Fair CPM
    Does anyone know the average going rate for CPM's nowadays with very targeted traffic. I know in the dot.com says, advertisers were paying over $20 CPM for not so targeted traffic. Is there a published guide out there somewhere? Anyone running CPM and care to share? Thanks in advance!

ABW Ambassador
    You can test it out through Google adwords. You can get an estimate for your targeted traffic by try running a test cpm ad there. It can give you a basic idea.
    The Best Forums
    Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance
    . Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistance and determination are omnipotent.
    Abestweb Store

I found that i was able to get a CPM in the area of 2-3 bucks, which turned into 16 bucks for two clicks. To date this is the most expensive traffic that I have paid for and I will not be doing it again.

done through adwords CPM with specific keyword targets

Here's a look at our rate card...

PhillyBurbs Rate Card

Advertising inquiries welcome.

hey thanks for the replies everyone. And Karl, THANK YOU for the rate card! Nice! Much appreciated buddy! Hey, how is your little one doing? I remember reading about your story way way back!

lurk
    Quote Originally Posted by Affiliate Ian
    hey thanks for the replies everyone. And Karl, THANK YOU for the rate card! Nice! Much appreciated buddy! Hey, how is your little one doing? I remember reading about your story way way back!
    It greatly depends on what your niche is and how much that traffic is worth to your advertisers... something can be extreamly targetted but not enough advertisers wanting that traffic. For instance, online games sites are very targetted, online games, the traffic is generally looked at as pretty bad regardless of what volume it is at so you may be looking at only earning less than $2 CPM, probably even less than $1 CPM. Now, you can see sites like adrants.com where the rates can be up to $100 CPM. This is just because the users who visit that site are not only very targetted, but worth a hell of a lot more to the advertisers. You may pay $100 CPM but land a client willing to through down a 100k/month budget on your services.

It's really hard to tell what the best CPM rates is without seeing a website, it's still hard to even generalize a particual category. Basically what I am trying to get across is that Niche isn't the only factor to concider, try looking at established competition and see what they charge, or try to enquire as if you are an advertiser to find out. Generally they will have a good idea since they are established and know the supply vs. the demand.

What category is your site if you don't mind me asking?
    Jason

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Does anyone know the average going rate for CPM's nowadays with very targeted traffic. I know in the dot.com says, advertisers were paying over $20 CPM for not so targeted traffic. Is there a published guide out there somewhere? Anyone running CPM and care to share? Thanks in advance!
    If you're running affiliate links on your site, check your overqall CPM, combine and divide by the number of networks and/or programs included and figure accordingly.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

lurk
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    If you're running affiliate links on your site, check your overqall CPM, combine and divide by the number of networks and/or programs included and figure accordingly.
    Yeah you can use that method as well, given that the affiliate programs are very targetted. Also, you can generally earn up to 50% more by selling it directly on a CPM basis (they don't have to pay network fees) as long as you have active advertisers ready to utilize your inventory.
    Jason

It depends on the size of the ad.
    I get anywhere from 1 dollar to 100 dollars per cpm
    just depends on Ad size and placement

But from my experience

468x60 - 728x90 typically gets me 1.5 - 4 dollars CPM
    120x600 3 - 7 dollars CPM
    160x600 10 - 26 dollars CPM
    Rectangles (300x250 328x3000 4 - 15 dollars CPM
    728x90 that expand to 728x800 20 - 100 dollars CPM

"Fair" LOL.

I'd like to see everyone get those rates as an aff, Ian.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

? Am I missing something here ?

Hey thanks everyone for chiming in! Much appreciated. Hardwaregeeks, I knew you would come through with this one. Thanks!

Fantastic, thanks for asking! Little Catie starts preschool this fall - WOW! Where does the time go?

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread