Advertiser Acts as Affiliate Shopping Mall!
    A few minutes ago, I searched a coupon, supposedly as one of the keywords of my site, at Google. On the first SERP I found an affiliate shopping mall using a familiar domain name of my advertisers. Three years ago, each month I got a lot of sales from this advertiser. Since last year its hard to book even a single sale.

Whats happening with their core business? Why dont they do both activities in separate domain? I never received any notification from the advertiser about this side business (or possibly now replacing their core business?). Is CJ allows a publisher registers his/her advertiser url as publisher url? Any comments would be appreciated.
    IRS
    Don't ask why the ball doesn't come.

I'd like to hear some comments as well. This reminds me of the Shareasale merchant who has intergrated other merchant's affiliate datafeed into their catalog. So basically I was sending my visitors to a competitor and most likely getting cookie over-rides

Lightbulb
    sometimes the "merchant" is just an affiliate of many. They usually show up in places like ClickXchange, although there is/was one in SAS in the plus size clothing business. (a lot of us dropped them for no conversions in 1000+ hits)

interested to know more how this work

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    It would be easier for us to analize what's taking place if you provide the keywords and merchants name you used at Google. There is no keyword + coupon that isn't targeted by both natural SERP SEO tricksters and the PPCSE playas. The word COUPON is synamous with Point Of Sale attack dogs pouncing upon the merchant's checkout process and existing affiliate referral cookies. Nothing new there as even the BHO popup cookie wash isl all incentive based.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

This merchant maintains its programs in many networks including in-house. If this merchant were not having a room here, I might be would not post this case. I believe that their respected AM has read these posts.
    IRS

Quote Originally Posted by IRS
    This merchant maintains its programs in many networks including in-house. If this merchant were not having a room here, I might be would not post this case. I believe that their respected AM has read these posts.
    Not surprising as the majority of the 24,000 ABW members only come here to pickout the most likely merchants to shove into their cookie cannon machines. Any new program announcement brings immediate demands for COUPONS and FEEDS. Some actively posting ABWers push for customer facing tools like GoldenCan and PSC creatives to launch a new merchant on their site's pages. (ps; no value to traffic spammers) Most just look for easy spam and cookie setting tools requiring a 5 minute launch effort throwing the AM into a quandry that targeted page building efforts and pre-sell spin will run head long into cookie washing cannons.

I should know as only one ABWer in the last 16 months has bothered to join the highest converting merchant program in this affiliate industry, because of lack of SE and direct to merchant PPCSE spam tools. Therefore I'm forced to shoehorn the merchant's program into the legit targeted traffic shopping portals and comparision shopping engines to double sales every year, while keeping their natural SERPs and PPCSE 100% spam free and protecting affiliate referral cookies from overwrites.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    A few minutes ago, I searched a coupon, supposedly as one of the keywords of my site, at Google. On the first SERP I found an affiliate shopping mall using a familiar domain name of my advertisers. Three years ago, each month I got a lot of sales from this advertiser. Since last year its hard to book even a single sale.

Whats happening with their core business? Why dont they do both activities in separate domain? I never received any notification from the advertiser about this side business (or possibly now replacing their core business?). Is CJ allows a publisher registers his/her advertiser url as publisher url? Any comments would be appreciated.
    I and I'm sure every other honest affiliate on this forum would love to know who this "merchant" is, IRS.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I and I'm sure every other honest affiliate on this forum would love to know who this "merchant" is, IRS.
    This merchant is also an affiliate. By rule I can not disclose it.
    IRS

Todd is here. I hope he would answer my question:
    Does CJ allow a publisher registers his/her advertiser url as publisher url?
    IRS

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    I should know as only one ABWer in the last 16 months has bothered to join the highest converting merchant program in this affiliate industry, because of lack of SE and direct to merchant PPCSE spam tools.
    Bothered, or been allowed?? I know you maintain high standards for admission.

I checked further on its Affiliate pages, I found this:
    Merchant Member Savings: offering Coupons from other merchants they affiliate with.

So once our traffics sent to this merchant, they will be trapped there.

And no wonder that other AMs here dont know who this merchant is, as this merchant is almost not an affiliate of the merchants that have their rooms here. Seems that I have to ask Haiko first, what kind of hints allow to be posted here that doesnt breach the rule?
    IRS

This merchant is also an affiliate. By rule I can not disclose it.
    Right. Sorry to put you on the spot, IRS.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Right. Sorry to put you on the spot, IRS.
    Its ok. Dont put in mind, Rexanne. Maybe it would be better for you if I update the word a room in my second post become rooms. Not many merchants here who have more than one room.
    IRS

Its ok. Dont put in mind, Rexanne. Maybe it would be better for you if I update the word a room in my second post become rooms. Not many merchants here who have more than one room.
    :-) Thanks IRS. I'll investigate.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    Bothered, or been allowed?? I know you maintain high standards for admission.
    Since 1998 I've turned down 2 affiliates applications. One for submitting a site they didn't own or control and another using some "get paid to earn" click farm site. Only requirement is a physical click from the affiliates own page creative or e-mail link.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Since 1998 I've turned down 2 affiliates applications. One for submitting a site they didn't own
    like what? Google?

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo
    like what? Google?
    Naw it was a mispelling of Flamingoword.com with an address to a transvestie bar in New Orleans french quarter. I knew the place, having lived down there, and remember trying to pick up this gorgeous chick at the bar till Charlie warned me she was bogus. He yelled ...don't take a bite out of that adams apple

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread