ABW Ambassador
    site title displayed up top after someone clicks on the link to visit an affiliate site. What will "same frame" and "parent frame" do. I see sites linked like this and their top is still kind of in a frame. I don't know all that techi java stuff. Is this something simple I can do on frontpage.

Goto says as long as the affiliate has your name still on their site once clicked through the terms will be accepted.

i think this is what you mean

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    &lt;HTML&gt;
    &lt;HEAD&gt;
    &lt;TITLE&gt;groovy home page&lt;/TITLE&gt;
    &lt;/HEAD&gt;

&lt;FRAMESET ROWS="80,*" border="0"&gt;
    &lt;FRAME SRC="banner.html" NAME="banner" scrolling="no"&gt;
    &lt;FRAME SRC="http://www.qksrv.net/click-123456-654321" NAME="main" scrolling="yes"&gt;
    &lt;/FRAMESET&gt;
    &lt;NOFRAMES&gt;
    &lt;BODY&gt;

&lt;BR&gt;&lt;BR&gt;&lt;BR&gt;

&lt;CENTER&gt;
    Your browser does not support frames
    &lt;a href="http://www.qksrv.net/click-123456-654321" target="_top"&gt;click here&lt;/a&gt;&lt;img src="http://www.qksrv.net/image-123456-654321" width="1" height="1" border="0"&gt;
    to continue
    &lt;/CENTER&gt;

&lt;/BODY&gt;
    &lt;/NOFRAMES&gt;
    &lt;/HTML&gt;
    </pre>

save the code above as "index.html" it will divide your page into two windows, the banner window (name="banner") at the top and the second frame src calls the merchant page into the main window (name="main")

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    &lt;HTML&gt;
    &lt;HEAD&gt;
    &lt;TITLE&gt;banner page&lt;/TITLE&gt;
    &lt;/HEAD&gt;

&lt;BODY MARGINWIDTH="0" LEFTMARGIN="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" TOPMARGIN="0"&gt;

&lt;CENTER&gt;
    &lt;a href="http://www.qksrv.net/click-123456-654321" target="main"&gt;&lt;img src="http://www.qksrv.net/image-123456-654321" width="468" height="60" alt="" border="0"&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;/CENTER&gt;

&lt;/BODY&gt;
    &lt;/HTML&gt;
    </pre>

save this code as "banner.html" and upload it with the "index.html" remember to use your own qksrv codes instead of the made up ones
    you may have problems if you use this on a freeserver if they insist on forcing their own banner on your page

ABW Ambassador
    Austin - Your'e a GENIUS. THANK YOU So much. From what you showed me, I was actually able to find and then go into FrontPage's create new page option and pick a template for Split Frames. Ohhhhhh, I learned something new today. Thanks so much.

ABW Ambassador
    Jada,
    A point to keep in mind when using frames.

LinkShare states that:

With the release of Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0, we wanted to make sure you are aware of some critical facts:

1. LinkShare does not use cookies to track direct sales, so we are compliant with IE 6 in terms of our tracking.

2. As an affiliate, if you use frames on your web site to display a merchant's site, you should make sure that your merchants are IE 6 compliant. When you use frames on your web site, the merchant's return day cookies become third party cookies and are blocked, unless the merchant is IE 6 compliant. This is true regardless of the affiliate program provider.

LinkShare is urging all our merchants to become IE 6 compliant. We hope this clarifies some of the questions many of you have had about IE 6.

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: Guffy ]

Agree with Heyder. Put as much real text and a real page in the NOFRAME tag as possible. This will also highly increase your likliehood of maintaining or achieving a decent google standing, even on the framed page.

ABW Ambassador
    Just when you think you had it all figured out!! LOL!! Forget it, I don't want to risk it. Hopefully goto won't delete anymore of my terms. I'm not to crazy about frames anyway. Maybe I'll do a test google site just to see.

ABW Ambassador
    Don't worry about Google in regards to a page you're going to promote with Overture. It would probably be easiest and most effective to use two separate pages, one for Google and regular search engines, and one for Overture. Then you can jump through whatever hoops you have to to get Overture to accept your URL. Frames, dancing teddy bears, whatever it takes (and whatever you have the patience for), it won't hurt your ranking in Google.

If you do any link exchanges, submitting to directories, etc. do them for the page you want Google to like, not the one you'll be promoting with Overture.

Elisabeth Archambault

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread