Tech Support Does Not Answer Emails
    I have been been trying to get a hold of tech support for a week. They never return my emails. I still have not been paid for December or January. I called yesterday and tech support seemed that they could care less that I have not been paid or that no one at shareasale has even bothered to process my December and January payment. I have received totally unprofessional service so far. How can I get shareasale to do it's job? It's not that hard to tally my sales and send me a check.

15 years and counting
    Are you sure everything is correct with your account?
    I have been been trying to get a hold of tech support for a week.
    And you said you have not been paid these last two months, have you done something in December?
    I'm getting my payments (and many here) every month. No problem with SAS.
    You're the first to complain of a payment problem.
    The best is to contact Brian, brian[at]shareasale.com, not the tech support.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    So it seemed they could care less and you received unprofessional service, but they also didn't reply. Huh?

Did you surpass the minimum threshold to trigger payment? Did you specify your preferred method for payment? Did you read the "When will I be paid?" help section at ShareASale (available on the first screen as soon as you log in)?

Hi Zeus

I have a couple hundred dollars for December and January so I'm way past the $50 minimum. I have not tried to contact Brian yet but that is the next thing I will do. Since others have been paid no problem then I am sure Brian will send out a check pronto. There really is no exuse for tech support not answering emails or fixing payment issues in a timely manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    So it seemed they could care less and you received unprofessional service, but they also didn't reply. Huh?

in)?
    No reply via email. I called tech support and they said they would reply via email but so far no email. It's been a week since I first contacted tech support via email. Yes, I checked the minimum and I'm way past it. I worked hard to make the sales so not getting paid makes me a bit miffed. Tech support did not seemed concerned on the phone that I was not getting paid. I don't know what tech support is like like via email as they have yet to email me back which is why I'm ranting here.

Payment issues will do that to me as well. But for me, I've never gotten better service than SAS provides. I'd pick up the phone again and get an answer from tech support. If they can't provide one, get a trouble ticket number or help item number for reference before contacting Brian. Escalating things in a professional manner will, in my experience, serve you better. And recheck your account and make sure you've designated your preferred payment method. I'd also check that the merchants you work with have "online" status.

Payment issues will do that to me as well. But for me, I've never gotten better service than SAS provides. I'd pick up the phone again and get an answer from tech support. If they can't provide one, get a trouble ticket number or help item number for reference before contacting Brian. Escalating things in a professional manner will, in my experience, serve you better. And recheck your account and make sure you've designated your preferred payment method. I'd also check that the merchants you work with have "online" status.
    My merchant used to pay me direct and never stiffed me on any payment. He gave us the choice to sign-up here and view our sales in real time. My account is in good standing and all shareasale procedures have been followed.

I am also a business owner outside the Internet and I have zero tolerance for inept tech support. I just sent an email to Brian but I will open a TT later today if this is not resolved. It would be wise of shareasale to solve payment problems quickly seeing as how affiliate sales folks are what keeps this entire website afloat.

Careful, if this turns out to be something you've overlooked, phrases like "inept tech support" and "it would be wise of shareasale to solve" can make you feel pretty silly.

I don't doubt you have a payment issue, and I don't mean to downplay the seriousness of payment issues (they are the supreme issue!), but it's that my experience with SAS has been nothing less than stellar. I sell a lot there now, but even when I was a teeny little fly on the wall there, I got served well and served fast.

Best of luck getting this resolved quickly. I'm 110% confident that you will do exactly that!

Careful, if this turns out to be something you've overlooked, phrases like "inept tech support" and "it would be wise of shareasale to solve" can make you feel pretty silly.

!
    I stand behind my rant. If it's my mistake then I will own-up to it here. A week to solve a simple problem is plenty of time. The fact is that tech support as of yesterday had not even looked into the matter. My sales are in locked mode so it's really as simple as sending a check to the address on my SAS account.

There is nothing wrong with asking that business be conducted in a timely manner. My point is that I have not received any response or help from tech support even after a week of trying to contact them and get my check sent.

Email can be a very problematic way of communicating with companies, especially with all the new spam filters added in the past couple years. I would recommend calling them again.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Email can be a very problematic way of communicating with companies, especially with all the new spam filters added in the past couple years. I would recommend calling them again.
    Will do but last time I called they said they would send me an email response.

I'm in a bit of a catch-22 which is why I'm posting here instead of taking care of this matter in private.

I'm sure there must be a good reason. They've always been great to me... You're positive your direct deposit info is corrct, and you don't accidentally have your payment threshold set too high?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

JJK
    I had what I thought was a similar problem with sas a few years ago. Months went by and I never got paid, I emailed and they kept saying they sent payment.
    It turned out that I had moved, and for some reason the checks they were sending were NOT forwarding.

it took a few months to clear up, but since then its been smooth.
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=RoyalBlue]He who asks is a fool for five minutes...but he who does not ask is a fool forever.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    I'm sure there must be a good reason. They've always been great to me... You're positive your direct deposit info is corrct, and you don't accidentally have your payment threshold set too high?
    Odd, now I have access to this thread. Well the consensus is that I will be paid so I guess I'll keep asking each day until the check is mailed. Not sure what the hold-up is but it looks like I will eventually get paid so I'm less worried then when I first started this rant.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    jjk,

I just sent you an email on this...

You'll probably get a duplicate as Tech Support indicated to you on the phone that they were working on it and would email you back as well. Either way, we'll get the issue resolved as soon as possible.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

JJK
    SAS has a system of sales "pending" and some of the older merchants approve sales when they 'get around to it'. Maybe this is what youre dealing with?
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=RoyalBlue]He who asks is a fool for five minutes...but he who does not ask is a fool forever.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] :rolleyes:

Brian's in. 'Nuff said.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    jjk,

I just sent you an email on this...

You'll probably get a duplicate as Tech Support indicated to you on the phone that they were working on it and would email you back as well. Either way, we'll get the issue resolved as soon as possible.
    Ah, now that is service! I will relax and enjoy my day now. I get a bit uptight about money as I have to pay big bucks to adverstise my affiliate links. Looks like this issue will be resolved soon so all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by tmmmandm
    JJK
    SAS has a system of sales "pending" and some of the older merchants approve sales when they 'get around to it'. Maybe this is what youre dealing with?
    The sales are in locked mode but I'm not worried about not getting paid anymore.

Looks like the switch I made from direct deposit to snail mail has caused some confusion. Since I had not received a direct deposit for 5 days I switched to snail mail. How long does direct deposit take? I'm thinking snail mail might actually be faster because I live in the USA.
    Last edited by jjk; February 28th, 2006 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jjk
    ...How long does direct deposit take? I'm thinking snail mail might actually be faster because I live in the USA.
    Wire Transfer from a company from whom I receive large ($x,xxx - $xx,xxx) payments takes anywhere from three to five days at my bank. The home office of one company is in DC and I am in Baltimore -- I could walk there faster than that.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    Wire Transfer from a company from whom I receive large ($x,xxx - $xx,xxx) payments takes anywhere from three to five days at my bank. The home office of one company is in DC and I am in Baltimore -- I could walk there faster than that.

Check mailed today! I will pass on direct deposit in the future and use snail mail.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Just as an FYI for anyone to reference if they find this thread in the future during a similar problem... If you switch your payment preference to Direct Deposit, make sure to also input your banking information - if banking information is left blank, the payment will not process at all...

We are also going to work on a few things here to make sure that the process of adding your bank information is a little smoother as I think that was part of the problem.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    Just as an FYI for anyone to reference if they find this thread in the future during a similar problem... If you switch your payment preference to Direct Deposit, make sure to also input your banking information - if banking information is left blank, the payment will not process at all...

We are also going to work on a few things here to make sure that the process of adding your bank information is a little smoother as I think that was part of the problem.
    My direct deposit info was in there for a few days before the 20th and for 5 days after the 20th. I took it out yesterday because no one answered my emails until today.

I think a regular check is the best for me and it was sent today so everything worked out.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread