Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Is CJ really worth it?
    I'm fairly new here, but it seems that most do not have good things to say about CJ. I have never dealt with them so I would not know. Are they really not worth dealing with?

not worth it

unless you have high blood pressure meds

Completely worth it. Despite it's irritations, CJ's reaping me some very tangible rewards.

Keep in mind, you'll always read more negative posts on a forum because people don't generally post when everything is status quo.

15 years and counting
    Look at who are saying bad thing about CJ? Do you think they are successful affiliates making money?
    All networks have problems including CJ. Once again, CJ is just a third party providing links and paying affiliates. They are doing a job, not always as good as expected but they pay their affiliates.
    Look at their merchants, are they worth working with? It should be your question.

I like CJ. I've had some good experiences with them. While at times things can get frustrating, I've always been paid what I'm owed. They send out payments much sooner than Linkshare which is now sending out payments slower than they did before. The reporting interface is generally sufficient and I enjoy the near real time statistics.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Yes they pay as promised.

They provide good stats and alert you to dead links.

They have a bigger variety of merchants than any other network.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

When CJ's product links search works it's great

I have not come across another third party network that has as good a search feature as CJ

Too bad it doesn't always work

Linkshare pays more frequently because of consolidated payments (for any amount) but the biggest single check I ever received came from CJ
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Actually, CJ consolidates payments as well. I didn't like LS as much because they didn't

Anyhow, never forget Affso:

People are far more likely to complain than they are to compliment. Whether it be at this forum, your local pool hall, or dinner with Mom, take all negativity as just that. Negativity. Fewer people will go out of their way to say something nice. And in a forum scenario such as this one, the same people get tired of defending the same criticisms from the same people over and over again.

Is CJ worth it?

I would suggest you learn that for yourself I like them. Not my favorite, but I like them and use them.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I've done business with all the major networks and several independent programs. CJ is far and away the best option out there.

I know there are a lot of Share a Sale fans here at ABW, but their merchants just don't compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    Actually, CJ consolidates payments as well. I didn't like LS as much because they didn't
    Oh, okay but they have a higher threshold before payment.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

"They provide good stats"

Sure they do....

Let's talk about all the delays in reporting shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by QuitYourDayJob.com
    I've done business with all the major networks and several independent programs. CJ is far and away the best option out there.
    I would agree. CJ not only covers the field in terms of a broad selection of merchants, its search function can make the affiliate aware of the fact that merchants the affiliate might have passed up offer the products the affiliate would like to promote
    I have learned about potential sales from companies that without CJ's excellent search function I wouldn't have joined as an affiliate.

Btw, QuitYourDayJob, why not Introduce Yourself in the Affiliate Forum so that everyone can say "hello?" I "recognized" your name prior to viewing your profile
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuitYourDayJob.com

I know there are a lot of Share a Sale fans here at ABW, but their merchants just don't compare.
    Look like you have done well at CJ!

https://www.cj.com/about/press/press_051004.jsp
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Horizon Award—Innovation: The award for Innovation is presented to a client in appreciation of its support to Commission Junction and to ongoing performance marketing educational outreach. This award represents the company's commitment to the people in the industry.

Publisher: Jeremy Palmer
    Jeremy Palmer is recognized throughout the online marketing industry for his consistently outstanding performance, innovative application of new technologies, and unwavering commitment to the pay-for-performance space. Launching in the holiday season of 2003, Jeremy has become one of the most productive, compliant, and responsive publishers in the Commission Junction network earning him CJ Performer status. An invaluable source of original feedback and insight, Jeremy endeavors not only to succeed in his own program, but also to drive superior strategy and results for both advertisers and his publisher peers.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Man, you've rocked it well with CJ:
    http://www.cj.com/clients/casestudy/jeremy_palmer.jsp

Enjoyed reading it. Seeing others do well, motivates me!

I don't think you should ever put all your eggs in one basket because merchants move around and businesses change ownership and other things change as well.

When I first started out I chose my desired merchants first and then went looking for them. Now, I look for merchants related to my site - first at ShareASale, then at CJ. CJ has more merchant choices, but ShareASale is beyond reliable.

Follow your instincts as to what will work for your plan and then adjust according to your experience. Balance your exposure as best you can.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Yes it is....Nuff said

Except for less than stellar client services and a few issues I have with specific Merchants, CJ is good.
    They pay you quickly (because they collect from the merchant in advance)
    The interface is easy...I especially like that you can send yourself the code via email
    YOu can find exactly where you have dead links posted..
    maybe i am used to their interface (minus a few "updates" harumph).. because it was the first affiliate platform i used
    but they are worth learning about

The results are good, and payment is extremely reliable, but customer service is nonexistent, so if there ever are problems, you're SOL.

CJ's development testing process is abysmal and uses affiliates and merchants as beta testers. So-called "upgrades" are extremely poorly thought out, and implemented even worse.

So in a nutshell, make sure you have a stock of Pepto Bismol on hand. The results can be worthwhile, but the process can be nervewracking.
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

Of course if you've been mentioned in one of the press releases you're gonna yell at the top of your lungs how good things are...

I love how CJ still claims they've never been late on payments which is not true. Remember the reporting delays....and the upgrades to the system that undergo years and years of testing....

Blah Blah Blah nothing is perfect, eh? Blah Blah Blah....

I left CJ, like a lot of others, when their PSA became too "controlling" and in some areas too "vague".

Just remember guys......tracking is NEVER affected :-)

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. I'm a long time lurker and only post occasionally.

I use to be a 1-trick pony and only do business with CJ, but in 2005 I decided to diversify and try other networks. After testing, using, and earning checks from other networks and platforms, I still like CJ best.

I think a lot of the frustration we experience as affiliates stems from the fact that we don't see what happens when a visitor leaves our site. We trust networks and merchants to make sure we're credited when a transaction happens. This lack of visibility causes us to think the worst when numbers are off.

There are so many outside factors that can affect your sales on a given day/week/month. When I first started out in affiliate marketing, and was only working with a few merchants and categories, I would notice big fluctuations in sales. As I started working with more merchants and new categories, the big fluctuations became small fluctuations.

Admittedly, I still get conversion anxiety when numbers are off. I cure my anxiety by making a test purchase. These test purchases provide me with a lot of good insight. Sometimes I learn a merchant has changed their landing page, shopping cart, or product/service offering. This gives me an opportunity to follow up with the Affiliate Manager and give them feedback. Sometimes nothing has changed, and sales return to normal after a few days.

There are essentially two things you can do when sales are off: test, and diversify.

IMO, CJ is by far the best network to work with. They have the best selection of merchants, the payouts are generally better than merchants on other networks, it is easy to find merchants, the payouts come out on time. Sometimes the interface gets a little flaky during upgrades but the benefits of working with CJ far outweigh any problems (which will be encoutered anywhere in one form or another).

Yes, CJ has a bucket load of good merchants. There are plenty of good merchants at Shareasale as well. I'll bet that the crap merchants at CJ outnumber the crap merchants at Shareasale by a ratio of at least two to one.

Furthermore, when a sale fails to get tracked on CJ, you can count on getting stonewalled. When a sale fails to get tracked on Shareasale, you get ACTION in FIVE MINUTES.

I start with the web page. Wherever I find the products that I need for my context, I sign up. So I'm on CJ, Befree (which I find much easier to work with, clearer and faster to load), Regnow, Linkshare, and a few private affiliate programs.

They've all got pluses and minuses. For me, the determining criteria is can I create the links that will work for my visitors. So far, financially as well, Befree has been the big winner. And of 11 merchants I'm signed up with on CJ, only one has deep linking. On Befree, out of a similar number, all do.

Quote Originally Posted by affso
    I'm fairly new here, but it seems that most do not have good things to say about CJ. I have never dealt with them so I would not know. Are they really not worth dealing with?

CJ is #1

Keep in mind, If you make 1000 sales 1-2% will complain and .05-1% will commend you. The other 97%+ are happy customers.
    This rule of thumb works in almost any business and situation.
    Out of the 100,000's of thousands of users you could count the dissatisfide on just a few hands. Far less then the 1%.
    I for one have made a nice fortune from CJ and companies like CJ.

My only regret is that I did not find this niche sooner.
    Need eBooks ? [URL=http://www.softebooks.com]We gott'em[/URL]:escape:<br>

The other 97%+ are happy customers.
    Let's make that satisfied... Which is different, but still good....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast