ABW Ambassador
    List of merchants who offer RSS Feeds to their affiliates
    The other thread got me thinking on rss feeds. Do we have an existing list of merchants who offer rss feeds for their affiliates? If not, then we can make a list right here

If you are a merchant who is currently providing rss feeds(with affiliate links embedded into it), please post here and let us know the link where we can get it?

Thanks in advance
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

Newaff,
    Are you talking about RSS product feed or coupon feed or just any?

As for the coupon feed, MontRED has one pre-coded with affiliate-id and coupon-code. The link is: http://www.montred.com/affiliates/to....php?affid=999 where '999' should be replaced with your affiliate-id.

cheers!
    -nishith

ABW Ambassador
    Are you talking about RSS product feed or coupon feed or just any?
    nish, I am looking for all types of rss feeds (whether offered as product feeds or coupon feeds).
    also, if some merchants offer rss feeds for others, they are also welcome to list here.
    basically, the rss feeds which can make the task of affiliates easier
    The Best Forums
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Affiliate RSS & Web Service Tools from AvantLink
    newaff, I would like for you to see our tool center first hand. We have several dynamic tools that use RSS with Affiliate links automatically imbedded. Drop me a line or feel free to give me a call...or just go ahead and apply to the network. You may want to review our acceptance criteria first to make sure your site(s) are a fit. If you do apply just give me a heads up and I'll look for your application.. check out our forum a little bit here on ABW and you'll be able to read up on some of these tools I am referring to..

Publishing Aff links through RSS is great because you not only have dynamic offerings that stay up-to-date... but the content is crawlable and provides valuable SEO benefits..

I look forward to hearing from you, Gary M

I don't think many merchants are up to speed with RSS, but they should come along sooner or later. I think merchants should continue to send us information in flat text files (even coupons) because it's just easier to handle from a programming point of view. Merchants should use RSS for their updates and affiliate newsletters. That way affiliates can log into their RSS reader and take all the promotional URL's out to be entered into their sites. This would be nicer than email newsletters because some of us contract out coupon maintenance on our sites. This way my coupon manager doesn't need to log into my email account to get the coupons. She can log into an RSS reader to get the coupons. That would be nice.

Ideally the networks should support this. When a merchant sends a newsletter out through their system, the network should provide affiliates with an RSS link for the newsletter stream. This would be very easy to implement for the affiliate network, and it would be transparent to merchants.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Wow Scott (as always!) I really like your idea for using RSS with Aff newsletter distribution.. I'll add this to our idea list.. to the idea you gave us for teasing featured products on category pages with our datafeed client.

I don't think many merchants are up to speed with RSS, but they should come along sooner or later.
    I agree with you, and this is why we have made standardized tools using RSS and other new technologies to help merchants get their offerings out there with ease, and to also keep those offerings accurate and up-to-date. Our tools are deep-linking tools, so merchants give us their datafeed and we integrate their offerings through the network's tool center using RSS and a Web Service platform..

We've basically created an opportunity for merchants to provide us with their datafeed.. and from that point all Affiliates in our network have access to several advanced deep linking tools that work off their feed. We set a routine to grab an updated feed from the merchant, and then those updates are automatically pushed out to Affiliates..

There's so many opportunites out there using these technologies. It truly is next-generation Affiliate marketing..!

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Gary, will have a look at the tools you offer
    The Best Forums
    Abestweb Store

ok cool.
    Great newaff, Give me the heads up when you submit your application.. Gary M

A smart use of MontRED's RSS coupon feed: Oscar developed an interesting Coupon Ticker tool using our RSS feed.

Check it out here.

cheers!
    -nishith

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink
    newaff, I would like for you to see our tool center first hand. We have several dynamic tools that use RSS with Affiliate links automatically imbedded. Drop me a line or feel free to give me a call...or just go ahead and apply to the network. You may want to review our acceptance criteria first to make sure your site(s) are a fit. If you do apply just give me a heads up and I'll look for your application.. check out our forum a little bit here on ABW and you'll be able to read up on some of these tools I am referring to..

Publishing Aff links through RSS is great because you not only have dynamic offerings that stay up-to-date... but the content is crawlable and provides valuable SEO benefits..

I look forward to hearing from you, Gary M
    You have answered my prayers! I have been searching for weeks for this. Im signing up now.... celebrityfeed.net

Sorry for the bump.

mhipp,

You should be good to go now.. let me know what you think of the tools..

Gary M

Affiliate Manager affaction_chris's Avatar
    Hey everyone,

I've been working on a tool that would allow affiliates to offer RSS feeds to their visitors.

For example, let's say you have a site that sells games/toys. You could log into our RSS Generator, select the Playful Plush Toy RSS feed, which contains a listing of their hottest gifts for the upcoming holiday season, and get the code for all the popular RSS feed readers, MyYahoo, Google, etc.. You would take this code, place it on your site under a "Hottest Selling Toys" area and let your customers add YOUR affiliate encoded RSS feed to their personal homepage.

Before we roll this tool out, we want to get some feedback from the affiliate community on a couple of issues.

1) Does having affiliate encoded links on a customer's personal homepage ruffle any feathers? The customer did choose to receive a feed from the affiliate site, but any subsequent clicks thru the RSS feed will always set the affiliate cookie. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

2) The plan is to host the XML that the feeds will read on our server in order for the content to be dynamically updated each night. Is their an interest to allow affiliates to host the XML on their site? Obviously, the feed would be static at this point, but this would allow for advanced customization. The RSS feed would have to be updated manually like a datafeed though.

3) Are there enough affiliates/customers using RSS feeds to make this worthwhile?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts. We want to create something that will add value, so we need your input!

Just wanted to give this thread a bump for those that may have missed it over the weekend.

Appreciate any feedback regarding my last post...no feedback = we'll do it wrong!

http and a telephoto
    Hey Chris, I would think you would want a new thread for that discussion.

As to who has an rss feed with aff links embedded... we have one at http://www.yourdatafeed.com for CafePress.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Loxly,

Thanks for the tip! I'll start a new thread and see if that helps.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread