happened.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread